PDA

View Full Version : New MFS Gold Acceleration install

jbtate
January 12th, 2009, 22:02
Recently loaded FSX Gold package but haven't yet loaded the Accelerator disc. Are there any problems with keyboard commands?
Hopefully the Kneeboard keys are adjusted with the Accelerator install?
Noticed that FSX Accelerator includes DirectX 10; does that affect any of the previous CFS simulator installations?
Guess I'll install it.
Had a cool moment with FSX when flying toward a return course at twilight and saw the local terminal light that I used to see flashing overhead when I was a kid, in less polluted light skys. Though of application. Of and of ...
jbtate

jbtate
January 13th, 2009, 02:25
Flew MS FSX with Accelerator installed to a nearby airport during a nighttime Free Flight.
Flew MS CFS sims with no problems as of yet.
jbtate

harleyman
January 13th, 2009, 04:47
I guess you discovered that during the Acceleration install you have to accept the new keyboard commands.. They are for arrestor hook actions and boom actions and such...

DX10 can and will mess with non FSX made planes ..But the work around for that is to just uncheck DX10 to fly them..That is why you will see so many folks just use pure FSX models ....

jbtate
January 13th, 2009, 12:32
harleyman,
I found a box to check or uncheck in

Settings/Customize/Preview DirectX 10.

Is that the option mentioned?
It was unchecked -- is that just a leftover option from the pre - Acceleration install or should I check/uncheck it?
I haven't had any problems as of yet with DX10 in some brief flight time with FSX Acceleration and the CFS sims, but thought I'd ask.
I realize this may be old hat, but it's my hat at the moment ...
Thanks,
jbtate

harleyman
January 13th, 2009, 13:49
That is the box.........

DX10 comes with vista,and all drivers these days support it.....

But in FSX you need to check the *Preview* box for it to run in DX10 ...

You are lucky so far that you have seen no wierdness..If you ever do just uncheck the box....

DX10 on some machines brings it to its knees....Other systems run it just fine even with bloom on...

There is a reason that Microsoft calls it a *Preview* as in its not perfected completely for FSX yet....LOL