PDA

View Full Version : RE: what the hell is going on w rising sun ?

dasgoot2002
July 11th, 2013, 10:40
:a1451: from what i see a whole lot of nothing , hell i have to play cfs2 to get my pacific needs or il-2 pf / come on people we need some rising sun things going on ? any info on anything moving ahead w this gotta b somethin in the works i hope so ...............................................

HouseHobbit
July 11th, 2013, 10:48
Oh just messing about in the China Burma Theater..and Pearl here..
Others are working on other aspects of this..
I just do missions..

And there is much Rejoicing!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

italflyer
July 11th, 2013, 10:56
:a1451: from what i see a whole lot of nothing , hell i have to play cfs2 to get my pacific needs or il-2 pf / come on people we need some rising sun things going on ? any info on anything moving ahead w this gotta b somethin in the works i hope so ...............................................

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?60332-rising-sun

Pat Pattle
July 11th, 2013, 12:05
from what i see a whole lot of nothing , hell i have to play cfs2 to get my pacific needs or il-2 pf / come on people we need some rising sun things going on ? any info on anything moving ahead w this gotta b somethin in the works i hope so ...............................................

I understand your frustrations, unfortunately the cfs3 community is dwindling and we've lost the creator of the theatre so unless we get more bods willing to put in the time to learn and create content it's not going to move forward very fast.

CFS3 is so very underrated and much maligned (by the ignorant) but is still THE best moddable combat flight sim IMO and I've tried them all.

HouseHobbit
July 11th, 2013, 12:26
I understand your frustrations, unfortunately the cfs3 community is dwindling and we've lost the creator of the theatre so unless we get more bods willing to put in the time to learn and create content it's not going to move forward very fast.

CFS3 is so very underrated and much maligned (by the ignorant) but is still THE best moddable combat flight sim IMO and I've tried them
all.
I agree!!

I will ask the team to release the China Burma missions and files..

This will help keep the interest alive I hope..

I will have to have a set for low end computers and one set up for high end computers..
this will take a bit to finish..

I have experienced this with a newer computer I now have, and the high end missions run well on this..
For those with older computers I will include a set for this..

I hope that Master Talon when he is free will do more also..
More screenshots from this set..
And there is Much Rejoicing!

Daiwilletti
July 11th, 2013, 12:51
I agree!!

I will ask the team to release the China Burma missions and files..

This will help keep the interest alive I hope..

I will have to have a set for low end computers and one set up for high end computers..
this will take a bit to finish..

I have experienced this with a newer computer I now have, and the high end missions run well on this..
For those with older computers I will include a set for this..

I hope that Master Talon when he is free will do more also..
More screenshots from this set..
And there is Much Rejoicing!

Great screenies, Owen :applause:

So get busy Dasgoot2002 - start building missions or creating facilities to populate the new theatres, sounds like there is plenty to do :icon_eek:. Otherwise it all sounds a bit churlish?

I agree Clive this sim is the best Sandpit available it would be so much better if more people knew about it. All the recent a/c being ported over from FS2004 gives me hope for a new frisson of interest.

Happy flying :icon30:

Talon
July 11th, 2013, 13:27
I also got a new computer and haven't set everything up yet for Rusing Sun.

This is what I still have on my external drive for when I get everything back up.

I've made a template fot areas in the Risng Sun.

Port Morseby- Port facilities and oil tanks and various other things.

Canton-Port facilities,factories and Oil tanks and rifinery.

The same with Hong Kong.

In Burma Ports at Rangoon and a few airfields that were needed.

Sino-some airfields that are needed.

And a WIP for pto and Rising Sun.

I don't know how to put them in the Global Layer though.

Talon
July 11th, 2013, 13:58

You poor boy. Do you expect everyone to do the work for you?Mission building is easy if you take the time to learn it.

Most people that do these addons do it because they enjoy it and pass it on to others. You should be grateful for that. A post like you just put up Demanding things be done just turns people off to continuing their work.One reason I have stopped a lot of things that I do is because of people like you.

dasgoot2002
July 11th, 2013, 14:42
You poor boy.Do you expect everyone to do the work for you?Mission building is easy if you take the time to learn it.Most people that do these addons do it because they enjoy it and pass it on to others.You should be grateful for that.A post like you just put up Demanding things be done just turns people off to continuing their work.One reason I have stopped alot of things that I do is because of people like you.Your just another person who is giving up on everything and everyone in here whining that people want more there so many talented people here and if u say i was demanding huh i wanted to know if anything going w it as i see u bein rude and out of line other people here gave answers i neededand u go on and give up on it all then ! "To All who didnt give up and stopped much needed things we crave new stuff Great job"

tenspeed
July 11th, 2013, 14:50
You poor boy.Do you expect everyone to do the work for you?Mission building is easy if you take the time to learn it.

Most people that do these addons do it because they enjoy it and pass it on to others.You should be grateful for that.A post like you just put up Demanding things be done just turns people off to continuing their work.One reason I have stopped alot of things that I do is because of people like you.

Didn't someone just upload a Mission Building Tutorial?

Oh yeah, here it is. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=159&linkid=16705

And yes, it is easy.

Dean

rbp71854
July 11th, 2013, 14:58

At some point we tend to reach burnout and need a break. Don't know if in the future will return to theater development work. Presently am tweaking other things which my children and grandchildren are interested in.
:)

Cheers

Bob

Rami
July 11th, 2013, 15:26

Dasgoot2002,

As a senior administrator, I respect your need to vent or provide encouragement, but this is not the way to do it. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. :pop4:

Rami
July 11th, 2013, 15:28
You poor boy. Do you expect everyone to do the work for you?Mission building is easy if you take the time to learn it.

Most people that do these addons do it because they enjoy it and pass it on to others. You should be grateful for that. A post like you just put up Demanding things be done just turns people off to continuing their work.One reason I have stopped a lot of things that I do is because of people like you.

Al, this is a good point, but people need to also pass on their knowledge. Saying it this way is like throwing gas on a fire. Diplomacy can be a wonderful tool in situations like this.

Talon
July 11th, 2013, 15:33
Al, this is a good point, but people need to also pass on their knowledge. Saying it this way is like throwing gas on a fire. Diplomacy can be a wonderful tool in situations like this.

You know I'm no Diplomat.

Capt. Winters
July 11th, 2013, 16:08
Hi Bob,

Glad to see you here, nice group mate. your AR have optics or iron sights? would love to be able to own something like that here in Australia.

Back on topic, Rising Sun, Its slowed down a bit but work is still being done. There's people building all sorts of things For CFS3 Aircraft, Ships, effects etc that could be incorporated into an RS install by individual's. Theres nothing stopping someone from getting permissions from each items creator and building a small patch for others to use, etc. this is a community activity not a set of dev's activity. Was supposed to be like Kevin Costner's line "Build it and they will come" well we havent had a base ball team yet but we're getting there.

Regards Rob.

rbp71854
July 11th, 2013, 16:38
Hi Bob,

Glad to see you here, nice group mate. your AR have optics or iron sights? would love to be able to own something like that here in Australia.

Back on topic, Rising Sun, Its slowed down a bit but work is still being done. There's people building all sorts of things For CFS3 Aircraft, Ships, effects etc that could be incorporated into an RS install by individual's. Theres nothing stopping someone from getting permissions from each items creator and building a small patch for others to use, etc. this is a community activity not a set of dev's activity. Was supposed to be like Kevin Costner's line "Build it and they will come" well we havent had a base ball team yet but we're getting there.

Regards Rob.

Hey Rob

The rifle optics are a 3x9 weaver zombie. I was doing an 8 different types of ammo comparison today. Looking for the best grouping and reliability with no FTEs or FTCs. Will change the trigger to a 2-stage Geissele next week to help minimize the operator induced flyers. Been getting the same type of groupings at 50 yds. Have a match with my son and daughter next month and can't have the kiddies outdo the old man.

Yes, yes the intent was to welcome submissions have all manner of folks work on adding items to RS.

Cheers

Bob

HouseHobbit
July 11th, 2013, 18:32
I also got a new computer and haven't set everything up yet for Rusing Sun.

This is what I still have on my external drive for when I get everything back up.

I've made a template fot areas in the Risng Sun.

Port Morseby- Port facilities and oil tanks and various other things.

Canton-Port facilities,factories and Oil tanks and rifinery.

The same with Hong Kong.

In Burma Ports at Rangoon and a few airfields that were needed.

Sino-some airfields that are needed.

And a WIP for pto and Rising Sun.

Master Talon, grateful to see your building for this..
looking forward to your Great works..
Thanks..
And There is much rejoicing..

**Sent the Team two sets of missions total of 34 in the 2 sets for Rising Sun**

And all are welcome to dance in The Rising Sun....
Oh yea!
:greenbo: :sheep::sheep:

gosd
July 11th, 2013, 19:15
Happy to see you on board Talon, really like the quality of your work.:salute:

Capt. Winters
July 11th, 2013, 19:59
Hey Rob

The rifle optics are a 3x9 weaver zombie. I was doing an 8 different types of ammo comparison today. Looking for the best grouping and reliability with no FTEs or FTCs. Will change the trigger to a 2-stage Geissele next week to help minimize the operator induced flyers. Been getting the same type of groupings at 50 yds. Have a match with my son and daughter next month and can't have the kiddies outdo the old man.

Yes, yes the intent was to welcome submissions have all manner of folks work on adding items to RS.

Cheers

Bob

Sorry folks hi-jacking for a bit :)

Hi Bob,

Sounds great, the FTE (failure to eject for the unknowing) is this a function of low gass presure or an exstraction claw problem with bases of certain ammo types? I have some 22mag ammo that will just not exstact out of a lever gun I have, but any other brand is just fine. Yes agree 2-stage is a great improvement. I'm building up a 308 for longer distance work, on a savage 110 setup, my goal is 1-MOA out to 800m then I just need to start a club that shoots that far LOL. Good luck with your comp, is it straight target or a semi-tactical style event with differing ranges engaged in the same stage.

keep in touch, maybe we should start a OT thread for other big boy toys.

regards Rob.

Talon
July 11th, 2013, 20:05
I took a break from mission building for about a year.I've been doing it for over 10 years starting with CFS2 and moving into CFS3.

I do have a bunch of Historical AVG missions and plan to do more.I also have some CATF mission which the AVG became after July 4,1942 and lasted to March 1943.There record was almost as impessive as the AVG.

The Corsair I put pics up of is for somethings I plan for PTO.Talking to Capt.Winters today it should be finished soon..As time allows I plan on a USMC Aces mission pack for PTO starting August 1942 until about July 1943.I also have done research on USAAF P-40s flying from Guadalcanal and plan on a mission pack for them and P-38's. I don't turn out missions very fast because of the research I do so please be patient.

Pat Pattle
July 11th, 2013, 20:51

I can lend a hand with that Al, I'll put together a tutorial if you like?

rbp71854
July 12th, 2013, 00:57
Yes shouldn't hijack this thread, so I will try to make my answer brief. :) Anything further then this should probably be via yahoo or skype.

In my case I am getting intermitant stove pipes with a particular low velocity ammo. All others tested were fine. The rifle is a blowback type rather than a gas tube or piston type operation. Items which could be affecting operation may be weight of buffer and strength of buffer spring, or the extractor. Then you can add in the variable of not enough energy to force the bolt back in random cartridges by design or through poor quality control.

In your case with the lever action it could very well be the extractor or minor differences in the cartridge case which are causing the FTE. May be with that particular brand the case after firing is not shrinking back to a size that the extractor can pull from the chamber. Could mic the spent case and check. If a cheap extractor is available you could do a swap and see if that fixes the problem. The best solution might very well be to not use that particular brand of ammo, which is probably what I may have to do in my case.

Just to clarify a couple of things. The optics on the .22 is a Barska 3X9, my 9mm ar-15 has the 1.5x6 weaver zombie scope. (Drag it is getting old.) The match is a family affair and grudge match between brother and sister. chuckle. Of course I have to get involved as well and we will be hitting paper and metal targets.

cheers

Bob

Sorry folks hi-jacking for a bit :)

Hi Bob,

Sounds great, the FTE (failure to eject for the unknowing) is this a function of low gass presure or an exstraction claw problem with bases of certain ammo types? I have some 22mag ammo that will just not exstact out of a lever gun I have, but any other brand is just fine. Yes agree 2-stage is a great improvement. I'm building up a 308 for longer distance work, on a savage 110 setup, my goal is 1-MOA out to 800m then I just need to start a club that shoots that far LOL. Good luck with your comp, is it straight target or a semi-tactical style event with differing ranges engaged in the same stage.

keep in touch, maybe we should start a OT thread for other big boy toys.

regards Rob.

Threedp
July 12th, 2013, 06:14
Referring to the initial sentiment of this thread, I can honestly say that I'm sympathetic to all views, having had a hand in modding Fighter Squadron - The Screamin' Demons Over Europe for nearly a decade.

Understanding the fading interest as new things come along over the years, I'd settle for a way to reliably and easily install Rising Sun. Despite following the varied instructions (video differs from written), I have yet to ever get a satisfactory install on my Win 7 64-bit setup.

I once got it so a theater or two worked, but that was it. :-(

gaw
July 12th, 2013, 16:06
HOBBIT....keep the faith!!! Gotta say, one of my most enduring challenges over the years has been trying to make your missions work.....facilities, loadouts, missing xdp's.....it was endlessly fascinating ferreting out the missing parts....but you've become a master of your trade....and the last dozen or so mission sets you've authored came with such explicit instructions and download links that it's almost a dissappointment when there's no "mission failed to load" banner anymore. How's that for a backhanded compliment? This is a slantendicular way of saying that my no doubt faulty impression is that while no work seems to be done on these marvelous mods. There is....it's just a lot slower and probably less often shared because we're all older and slower. Savor the jewels we're given. Thanks to all you mod makers!!!

HouseHobbit
July 12th, 2013, 20:13
HOBBIT....keep the faith!!! Gotta say, one of my most enduring challenges over the years has been trying to make your missions work.....facilities, loadouts, missing xdp's.....it was endlessly fascinating ferreting out the missing parts....but you've become a master of your trade....and the last dozen or so mission sets you've authored came with such explicit instructions and download links that it's almost a dissappointment when there's no "mission failed to load" banner anymore. How's that for a backhanded compliment? This is a slantendicular way of saying that my no doubt faulty impression is that while no work seems to be done on these marvelous mods. There is....it's just a lot slower and probably less often shared because we're all older and slower. Savor the jewels we're given. Thanks to all you mod makers!!!

Thank you Very much.. I am trying to improve as I do this..

Glad I am finally getting some of this right for all.
I truly mean this..

Have managed to remember to keep a stock set up for the various Expansions now.
And this makes a big difference..

I will keep on giving back to all who have so richly blessed me..
Thanks to ALL the Masters who keep this alive and progressing..
Having fun too..
Oh yea!