PDA

View Full Version : Spotters get Typhoon shock

Alpha Two Zero
July 13th, 2013, 06:03
Hi Guys,
Not sure if this has been shown. But came across this on the BBC News Channel RAF Waddington plane spotters get Typhoon shock

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-23296285)

dhazelgrove
July 13th, 2013, 06:09
I don't have much sympathy for the spotters, I must confess.
They're warned about standing there, so can't complain if something comes in low and fast.

Dave

IanHenry
July 13th, 2013, 06:49
Check this out:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?79976-Typhoon-Close-Shave-at-Air-Show

Ian.

SkippyBing
July 13th, 2013, 07:22
To be fair it's a public right of way and there's no law against being stupid. Or for being below glide-path apparently.

dhazelgrove
July 13th, 2013, 09:00
"See The Boss. Hat on."

Dave

Sundog
July 13th, 2013, 10:52
I don't buy the official response that it was a "normal" approach. He looked way too low to me. Having said that, planes crash, for many reasons. If you are right in the flight path and something like this happens, you've only yourself to blame. I would have been more like those guys standing off to the side of the approach path taking pictures, and laughing at the rest as they ran.

AndyG43
July 13th, 2013, 10:59
I don't buy the official response that it was a "normal" approach.

Normal RAF approach, looks right to me. ;) I used to a few miles from RAF Wittering, came close on more than one occasion to having to wipe tyre marks off the roof off my car!!

Sundog
July 13th, 2013, 16:45
Normal RAF approach, looks right to me. ;) I used to a few miles from RAF Wittering, came close on more than one occasion to having to wipe tyre marks off the roof off my car!! So what you're telling me is those people we're quite literally that stupid? Unfortunately, I believe you. Of course, my next question would be, why have the road so close then? Why not close that section of the road and re-route it further away from the thresh-hold?

Matt Wynn
July 13th, 2013, 17:19
reason is Waddington is an old base, as is that road... would cost way too much to re-route so they just opted for the cheap option and whacked some lights up to stop traffic when somethings on finals to land... what is now the A15 used to be part of the Peri-track, some standings are still left over on the East of that road and can be seen here on the left, also shows the road proximity...

http://www.visitlincoln.com/media/made/media/photography/things-to-do/raf-waddington_650_400_c1_center_center_0_0_1.jpg

Ian Warren
July 13th, 2013, 18:18
A good Chuckle , dumbness , and media :icon_lol: .... some peoples brain cases are filled with mash potato but if your COOL clever and a smart cookie you could really get some great shots ... Media using the child angle again:running:... this sort off hype mucks it up for those clever few .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">