PDA

View Full Version : Catapult launch woes... need some help folks.

Firekitten
July 10th, 2013, 16:13
I need some help guys... I've been trying to install the RCBCO-30 catapult launch and arrest gauge system to several aircraft... namely the new Walrus for ship launches... to test too, I tried the default f18. For some reason its not functioning as described. I've tried over and over to scan the instructions and find the fault, but I can't spot anything, neither aircraft arrested, or cat launched, they did release the park break at full throttle, but it didn't launch,

Also, when the 'launch' thing happened, the planes both got stuck at different speeds and wouldn't slow down, engine off or not, (190ish for the f18, 62 for the walrus)

Any thoughts? what have i done wrong? (naval noob)
thanks guys
Rachael

PutPut
July 10th, 2013, 18:49
I am not sure if Rob is back from his vacation in Italy; if he is he will pick up on this. I have used all his carrier ops gauges since rcbco-11 and they always worked except for some errors of my own(:redface:). The rcbco-30 gauges are installed somewhat differently than the earlier versions. All I can suggest is to print out his excellent instructions and follow them. The first time I tried the -30 gauges I wound up with performance similar to what you described. I hadn't read the instructions and added the cat and landing gauge to the panel .cfg just like the earlier versions. That's a no-no. Simply the rcbco-30 gauges folder goes in the Gauges folder of FSX. There are several things to add to the panel .cfg file which can easily be copied and pasted from from the instructions.

Best, Paul

Firekitten
July 11th, 2013, 01:04
Thanks Paul... See I did that... I followed the instructions, I'll do as you suggest and see if I can find a misread word or something, but I did add the 3 entries, the vc entry etc.

For some reason the aircraft doesn't recognise me putting a tailhook entry in for her, related perhaps?

Daube
July 11th, 2013, 01:10
You mentionned the "default F-18", so I suppose you have Acceleration.
Doesn't the RCBO gauge create a conflict with the native arrestor cables and catapult systems of the sim ?

Firekitten
July 11th, 2013, 01:14
you know, I asked myself that question, but I was at an airport without, utilising global mode on the gauge, it shouldn't have conflicted, but its a possibility... I'm going to try it on my main pc without acceleration later to see if I get the same results.

PutPut
July 11th, 2013, 07:32
It is not obvious if there is a conflict; I have landed my rcbco-30 equiped Vought SBU-1 many times on the Acceleration equiped Stennis with no problems. I admit I don't remember what happens on the catapult.

Best, Paul

PS: Rachael, if all else fails send me the panel.cfg file you are using. What plane are you struggling with? email: p.pandj@verizon.net Don't click on it just use as addy in your email

Firekitten
July 11th, 2013, 07:54
I'm using Dave Molyneaux's Walrus (Trying to sling the old bat off a cruiser) Just working now but I'll sling the panel.cfg over to you later, thanks :)

Btw, the n1 value needed for launch, thats just a percentage of thrust in sim terms yes? its not going to matter that its a piston bird rather than turbojet/prop right?