PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best Scenery Ever Produced for FS

IanHenry
July 10th, 2013, 10:48
EarthSimulations forthcoming scenery for the Isle of Man. I think it's got to be the most accurate created for FSX, take a look at the screen shots and see what you think, it's absolutely stunning.

http://earthsimulations.org.uk/ES-Store/product/isle-of-man-best-customer-deal/#lightbox[set_1]/17/

Ian.

Bomber_12th
July 10th, 2013, 10:57
Thank you for the link, Ian! I just remembered receiving an e-mail from them about the early private release of this scenery for valued customers a week or two back. They're my absolute favorite payware scenery developer - everything they make I've ended up purchasing. Purchased and downloading this scenery now... ; )

MCDesigns
July 10th, 2013, 11:58
I got the email also. I agree, the way they design scenery should be the standard, love quality photoreal with autogen and custom objects.

heywooood
July 10th, 2013, 13:23
12 GIGS....

How many GIGS for the western US I wonder...
I'm gonna need a bigger boat

stiz
July 10th, 2013, 13:38
now thats just flipping gorgeous!

greenie
July 10th, 2013, 16:42
Superb scenery without doubt but , to me , impracticle .

At about $55 and 12 gb it can only be used in isolated cases like these islands that Earth Simulations create

I cant imagine how much space is required or how much money would be needed to do something like the USA.

I have the Scilly Isles , its nice to own, but it feels like novelty value because I know the rest of the sim can't be like this . Shame really.

Wittpilot
July 10th, 2013, 17:01
I still think that the most impressive scenery created for FS so far has to be that of Flightzone... I base that on my experience with the visual result vs. shear performance. Some of Orbx's stuff is close, but I think falls just short in the performance aspect. Most folks could run the Flightzone scenery on mid range PC's and have great results... There two products were fairly amazing, the only thing more amazing was how quickly the company disappeared!!!!!!!!!

Come Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-witt

MCDesigns
July 10th, 2013, 17:44
I still think that the most impressive scenery created for FS so far has to be that of Flightzone... I base that on my experience with the visual result vs. shear performance. Some of Orbx's stuff is close, but I think falls just short in the performance aspect. Most folks could run the Flightzone scenery on mid range PC's and have great results... There two products were fairly amazing, the only thing more amazing was how quickly the company disappeared!!!!!!!!!

Come Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-witt

I agree that Flightzone was one of the best for FS9. As for coming back, lets just say that they would get none of my money or support for the vanishing act they pulled, regardless of quality of scenery.

As far as the Isle of man being impractical, very valid point. I have 4 TBs of photoreal scenery, some bought and much made myself, so I understand, but I find this type of scenery much more satisfying than any other. Luckily HDs are cheaper these days, LOL.

IanHenry
July 10th, 2013, 23:49
Superb scenery without doubt but , to me , impracticle .

At about $55 and 12 gb it can only be used in isolated cases like these islands that Earth Simulations create

I cant imagine how much space is required or how much money would be needed to do something like the USA.

I have the Scilly Isles , its nice to own, but it feels like novelty value because I know the rest of the sim can't be like this . Shame really.

Ha, considering how long it takes to produce a small area like the Isle of Man, and that Darren and Vikki are just a husband & wife team, I doubt they will be tackling the whole of the United States in the foreseeable future! That might be a big ask. Their small areas are a joy though.

Ian.

rgatkinson
July 11th, 2013, 03:45
I also got the early access email. The scenery is, without doubt, very impressive and with the Isle of Man being just off the coast relative to where I live it is very tempting but... at £34.99 I find it hard to justify such a purchase. So, I think I'll have to bide my time and hope for a future discounted sale.

Taff

MCDesigns
July 11th, 2013, 10:34
Ha, considering how long it takes to produce a small area like the Isle of Man, and that Darren and Vikki are just a husband & wife team, I doubt they will be tackling the whole of the United States in the foreseeable future! That might be a big ask. Their small areas are a joy though.

Ian.

Agreed, there is a whole lot of work that goes into making a scenery with this kind of detail, no matter the size. It's sad that simmers seem to equate value with size instead of amount of work involved, probably because they don't know the amount of work involved.

italoc
July 12th, 2013, 06:44
I also got the early access email. The scenery is, without doubt, very impressive and with the Isle of Man being just off the coast relative to where I live it is very tempting but... at £34.99 I find it hard to justify such a purchase. So, I think I'll have to bide my time and hope for a future discounted sale.

Taff

Same with me, :icon_eek: !!!
Italo

dvj
July 12th, 2013, 06:56
I thought it was flight simulation not scenery simulation. :icon_lol: This is a very fine piece of work. But not my cup of tea.

IanHenry
July 12th, 2013, 07:34
I thought it was flight simulation not scenery simulation. :icon_lol: This is a very fine piece of work. But not my cup of tea.

The answers simple, don't buy it then!

Ian.

dvj
July 13th, 2013, 08:17
The answers simple, don't buy it then!

Ian.

After seeing Bomber's screen shots, I took the plunge and bought it. No regrets. Quite stunning really. I still think that ORBX FTX Cairns has the best city landscape and region, but ES IOM best for overall topography and variety of details in the landscape. Now I need to read the history behind that unique looking flag. :salute:

IanHenry
July 13th, 2013, 11:57
After seeing Bomber's screen shots, I took the plunge and bought it. No regrets. Quite stunning really. I still think that ORBX FTX Cairns has the best city landscape and region, but ES IOM best for overall topography and variety of details in the landscape. Now I need to read the history behind that unique looking flag. :salute:

You won't regret it. Research the Isle of Man TT races and Manx cats whilst you are at it!

Ian.