PDA

View Full Version : my tablet pc died

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 05:44
I use a tablet pc android to monitor soh at night. this morning it was locked up frozen at 5 minutes to 3 am.
it would not shut off or anything but it was hot real hot where the trandformer plugs into it. it is 2.5 years old.
i did notice the battery only charged to 1/2 way for the past month.
it finally went black around 9:30 am and wont turn back on.
i tried another transformer but i am afraid it is dead.

papab
July 13th, 2013, 06:00
How much for a new one?
Rick

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 06:08
im not really sure, haven't looked yet.
i'd like to get one of them new MS things win-8

JoeW
July 13th, 2013, 06:55
Try holding the off/on button down for about 2 minute3s or until it shuts down. A lot of the tablets crash like that and that's what is recommended.

TheGrunt
July 13th, 2013, 07:41
i'd like to get one of them new MS things win-8
Surface RT is not IMO that great or at least overpriced for the specs, but the Pro model seems to be great. It is also quite pricey, but it is more like a real laptop put into tablet case, so price is understandable. No other tablet offers nearly similar specs: Core i5 processor, 4GT RAM, HD Graphics 4000 with 10,6" 1080p display. Now that is a tablet I'd like to have.

I actually have Motorola Xoom 2 ME, but mostly my wife uses it. It works fluidly but IMO tablets are too limited and I rather grab my Asus 11.6" Ultrabook instead: a lot more power, usable keyboard and possibility to use "real" software. Surface Pro might be the tablet to replace the laptop for me.

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 09:13
Surface Pro sounds like what id dreamed of, i was disapointed in my android it was too slow but did get the job done, i'll look at Surface Pro specs online

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 09:16
i see what you mean about pricy, lol:icon_lol:

Skyhawk_310R
July 13th, 2013, 12:47
Try holding the off/on button down for about 2 minute3s or until it shuts down. A lot of the tablets crash like that and that's what is recommended.

Same thing's true for smart phones. Once in a while some application will seize up the Jellybean O/S and the user's manual should have instructions on how to implement the hard reset function, which bypasses all the O/S functions and forces the phone off. It's necessary because smart phones today can have an internal battery that cannot be removed, and so this switch combination is basically removing battery power from the device to force it off.

Ron, check the manual for this feature. It's not always the same combination of actions but the advice given is likely going to work.

Ken

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 13:49
nothing worked, it went black and stayed that way.

ViperPilot2
July 13th, 2013, 14:17
It sounds like a cooked battery to me. What kind of tablet is it?

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 14:25
not sure the name but the place where the battery is under was very very hot when i unplugged it this morning, sounds like the battery pack to me too.
once it cooled down it went black and stayed that way

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 14:34
it will be missed, the best damm night light i ever had, :icon_lol:

Ickie
July 13th, 2013, 14:37
it was called an apad, at the time i got it, it was the biggest screen, 10"