PDA

View Full Version : FSX R3350 Soundsets for Connie and DC-7

keith777
July 9th, 2013, 14:37
I just posted R3350 sound sets for both Super Connie/Starliner and Douglas DC-7/DC-7C on Flightsim and SimOuthouse. Let me know what ya'll think.

:santahat:

Keith

ColoKent
July 9th, 2013, 19:46
...if someone would just do a high quality (ala MilViz or A2A) native FSX P2V-7 in all her ASW glory, with honest-to-god hybrid power (J-34s), I could use these sounds and die 1/4 happy (it would also take a T-33, Fokker F27, and F-4E to MilViz standard for me to die completely happy!).

Kent

keith777
July 10th, 2013, 09:19
I just want a real P2V-7. I would put a Garmin open array ship radar in the belly pod. I will bet it would fit a 4ft one. A Garmin gwx-70 weather radar out on the wingtip. Hook up a computer to read and plot the madi probe data. Garmin G600 flight deck with custom engine monitors, Garmin gnt750 radio/gps. Yeah, then go sailing in it. I could be the Steve Zissou of the air. lol.

.......Oh you want one for FSX. lol.....Yeah I need to read about hybrid code more first, but i will bet it's do-able. A J85 or CJ610 would be a good and easily obtainable sample for the J34.

I already have the engines done for a Neptune. I just need the jets and figure out how to make it work.

You know R3350 PRT engines last forever on a Neptune due to the jet take off power. Both the military and forestry service limits takeoff power to METO on the R3350-30W's. I think it's 46 inches and 2700 RPM if memory serves me correctly.

Before you ask....Steve Zissou is Bill Murray's character in the life aquatic....He's a washed up, lonely, depressed and dysfuctional version of Jacques Cousteau.

...if someone would just do a high quality (ala MilViz or A2A) native FSX P2V-7 in all her ASW glory, with honest-to-god hybrid power (J-34s), I could use these sounds and die 1/4 happy (it would also take a T-33, Fokker F27, and F-4E to MilViz standard for me to die completely happy!).

Kent

ColoKent
July 10th, 2013, 17:25
Wow...you are building a P2V-7???

Kent

Ian Warren
July 10th, 2013, 17:41

Kent

Now Mr Wayne Mutza has one superb book on the Neptune , that would be of heck off an exciting model :cool:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

keith777
July 11th, 2013, 08:54
Yes , just shortly after my ship comes in....lol..... Just fantasizing really. You know the off the shelf radars and etc that you can buy today are about 100 times more accurate and about as strong as what was on them originally. They weigh about a 10th of what the original stuff weighed.

Wow...you are building a P2V-7???

Kent