PDA

View Full Version : A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List

Paul Domingue
July 9th, 2013, 12:01
I am working on several aircraft models and some are primarily for the purpose of learning spline modeling techniques. I have not been able to get enthusiastic about any of them. I thought that I would ask the SOH community what aircraft they would like to see go into development for FSX as freeware. Maybe this would stimulate my modeling appetite. I would very much like to hear from all of you on this subject but with the caveat that it must be military or used in some capacity by the military and is no longer in service.

Let the poll begin,

Paul

Walter
July 9th, 2013, 12:05
As one of my favorite aircraft, I would like to see a Boulton-Paul Defiant for FSX. Nobody has made one as of now.

Cheers!

- Walter

Mach3DS
July 9th, 2013, 12:11
No Payware will touch this, as it's not going to be a huge seller, but I've been wishing for one for ages! :) It's got some great shapes to get right, which would give LOTS of practice! I wouldn't even care if it were not mated with a VC, I could solve that easy enough. as well as the FDE...In fact a friend of mine would love the chance as modeling the FDE.

http://www.456fis.org/X-PLANES-3/USAF_X32A_cdp_boe_ctolcv_002%5B1%5D.jpg

Roger
July 9th, 2013, 12:20
I'd love to see an FsX Chipmunk:jump:

kilo delta
July 9th, 2013, 12:25

+1

As much as I love Rick Piper's fs2004 offering, a native model would be icing on the cake :)

Firekitten
July 9th, 2013, 12:37
Either an fsx native c207, or more importantly... a decent C119...

heywooood
July 9th, 2013, 12:48
Noorduyn Norseman

rdaniell
July 9th, 2013, 12:49
Put me down for a Cessna T-37 "Tweety Bird."

RD

heywooood
July 9th, 2013, 12:51
Bristol Bulldog

heywooood
July 9th, 2013, 12:54
any military - any era ?

TheGrunt
July 9th, 2013, 12:58
Ryan FR Fireball would be nice, but don't know if SDK supports two different type of engines on the same plane. If it does, Fireball would probably be a fun and interesting project. Fireball is IMO very underrated and forgotten aircraft. It was nonethless USN's first jet engined aircraft, even though its operational history was short :wiggle:

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceout.gifhttp://farm7.static.flickr.com/6204/6042561049_e53fc1469a.jpg

FSX68
July 9th, 2013, 13:19

Naismith
July 9th, 2013, 13:22
Noorduyn Norseman
Seconded!

Naismith
July 9th, 2013, 13:24
Or a Canuck - there was a great one years ago (FS2000?) but its way past its sell by date now. ???

Bradburger
July 9th, 2013, 13:27
A nicely done & accurate native Hawker Hurricane IIa, b, & c, (or all marks!) is what I'd like for FSX. :jump:

And like Roger, a native Chipmunk wouldn't go amiss either, nor would a BP Defiant (good choice Walter).

Cheers

Paul

Butcherbird17
July 9th, 2013, 13:28
All the above would be nice. But we need some Japanese a/c like the A6M Zero (there is a payware version), Ki 43, Ki 61. Or an F4u1 Birdcage Corsair. Heck it don't have to be a player flyable version.
I'll take some low poly AI versions to populate the Solomon43 scenery. Would be nice to be out on
patrol over the slot and tangle with a couple zero's then to meet up with a Cessna or Mooney.:icon_lol:
That's my wish/dream.

Joe

Ferry_vO
July 9th, 2013, 13:33
Paul, I find the best Fs aircraft out there (Free and payware) are usually a labor of love, and without that it is very hard to spend a lot of time on a model. Now I can make a thousand suggestions but since you will have to do all of the work only you can pick that one special aircraft that you really want to do. And whatever you decide, I'm sure we'll be happy with it.

SeanTK
July 9th, 2013, 13:45
My vote is for something unusual...

Kaman HH-43 Huskie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaman_HH-43_Huskie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/my_public_domain_photos/4614675829/lightbox/

Firekitten
July 9th, 2013, 13:47
Actually... a defiant would be good.

And no, fsx can't support two different engine types.

Rubberlegs
July 9th, 2013, 13:57
I am working on several aircraft models and some are primarily for the purpose of learning spline modeling techniques. I have not been able to get enthusiastic about any of them. I thought that I would ask the SOH community what aircraft they would like to see go into development for FSX as freeware. Maybe this would stimulate my modeling appetite. I would very much like to hear from all of you on this subject but with the caveat that it must be military or used in some capacity by the military and is no longer in service.

Let the poll begin,

Paul

.................................................. .................................................
Hey Paul.!....I'm really not all that fussy..so whatever you decide to make will be just grand....... providing of course it comes out looking like a "YAK-28 BREWER"..! Ha !

Geomitrak
July 9th, 2013, 13:59

Let the poll begin,

Paul

Paul, for me, a C-119 or C-46 would be very welcome. However, surely you need to think about which aircraft you yourself are interested in, before considering other people's wishes, don't you ? You would need that motivation to keep going through the long process of producing a model.

And I just know you are hugely interested in ... the C-119 and the C-46 ! :icon_lol:

aeronca1
July 9th, 2013, 14:03

If it includes the Canadian bubble canopy version, then +5 to this request!

SADT
July 9th, 2013, 14:08
As one of my favorite aircraft, I would like to see a Boulton-Paul Defiant for FSX. Nobody has made one as of now.

Cheers!

- Walter

That would be a +2 (Walter, Firekitten, myself) on the B-P Defiant - a very interesting aircraft indeed!!

Craig.

trucker17
July 9th, 2013, 14:13

Let the poll begin,

Paul

Every aircraft is a labor of love to the person who is working on it.......
Yes their are many out here for us to use, and many, many more that have not or never made.....
Find an aircraft that is important to you, or has special meaning to you.....even if it is one that is available now. We are always looking for more and better aircraft to fly.....
My Vote would be for a better version of one of these 2 aircraft......
The Brewster Buffalo, or even the Australian Boomerang.....
Or even a real nice version of the SPAD XII.....

Matt Wynn
July 9th, 2013, 14:31
That would be a +2 (Walter, Firekitten, myself) on the B-P Defiant - a very interesting aircraft indeed!!

Craig.

make that +3 :icon_lol:...

love the Defiant, nice lines, plus a turret for self defence... :jump:

Dain Arns
July 9th, 2013, 14:42
My vote is for something unusual...

Kaman HH-43 Huskie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaman_HH-43_Huskie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/my_public_domain_photos/4614675829/lightbox/

Yes.

Add the single seat Kaman K-Max to that request as well, please.

TuFun
July 9th, 2013, 14:49
Something to go along with your Duck! "Grumman F3F-2 Barrel" or a Curtiss P-6E Hawk!

89958 89974

OleBoy
July 9th, 2013, 15:09
Not meant to misdirect the topic, although Paul did say "aircraft"

I've thunk (?) what my next model may be when I get finished with my current.

The Kaman K-Max I'd considered mainly for the creation challenge. I know nothing about systems. So others of knowledge would be needed as/to create a team to see the project to fruition.
Also, resource searches (on my part) didn't come up with much to go by aside from small 3-views and not-so great images. Documentation is a must have (for me) to even consider it.

SeanTK
July 9th, 2013, 15:19
Not meant to misdirect the topic, although Paul did say "aircraft"

I've thunk (?) what my next model may be when I get finished with my current.

The Kaman K-Max I'd considered mainly for the creation challenge. I know nothing about systems. So others of knowledge would be needed as/to create a team to see the project to fruition.
Also, resource searches (on my part) didn't come up with much to go by aside from small 3-views and not-so great images. Documentation is a must have (for me) to even consider it.

The K-Max flight manual is available for free online through the company, and I'm willing to bet they'd provide you with additional info if you reached out to them! :)
http://www.kaman.com/files/file/PDFs/Helicopter%20PDFs/KMAX_Flight_Manual.pdf

mmann
July 9th, 2013, 15:40
Noorduyn Norseman

+3 for the Norseman.

OleBoy
July 9th, 2013, 15:42
To keep to the OT, let's do any correspondence in another or by PM.:salute:

WarHorse47
July 9th, 2013, 15:51
How 'bout a Yak-3 or Yak-9??

fsxar177
July 9th, 2013, 16:15
How 'bout a Yak-3 or Yak-9??

I'll add an amen to that, even a 3UR, or -11 would be sweet also.

TeaSea
July 9th, 2013, 16:24
C-119 Fairchild.....I know there is one, but it's a bit "aged" and we could use a re-worked model.

Kevin Derby
July 9th, 2013, 16:41
......Boeing B-17D Swoose please Sir.:salute:

b52bob
July 9th, 2013, 17:12
KC-135a or a B-47.

Otherwise T-37 tweetybird

skyhawka4m
July 9th, 2013, 17:14
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/01/images/profile_iar80_01.jpg

ThinkingManNeil
July 9th, 2013, 17:21
The Canadian bubble-topped Chipmunk has my vote. A Cessna T-50/UC-78 Bobcat/Crane would be nice, too.

N.

Mach3DS
July 9th, 2013, 17:43
Something to go along with your Duck! "Grumman F3F-2 Barrel"

Ok, if not an X-32, than I'll second the F3F-2!!! :D

SADT
July 9th, 2013, 17:46
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/01/images/profile_iar80_01.jpg

Hi Skyhawka4m,

What type of aircraft is that? Some Pre-WWII Belgian type?

Craig.

jonraptor
July 9th, 2013, 17:47
I'd like to see a Nanchang Cj-6....I'm no modeler but I've been playing with the idea of creating one myself.

jessie r.
July 9th, 2013, 17:56
I'd love to see anything from Kaman either the Husky or Kmax would be great

Daveroo
July 9th, 2013, 18:49
the Norseman or a Cariboo

Stefano Zibell
July 9th, 2013, 23:06
the Norseman or a Cariboo

Plus one on the caribou or buffalo.

maikchaos
July 10th, 2013, 00:59
Would be amazing :applause:

http://www10.pic-upload.de/10.07.13/pfdw1vnc53mq.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-20007426/t_37a.jpg.html)

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2013, 01:20
Hi Skyhawka4m,

What type of aircraft is that? Some Pre-WWII Belgian type?

Craig.

IAR-80 from Romania.

:)

dhasdell
July 10th, 2013, 01:37
love the Defiant, nice lines, plus a turret for self defence

Actually the turret was for offence. That was one of the main weaknesses of the Defiant: no forward firing armament at all, plus a turret and second crewman being lugged around by the same engine as the Hurricane, which added nothing to the manoeuvrability.

TheGrunt
July 10th, 2013, 01:49
Actually the turret was for offence. That was one of the main weaknesses of the Defiant: no forward firing armament at all, plus a turret and second crewman being lugged around by the same engine as the Hurricane, which added nothing to the manoeuvrability.

Yeah. Turret added weight and drag tremendously. Defiant succeeded a few times at first, mainly because german fighters at first mistakenly identified it as a Hurricane and attacked it from behind straight into the bullet storm of four .303s. After that for its inteded role, it was a disaster.

Still, Defiant was later on quite succesful as a night fighter before Mosquitos and Beaufighters replaced it. It had enough speed advantage over bombers and due to turret it could position itself quite freely related to the target and tail, head on or difficult deflection attacks weren't required. Interesting plane and wuould indeed be a nice model for the sim :wiggle:

jankees
July 10th, 2013, 02:07
A Norseman would be nice, but so would a C-46...

dhazelgrove
July 10th, 2013, 02:49
I'd love a Lightning T5, strangely enough.

Dave

Bjoern
July 10th, 2013, 05:18
If you've got no better ideas, I suggest a Mixmaster/Jetmaster.

Otherwise I'd do one someday.

mgchrist5
July 10th, 2013, 05:33
F-82 Twin Mustang

We're awash with P-51 Mustangs in FS....but the Twin variant seems to get no love!

delta_lima
July 10th, 2013, 09:30
My military bucket list ...

Transport: Lockheed Lockheed Jetstar. I consider it truly a sad waste the FSD model never got released. Yes, used by the NASA and USAF ... :)

UK Military: Seafire FR.47

US Military: North American FJ Fury. -2/-3/-4 - wouldn't matter which. Douglas D5D Skylancer.

USSR: Yake-28R Brewer

Other: Northrop M2F3 Lifting body

Even if only exterior models were available, and one needed to bolt on another native VC from a similar model - I'd be happy. For example, owners of the Milviz Sabre VC could employ it for the Fury - not perfect, but better than nothing ... No breach of IP, just a few tweaks to a few cfgs ....

DL

ThinkingManNeil
July 10th, 2013, 09:41
I like DL's mention of the M2-F3, so I'll mention my personal preference, the M2-F3's Northrop stablemate, the HL-10...

N.

Dumonceau
July 10th, 2013, 09:44
A Fairey Battle would be nice, but so would a Miles Magister, an SV-4 Bis and above all, a Spitfire Mk.16!

Montie
July 10th, 2013, 10:05
A Boeing X-32, a F-101 Voodoo or a F/A-18G Growler is something I would like to see:salute:

trucker17
July 10th, 2013, 10:20
Something to go along with your Duck! "Grumman F3F-2 Barrel" or a Curtiss P-6E Hawk!

89958 89974

I'll second the Curtiss P-6E Hawk......
The one available now is nice but it does not do it justice.....

Paul Domingue
July 10th, 2013, 15:22
I have been monitoring the thread and reading every post. I am compiling everything in a spreadsheet with vote counts. So far some of the aircraft with multiple votes are some I have been considering and this is stimulating my appetite. There have been some suggestions that I had not thought about and find quite intriguing.

To those whom have suggested them, I need to add fixed wing only. That is because I can't fly a helo to save my life. :frown:

No X planes please. The aircraft must have served in a military capacity and is no longer in service by the military. My reasoning behind this is that it is probably easier to find reference material on obsolete aircraft. Any nationality is OK and any era aircraft.

I have considered a few of the hybrid jet/prop combos but it would be to difficult to do this in FSX without external programming.

It has been mentioned that I would need to have a particular fondness for the aircraft and anything I make would be welcome. To that I say that I have a fondness for all aircraft and I would like to make something that my SOH brothers and sisters would like to have in their hanger as well as myself.

I'm going to wait until the thread wears out then I will post the results. Please keep up the suggestions and votes for those that have been suggested.

To simplify things I have only taken the first suggestion from posts with multiple suggestions as I think the first one is the posters true desire, so please suggest one aircraft or vote for one already suggested.

This is turning out very nice indeed.

Paul

heywooood
July 10th, 2013, 17:17
Paul - I really appreciate you taking the time and care to consider making a fan favorite aircraft for the SOH natives - much appreciated

As much as I would like to see the Norseman in FSX and done to your well qualified standards..TuFun reminds me of the F3F-2 (or any) Grumman Flying Barrel
probably the most important Grumman aircraft or any aircraft in US history for that matter, having been the predecessor to the Wildcat, Hellcat and every other 'cat ever since....

Someone needs to build that tribute to Roy for FSX someday - :kilroy:

voyager
July 10th, 2013, 19:17
A Grumman F3F-2 would be nice

voyager

TuFun
July 10th, 2013, 19:34
Paul - I really appreciate you taking the time and care to consider making a fan favorite aircraft for the SOH natives - much appreciated

As much as I would like to see the Norseman in FSX and done to your well qualified standards..TuFun reminds me of the F3F-2 (or any) Grumman Flying Barrel
probably the most important Grumman aircraft or any aircraft in US history for that matter, having been the predecessor to the Wildcat, Hellcat and every other 'cat ever since....

Someone needs to build that tribute to Roy for FSX someday - :kilroy:

I posed this to Paul's when he was doing the Duck and mentioned the F3F-2 had a lot of similarities and would be nice project to do. F3F-2 is my favorite due to the colors of the period and also the Gulf version.

I remember Aeroplane Heaven was going to do an FSX version, and checked many a times, but never materialized.

ColoKent
July 10th, 2013, 20:00
...on the wish-lists in this thread....to wit:

- T-37B (would look gorgeous in mid-60's bare metal ATC UPT scheme)
- F-82E and F-82G
- Lockheed Jetstar

Here are a few others:

- Fokker F-27 to include Maritime Enforcer variant
- Lockheed U-2C
- Boeing B-50D

Just my .02 cents...

Kent

skyblazer3
July 10th, 2013, 20:11
Raptor Said NANCHANG.... I think we need to respect that CJ-6

Sundog
July 10th, 2013, 20:44
Grumman F9F-8 Cougar. I would also like the F9F-8T (http://www.blueangels-usn.org/images/aircraftpics/cougar/8t_2.jpg), because the two seat version is one of the nicest looking subsonic fighter trainer designs ever built IMHO. The Twosader (http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj287/fliermike/TF-8Aleftsr.jpg) comes close, though.
Yak-11, including the modified air racing variant with the P&W Engine.
Grumman F3F-2 Barrel
Grumman F11F-1 Tiger
F-82
B-17D
And, because I've always liked it, a Bernelli CBY-3 (http://www.aircrash.org/burnelli/ch_cby3.htm).

Naki
July 10th, 2013, 23:09
Another vote here for the Chipmunk and Yak 3. Failing that the Nanchang would also get my vote.

Naismith
July 10th, 2013, 23:25
Howz about a HP Halifax? a seriously overlooked a/c in FSX.

PutPut
July 11th, 2013, 07:40
Go for the F3F-2and /or a F-82.

Best, Paul

rdaniell
July 11th, 2013, 07:54
Well, I'm glad to see at least one other person would like to see a Cessna T-37. My passion for military aircraft runs toward the trainers. We have a T-6, T-34, and with Ant's latest release, a T-28. Someone is working on a T-33; therefore, a T-37 just should have a lot of appeal.

RD

PHo17
July 11th, 2013, 08:25
Everything is welcome but Brewster F2A-1 Buffalo is first on the list. It wasn't of great importance for the USA in the II World War but the more for our nation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_F2A_Buffalo).

There are a couple ones made for FS2004 but none for the FSX. To my knowledge there isn't any whole one Brewster in any air museum except the wrecked BW-372 which was found in a russian lake in 1990's.

Pekka

dhazelgrove
July 11th, 2013, 08:58
What about an Argosy, or Belfast?

Dave

casey jones
July 11th, 2013, 10:52
The Lockheed XF-90 was never put into production it was tested by Test Pilot
Tony Levier in the 1950's but failed to get a contract with the USAF.

Cheers

Casey

TARPSBird
July 11th, 2013, 11:21
F9F-8/8P/8T Cougar. The 8T (TF-9J) version served well into the 1970's.

Flyboy208
July 11th, 2013, 14:59
For me, the top of my wish list will be the Pilatus P-3 Swiss Air Force trainer, have logged many hours in the real thing. Mike :salute:

Mr.Mugel
July 11th, 2013, 15:39
To throw in some favourites:

Fokker DVII
Ju-52 (Reminds me to port that pretty good FS9 one for a test, ah, and Aerosoft started work on a payware one too, so that will be covered enought, I guess)
Early Bf-109
Fairchild C-119
I read Yak-3, sounds pretty good, too!
Boeing 314 Clipper

TeaSea
July 11th, 2013, 16:01
Okay....since C-119 ain't going nowhere I second the Brewster nomination....:salute:

fallenphoenix1986
July 11th, 2013, 16:25
I'll second the Grumman Cougar.

Wouldn't mind a Sea Harrier FA.2. Ron (Razbam) made some noise a while ago about small wing Harriers and had previews of an early stage GR.1/AV-8A so fingers crossed.

Craig

OleBoy
July 11th, 2013, 16:54
This one needs some attention.
http://www.vietnamwarflight.com/images/aircraft/mentor/DSC06646.jpg

Paul Domingue
July 11th, 2013, 17:21
Okay....since C-119 ain't going nowhere I second the Brewster nomination....:salute:

Actually the C-119 is in the top three.

TuFun
July 11th, 2013, 18:45
B-26 Marauder! I know its a long shot!!!

Jozef Košík
July 11th, 2013, 23:51

Let the poll begin,

Paul

Aero 45 was developed and produced for the Czechoslovak Army as a courier plane. I would be very happy if it was made ​​in FSX.
Thanks.

Jozef Košík

Firekitten
July 12th, 2013, 00:08
Actually the C-119 is in the top three.

If you went with a boxcar Paul, I'd stand up and offer to help with the textures! (And offer you my first born child)

Butcherbird17
July 12th, 2013, 01:27

There is a native fsx B-26 in the library here. (freeware)

Joe

hairyspin
July 12th, 2013, 01:51
Grumman F3F-2 would be an excellent choice, both for modeling and as an addition to the FSX hangar. I also wish people would stop judging the Defiant through post-war lenses: the thing was built to knock down bombers and was sent up against fighters because we needed all the guns in the air that could be found. It is reckoned the Defiant destroyed more enemy aircraft than any other British type in the winter of 40/41, but you don't read that in the Daily Mail etc.

kilo delta
July 12th, 2013, 05:42
(And offer you my first born child)

No fair...he can take both of mine......please

I jest,of course!:icon_lol:

Killbilly
July 12th, 2013, 06:04
Chipmunk! Chipmunk! Chipmunk!

It is a true shame we don't have a great DHC-1 in FSX; but, of course, anything is very welcome.

Sylvanriv
July 12th, 2013, 06:44
What I would love to see is an early B-52, anything from the XB and YB-52 to the B-52 F. There's a surprising lack of the early ones out there...

Failing that, either an F-86D or an F-89 would be great!

Cheers,
Sylvan

Matt Wynn
July 12th, 2013, 06:45
Aero 45 was developed and produced for the Czechoslovak Army as a courier plane. I would be very happy if it was made ​​in FSX.
Thanks.

Jozef Košík

i'm sure i've seen one of them hanging in an airport terminal somewhere on my travels.... *scratches head*

...Edit, thinking about it it could have been Prague...

ThinkingManNeil
July 12th, 2013, 06:57
i'm sure i've seen one of them hanging in an airport terminal somewhere on my travels.... *scratches head*

...Edit, thinking about it it could have been Prague...

I remember seeing one of these Aero 45's painted up as an ersatz He-111 in FlyPast magazine years ago. It haunted the British air show circuit for several years; don't know if it's still active or still wearing a pseudo-Luftwaffe scheme...

N.

Matt Wynn
July 12th, 2013, 07:10
it was Prague!.... i had a feeling it would be, one of my favourite cities to visit!
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2013-1/29/265805.jpg

TuFun
July 12th, 2013, 08:48
There is a native fsx B-26 in the library here. (freeware)

Joe

Ops... forgot to mention short version with big spinners, candy cane tail.

Paul Domingue
July 12th, 2013, 15:05
Thanks.

Jozef Košík

Pay attention everybody. This is the way to request a model and influence the judge (me). All the reference needed for a model, photos, instrument panel and 3-view plans.
Well done Jozef!

If you went with a boxcar Paul, I'd stand up and offer to help with the textures! (And offer you my first born child)

I might consider it if you marry royalty!

No no TuFun, you already voted for the "Barrel". :salute:

No fair...he can take both of mine......please
I jest,of course!:icon_lol:

Oh well, you can keep your snotty nosed brats and I'll consider this a vote for the C-119. :jump:

TuFun
July 12th, 2013, 15:21
No no TuFun, you already voted for the "Barrel". :salute:

LOL!!! I was being greedy, but hey anything you decide will be great! ;)

TeaSea
July 12th, 2013, 15:36
Fun thread, regardless of whether you build anything or not!

TuFun
July 12th, 2013, 17:14
Fun thread, regardless of whether you build anything or not!

I agree... even just looking what everyone aircraft interests are!

rdaniell
July 12th, 2013, 18:03
LOL!!! I was being greedy, but hey anything you decide will be great! ;)

Me too (being greed that is). I just hope someday to see a FSX native "Tweety Bird."

RD

greenie
July 12th, 2013, 20:00
I'll go for the Chipmonk too !

We already have a Mr. Stolle air file for it .

Paul , since you say you are learning some techniques , well, the Chipmonk was/is a great trainer . :icon_lol: aerobatic too .

Its a lovely flyer and the FS9 version, whilst good, badly needs a renovation.

huub vink
July 13th, 2013, 01:48
Paul, thank you for this generous offer. Although I certainly have my personal prefeences, I decided to be happy with anything you make.

Asking for something would feel me obliged to fly it. As I ave already too many virtual aircraft just dusting away in my virtual hanger, reality tells me I don't have the time to fly it and even when I would, it would cause me to neglect other great model with a solid grey layer of dust on them.

As said a great offer, but I decided to show my less greedy side :icon_lol::engel016:

Cheers,
Huub

Bushpounder
July 13th, 2013, 02:50
Piper Aztec and Navajo!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

Paul Domingue
July 13th, 2013, 07:42
Paul, thank you for this generous offer. Although I certainly have my personal prefeences, I decided to be happy with anything you make.

Asking for something would feel me obliged to fly it. As I ave already too many virtual aircraft just dusting away in my virtual hanger, reality tells me I don't have the time to fly it and even when I would, it would cause me to neglect other great model with a solid grey layer of dust on them.

As said a great offer, but I decided to show my less greedy side :icon_lol::engel016:

Cheers,
Huub

Your not going to get out of it that easy Huub! I'm going to let the vote count run through the weekend and then post the results. There are 5 aircraft tied for first place and a vote from you could break that tie. I'm depending on you to at least vote.
If not we are all going to make ugly faces at you. :a1451:

unclegreg
July 13th, 2013, 14:58
Paul,
How about the Mitsubishi Ki-67 codenamed "Peggy"?A beautiful Japanese bomber.90198
unclegreg

fsafranek
July 13th, 2013, 16:10
I would really like to see an F-86D/K/L Sabre Dog.

And as always, a new Mirage F1.
:ernae:

Flyboy208
July 13th, 2013, 16:28
Piper Aztec and Navajo!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

Agreed, preferably an Aztec E ...... flew all over the Bahamas and Carribbean in one of those ... Mike :jump:

Javis
July 13th, 2013, 17:01
Hey! What about me, huh ?.... Ain't i cute ?.... And long forgotten, you know...

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter2.jpg

And i worked for the militairy too, you know..

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter3.jpg

And i can swim...

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter4.jpg

I can even dance on the waves just with my flippers ! :

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter5.jpg
Here's my specs:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter6.gif

I am real easy going as you can see.

My little nephew has gotten all of the attention. Even my little twin nephew got its second comming just a couple days ago. What's wrong with me !???

You'll love me! I know you will!

Cheers,
Otty

Walter
July 13th, 2013, 17:05
Hey! What about me, huh ?.... Ain't i cute ?.... And long forgotten, you know...

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter2.jpg

And i worked for the militairy too, you know..

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter3.jpg

And i can swim...

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter4.jpg

I can even dance on the waves with just my flippers ! :

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter5.jpg
Here's my specs:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/otter6.gif

I am real easy going as you can see.

My little nephew has gotten all of the attention. Even my little twin nephew got its second comming just a couple days ago. What's wrong with me !???

You'll love me! I know you will!

Cheers,
Otty

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing this if the Defiant isn't picked! That's a neat plane! :icon_lol:

N2056
July 13th, 2013, 17:34
The choices are many
There can be only one
Flying Boxcar, please ;)

mmann
July 13th, 2013, 18:00
If the Noorduyn Norseman isn't picked then the de Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter would be my second pick. That would be an Otter without the turbine or twin engines please. :jump:

ericts
July 13th, 2013, 22:43
Another vote for the Brewster Buffalo.

SADT
July 13th, 2013, 23:13
May I make a suggestion?

Once you've tallied up the results, could you maybe hold a final vote for maybe the top 3 or 5 finalists - as much I like the B-P Defiant, unfortunately I doubt it would make it - so for people like me, who voted for maybe an "unpopular" aircraft, could have a chance to have a say with the finalist, "popular" aircraft - from looking at what seems to be popular - there are certainly some of the higher polling, here I would vote for if the Defiant did not make it.

Maybe could it could be held in the form of an SOH thread poll - so we can all see the votes, I think you can select it as an option when you post..

Of course only if you agree!

Craig. :-)

Paul Domingue
July 14th, 2013, 10:50
May I make a suggestion?

Once you've tallied up the results, could you maybe hold a final vote for maybe the top 3 or 5 finalists - as much I like the B-P Defiant, unfortunately I doubt it would make it - so for people like me, who voted for maybe an "unpopular" aircraft, could have a chance to have a say with the finalist, "popular" aircraft - from looking at what seems to be popular - there are certainly some of the higher polling, here I would vote for if the Defiant did not make it.

Maybe could it could be held in the form of an SOH thread poll - so we can all see the votes, I think you can select it as an option when you post..

Of course only if you agree!

Craig. :-)

What you suggest is exactly what I intended on doing. I was going to end the voting by Zulu 24:00 on the 14th, today or when the thread dropped to the second page as it has. So all votes beyond this post will not count.

There are six aircraft tied for first place so now we will vote on those six to determine the winning aircraft. My thanks to all those who suggested aircraft. There were many interesting suggestions that I had not thought of and are now on file for future consideration.

The following is the list of aircraft and votes based on this criteria; a suggested aircraft was added with one vote, with any multiple suggestions only the first aircraft was selected and given a vote, people who suggested an aircraft then later suggested another or voted on one and later changed their vote were not counted.

<tbody>

Votes

Name

Suggested by

Boulton Paul Defiant

Walter

Cessna T-37 Tweet

rdaniell

de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk

Roger

Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar

Firekitten

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

TuFun

Noorduyn Norseman

heywooood

Brewster F2A Buffalo

trucker17

F9F-8T

TARPSBird

Nanchang CJ-6

jonraptor

Yak-3 or 9

WarHorse47

A6M Zero

Butcherbird17

Aero 45s 145

Jozef Kosik

Beechcraft T-34B

OleBoy

Boeing B-17D

Kevin Derby

de Havilland DHC3 Otter

Javis

Douglas R5D

FSX68

English Electric Lightning T.5

dhazelgrove

F-101 Voodoo

Montie

F-82 Twin Mustang

mgchrist5

F-86D

fsafranek

Fairey Battle

Dumonceau

Fokker DVII

Mr.Mugel

Hawker Hurricane IIa, b, & c

Bradburger

IAR-80 Romania

Ferry vO

KC-135A

b52bob

Lockheed Jetstar

delta_lima

Mitsubishi Ki-67 Peggy

unclegreg

Mixmaster

Bjoern

Pilatus P-3

Flyboy208

Piper Aztec

Bushpounder

XB-B-52

Sylvanriv

Yak-28 Brewer

Rubberlegs

</tbody>

I don't know how to create a poll as you suggested so I will leave it as it is and we can continue the thread from here voting on the top six. Voting for the finalist will end on the 19th of this month @ Zulu 24:00 or when it drops to the second page which ever comes first. If there is still a tie I will make the final vote to break the tie.

Thanks

Paul

hairyspin
July 14th, 2013, 11:00
If I read this right, I'll kick this off with my vote for the Grumman F3F-2 Barrel. :jump:

FSX68
July 14th, 2013, 11:02
Change my vote for the Grumman F3F Barrel

SeanTK
July 14th, 2013, 11:07
I'll vote for the....
Noorduyn Norseman

rdaniell
July 14th, 2013, 11:08
OK then...I'm back in with my request for the Cessna T-37 "Tweety Bird."

RD

huub vink
July 14th, 2013, 11:08
As I don't think any commercial designer will make one, my vote goes to the Defiant.

And now stop making ugly faces towards me :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Huub

Your not going to get out of it that easy Huub! I'm going to let the vote count run through the weekend and then post the results. There are 5 aircraft tied for first place and a vote from you could break that tie. I'm depending on you to at least vote.
If not we are all going to make ugly faces at you. :a1451:

TuFun
July 14th, 2013, 11:29
Change my vote for the Grumman F3F Barrel

My vote for the Grumman F3F-2 Flying Barrel!

fxsttcb
July 14th, 2013, 11:38
Agree! Grumman F3F-2 Barrel. It will be an excellent companion to your Duck...Don

heywooood
July 14th, 2013, 11:54
Noorduyn Norseman - So much high quality Alaska and PNW scenery in FSX now that not having the Norseman in the hangar is just criminal...

Mr Domingue - you can make things right in this world again :kilroy:

Naismith
July 14th, 2013, 12:02
Noorduyn Norseman

rdaniell
July 14th, 2013, 12:17
OK, I know I can't vote again but, come on those of you who voted for the T-37 on the first round. SHOW UP AND VOTE AGAIN...

RD

TheGrunt
July 14th, 2013, 12:24
This is difficult. All the options are really good, but you can choose only one...

I'll go with the Defiant!:wiggle:

Dumonceau
July 14th, 2013, 12:29
OK, I know I can't vote again but, come on those of you who voted for the T-37 on the first round. SHOW UP AND VOTE AGAIN...

RD

Changing my vote to the T-37 Tweet! ;D

mmann
July 14th, 2013, 12:41
Noorduyn Norseman

SADT
July 14th, 2013, 12:59
I vote for, a Boulton Paul Defiant!!:jump:

Craig.

Marvin Carter
July 14th, 2013, 13:33
This one!!!

Matt Wynn
July 14th, 2013, 14:21
This one!!!

an FW189 'Uhu' ... i'll back that! always have loved these birds! :salute:

Walter
July 14th, 2013, 15:33
Holy cow! I never thought my suggestion would make it this far! Thanks, guys!

This race is getting really interesting - May the best plane win! :salute:

Walter

voyager
July 14th, 2013, 16:14
My "2nd round" vote is still for the F3F.
voyager

mustangman13134
July 14th, 2013, 16:16
Tweet/Dragonfly for sure!

Firekitten
July 14th, 2013, 16:25
Second round vote goes to the ... hrm... Defiant.

Paul Domingue
July 14th, 2013, 16:31
This one!!!

Has to be one of the top six Marvin. See post above.

an FW189 'Uhu' ... i'll back that! always have loved these birds! :salute:

Vote for something Matt.

Holy cow! I never thought my suggestion would make it this far! Thanks, guys!

This race is getting really interesting - May the best plane win! :salute:

Walter

I'm counting this as your vote then? This is an all new vote for the top six.

Walter
July 14th, 2013, 16:32
Oh, I didn't realize. Yessir, the Defiant is my vote! :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
July 14th, 2013, 16:48
Vote for something Matt.

ok buddy my vote goes to the Boulton-Paul Defiant :salute:

Paul Domingue
July 14th, 2013, 19:45
Second round vote goes to the ... hrm... Defiant.

It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind. :sleep:

Matt Wynn
July 14th, 2013, 22:06

...as often as possible and on the shortest possible notice :icon_lol:

*Ducks to avoid incoming household objects*

flying legend
July 14th, 2013, 22:38
My list:

USSR: Yak 11

German: FW44 Stieglitz

US: P39 (but that one is on its way I believe)

UK: Fairey Fox (but any fairey or Hawker model from the 1930 period is nice for me)

Belgian: Stampe SV4B

Dutch: Fokker F27

French: Morane Saulnier MS315-317 or 230

Grts,

F.L.

Firekitten
July 15th, 2013, 01:52

Just keeping you on your toes... Boxcar.

Chris Sykes
July 15th, 2013, 02:41
Chipmunk for me please!

dhasdell
July 15th, 2013, 05:37
On balance I think a Chipmunk, but the F3F is a close second.

b52bob
July 15th, 2013, 06:44
Tweety bird!

rdaniell
July 15th, 2013, 07:15
Tweety bird!

All right b52bob. Now all the rest of you "Tweety Bird" fans get on line and start voting....:running:

Paul, I'm having way too much fun :icon_lol: with this thread.

RD

delta_lima
July 15th, 2013, 07:26
Out of what's left, I'd happily welcome a T-37. Since it's the closest I think I'll ever come to a CT-114 Tutor in FSX, that'd be my choice. For most of the other choices, an-already reasonable FS9 freeware portover exists, and since I always wondered (but never bought) the old FSD Tweety, then that's where I'd land.

Paul, this is a generous and most unselfish offer - thanks for whatever you bring us.

Regards,

DL

Walter
July 15th, 2013, 07:31
All right b52bob. Now all the rest of you "Tweety Bird" fans get on line and start voting....:running:

RD

But how can they vote for the "Tweety Bird" when they really want the Defiant deep down inside? Haha :icon_lol:

I must agree - This is loads of fun!

Rubberlegs
July 15th, 2013, 07:53
But how can they vote for the "Tweety Bird" when they really want the Defiant deep down inside? Haha :icon_lol:

.................................................. .................................................. .................

Hey Walt......
.......Ok! Ok!...I'll going to step-down from wanting the Yak-28 Brewer and reluctantly admit you're probably right...there 'really' is a greater need for a BP Defiant for FSX. As for a Tweedy-Bird..it would have to have a great sound file to do it justice...they were a noisy little sucker!

Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky !
Walt

rdaniell
July 15th, 2013, 08:09

Sylvester, if you look deeply into your soul, you will find that you are confused....you meant to say that you really would like to see a "Tweety Bird."

Yuk:icon_lol:, Yuk:icon_lol:, Yuk:icon_lol:...like I said....way toooooo much fun.:jump: I get all teary eyed just thinking about how much fun we'll have with whatever Paul decides to build....Thank you Paul.

RD

Daveroo
July 15th, 2013, 08:12
im going to have to pull for the norseman...

Jozef Košík
July 15th, 2013, 12:23
What you suggest is exactly what I intended on doing. I was going to end the voting by Zulu 24:00 on the 14th, today or when the thread dropped to the second page as it has. So all votes beyond this post will not count.

There are six aircraft tied for first place so now we will vote on those six to determine the winning aircraft. My thanks to all those who suggested aircraft. There were many interesting suggestions that I had not thought of and are now on file for future consideration.

The following is the list of aircraft and votes based on this criteria; a suggested aircraft was added with one vote, with any multiple suggestions only the first aircraft was selected and given a vote, people who suggested an aircraft then later suggested another or voted on one and later changed their vote were not counted.

<tbody>

Votes
Name
Suggested by

Boulton Paul Defiant
Walter

Cessna T-37 Tweet
rdaniell

Roger

Firekitten

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel
TuFun

Noorduyn Norseman
heywooood

Brewster F2A Buffalo
trucker17

F9F-8T
TARPSBird

Nanchang CJ-6
jonraptor

Yak-3 or 9
WarHorse47

A6M Zero
Butcherbird17

Aero 45s 145
Jozef Kosik

Beechcraft T-34B
OleBoy

Boeing B-17D
Kevin Derby

de Havilland DHC3 Otter
Javis

Douglas R5D
FSX68

English Electric Lightning T.5
dhazelgrove

F-101 Voodoo
Montie

F-82 Twin Mustang
mgchrist5

F-86D
fsafranek

Fairey Battle
Dumonceau

Fokker DVII
Mr.Mugel

Hawker Hurricane IIa, b, & c
Bradburger

IAR-80 Romania
Ferry vO

KC-135A
b52bob

Lockheed Jetstar
delta_lima

Mitsubishi Ki-67 Peggy
unclegreg

Mixmaster
Bjoern

Pilatus P-3
Flyboy208

Piper Aztec
Bushpounder

XB-B-52
Sylvanriv

Yak-28 Brewer
Rubberlegs

</tbody>

I don't know how to create a poll as you suggested so I will leave it as it is and we can continue the thread from here voting on the top six. Voting for the finalist will end on the 19th of this month @ Zulu 24:00 or when it drops to the second page which ever comes first. If there is still a tie I will make the final vote to break the tie.

Thanks

Paul

Why should you do in FSX aircraft that are already made​​? Most aircraft on order already exists in FSX. Why do they new?

Jozef Košík

Firekitten
July 15th, 2013, 12:58
No they don't... And most if not all are fs9 port over conversions to x, and are dated now in either model or texture... So actually ,no, 99% of these have no 'good' version for them... things like the norseman and boxcar are aged fs2002 models... just because someone once made one, and its possible to fly in fsx, doesn't mean someone should make an up to date one.

Paul Domingue
July 15th, 2013, 13:53
Just keeping you on your toes... Boxcar.

It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind;
but it is my prerogative to decline.

RD

Well stop it! This is serious business. :costum:

-------------------------------------------------------------
The results early in the poll

<tbody>

Boulton Paul Defiant

Cessna T-37 Tweet

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Noorduyn Norseman

</tbody>

Get out there and campaign for your favorite.

TuFun
July 15th, 2013, 14:06
Kinda interesting with 3600+ views and just a handful of votes. No interested in voting?

Flying Barrel any one!!! Come in pretty colors!!!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/07/15/vwbaY.jpg

CP1207
July 15th, 2013, 14:16
My uncle did some design work on the Norseman, but 1 vote for Defiant, followed by F3F if you need a tie breaker.

FSX68
July 15th, 2013, 14:27
Kinda interesting with 3600+ views and just a handful of votes. No interested in voting?

Flying Barrel any one!!! Come in pretty colors!!!

I regret that I have but one vote to give and that is for the Flying Barrel!!!:ernae:

FSX68
July 15th, 2013, 14:28
Why should you do in FSX aircraft that are already made​​? Most aircraft on order already exists in FSX. Why do they new?

Jozef Košík

This data base is not up to date, so many votes have changed. It will as I understand be updated soon to a more accurate tally.

Overshoe
July 15th, 2013, 19:17
Norseman

skyhawka4m
July 15th, 2013, 19:55
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/75/836775.jpg

skyhawka4m
July 15th, 2013, 19:58
http://youtu.be/hBEJyXRVmuM

Stefano Zibell
July 15th, 2013, 21:24
T-37 for me.

beana51
July 16th, 2013, 06:35
Yes ,Agree,The Noorduyn Norseman...,Amphibian.....North Country Natural....

pivo11
July 16th, 2013, 07:29
I cast my vote for the Norseman.

Cheers,
Fritz

Paul Domingue
July 16th, 2013, 08:17
Current Poll Standings.

<colgroup><col width="86"><col width="195"></colgroup> <tbody>
Boulton Paul Defiant

Noorduyn Norseman

Cessna T-37 Tweet

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

</tbody>

Matt Wynn
July 16th, 2013, 08:22
was just doing a dig through stuff (shelf on my room i have a tech manual for the Merlin XX - the Defiants powerplant) and found this... the Defiant was the star of a comic!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDE_LpBUOuIRoXgHDw3VMYFQbXJP6wi q1r4oSZI_jLJPiTKEpmFQ

...i still have a load of these comics in my loft, i think they're still in print too.... :icon_lol: not many aircraft crews could gain 'Ace' ststus by using a rear powered turret and being inverted LOL! :icon_lol: and the US also used Defiants for Combat Crew Replacement training :)

T6flyer
July 16th, 2013, 08:28
was just doing a dig through stuff (shelf on my room i have a tech manual for the Merlin XX - the Defiants powerplant) and found this... the Defiant was the star of a comic!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDE_LpBUOuIRoXgHDw3VMYFQbXJP6wi q1r4oSZI_jLJPiTKEpmFQ

...i still have a load of these comics in my loft, i think they're still in print too.... :icon_lol: not many aircraft crews could gain 'Ace' ststus by using a rear powered turret and being inverted LOL! :icon_lol: and the US also used Defiants for Combat Crew Replacement training :)

Umm the Defiant!.....that's a good idea for the future. Will have to investigate further to see if can be a future project for us!

But then I'd love to see a Yak-50 or a Pilatus P.2:)

Martin

Brian_Gladden
July 16th, 2013, 09:03
Norseman!!! My old FS 2002/4 verson sorta works as a port over with new prop alphas and new gauges but....

Yeah, I'd go for a new Norseman. Wheels and floats please.

Crash_Hawk
July 16th, 2013, 09:49
Norseman would be the bee's knees!

Jonathan

Naismith
July 16th, 2013, 10:55
If I say Norseman enough, like the devil. maybe it will appear....

Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman Norseman

Too much? That Ctrl V eh? :icon_lol:

monk1
July 16th, 2013, 11:28
Noorduyn Norseman!!!

seejay
July 16th, 2013, 11:43
No question. ' Norseman ' :jump:
Cheers.

seejay
July 16th, 2013, 11:50
No question there ---- ' Norseman '. :jump:
Cheers

huub vink
July 16th, 2013, 11:54
The sub-name of this place is "Combat Flight Center". The only combat history this aircraft can look back to is the fact that Glen Miller was killed in one.......

When it has to be a Norseman, I really hope it will be one with wheels....

Huub

(running and seeking cover :running::icon_lol: )

rdaniell
July 16th, 2013, 12:03
The sub-name of this place is "Combat Flight Center". The only combat history this aircraft can look back to is the fact that Glen Miller was killed in one.......When it has to be a Norseman, I really hope it will be one with wheels....Huub(running and seeking cover :running::icon_lol: )

Well, Huub my friend, looks like all my T-37 "Tweety Bird" buddies deserted me also as it is no longer tied with anything. I sure was hoping it had a chance of coming in first. After all it was and is a military airplane. But when it's all said and done, Paul is the final judge anyway. (Any room for me :kilroy:in the bomb shelter with you?)

I can at least hope that some of the other developers will give it serious consideration. (Whoops stuck my head :pop4:back out.)

RD

heywooood
July 16th, 2013, 12:18
work horse...

Firekitten
July 16th, 2013, 12:20
The sub-name of this place is "Combat Flight Center". The only combat history this aircraft can look back to is the fact that Glen Miller was killed in one.......

When it has to be a Norseman, I really hope it will be one with wheels....

Huub

(running and seeking cover :running::icon_lol: )

Well it was a military liaison aircraft....

Anyway Paul is allergic to jets... the compressor stators make him sneeze.

roger-wilco-66
July 16th, 2013, 12:45
Noorduyn Norseman

(wheels __and__ floats and everything)

Cheers,
Mark

trucker17
July 16th, 2013, 12:49
Noorduyn Norseman

Cheers,
Mark

I'll go for that as well.....Their are a few aircraft that could use some good attention....and many that could use a major overhaul....:mixedsmi:

Paul Domingue
July 16th, 2013, 13:43

This just in! Noorduyn Norseman is pulling ahead with the popular vote and has a six point lead over his rival Boulton Paul. It's still early and we have three days before the polls close.

Fairchaild Boxcar has just announced, due to poor voter turnout he is pulling out of the race.

We will return after this message from our sponsor for more live election coverage.

Bushpounder
July 16th, 2013, 14:01
Well, from the list, Norseman - but I still want an AZTEC and a NAVAJO!!!!

Don

mmann
July 16th, 2013, 14:08
Well, from the list, Norseman - but I still want an AZTEC and a NAVAJO!!!!

Don

See Don, saying Norseman wasn't that difficult, it just about rolls off the tip of the tongue. :salute:

Bushpounder
July 16th, 2013, 14:16
So does Aztec and Navajo, Mike! LOL!!! :icon_lol:

Don

Daveroo
July 16th, 2013, 14:20
ummm have i said i vote for the Norseman yet?

Sundog
July 16th, 2013, 14:24
Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

FSX68
July 16th, 2013, 14:30
Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Give that man a free steak dinner. :applause:

mmann
July 16th, 2013, 14:30
Maybe it rolls off of your tongue! Aztec might, if you are from central Mexico and Navajo if you are from the Southwestern United States. I'm from Canada, which at least got visited by the Norseman (Vikings if you prefer). :icon_lol:

Paul Domingue
July 16th, 2013, 14:50
It's time to get off the pot and get out there and shake out some votes. PM everybody you know and get the votes in for your favorite candidate.

TuFun
July 16th, 2013, 14:54
work horse...

Noorduyn Norseman

Cheers,
Mark

Kinda reminds me of An-2 without the bottom wings. Round engine to boot... I likes!!! ;)

Paul Domingue
July 16th, 2013, 14:59
Hey skyhawka4m, when are you going to vote instead of posting vids and pictures? :mixedsmi:

mmann
July 16th, 2013, 15:02
Hey skyhawka4m, when are you going to vote instead of posting vids and pictures? :mixedsmi:

I thought for sure I heard him say Norseman!

AussieMan
July 16th, 2013, 15:19
My vote would be for the Norseman as it was used by the RAAF.

One plane that has not had one mention yet is the Japanese KI-43 Oscar. Would be great to see one in native FSX.

rdaniell
July 16th, 2013, 15:30
Paul is there some way you can check the ISPs of some of these people voting for the Norseman. I don't recognize their names. I think it is a conspiracy and the same two guys are making up new names and opening accounts here at the Outhouse. Probably from Chicago..."Vote early and vote often."

RD

FSX68
July 16th, 2013, 15:38
Current Poll Standings.

<tbody>
Boulton Paul Defiant

Noorduyn Norseman

Cessna T-37 Tweet

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

</tbody>

At this point in time it don't look good for the Barrel. Looks like one of the top two will win this thing. In that event, I would rather vote for the better looking of the top two, the Norseman. IMHO, that Boulton is one UGLY baby! :isadizzy:

Matt Wynn
July 16th, 2013, 15:40
i still stand in Defiant-s of the competition (ok.... lousy pun), but whatever is made i'll enjoy it and use it...

TuFun
July 16th, 2013, 15:46
Current Poll Standings.

<tbody>
Boulton Paul Defiant

Noorduyn Norseman

Cessna T-37 Tweet

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

</tbody>

At this point in time it don't look good for the Barrel. Looks like one of the top two will win this thing. In that event, I would rather go for the better looking of the top two, the Norseman. IMHO, that Boulton is one UGLY baby! :isadizzy:

No biggie, at least there is semi descent Barrel to fly. I was looking at walk around pics, plus maybe startup effects similar to what I did with Pauls Duck. -TF

FSX68
July 16th, 2013, 16:11
No biggie, at least there is semi descent Barrel to fly. I was looking at walk around pics, plus maybe startup effects similar to what I did with Pauls Duck. -TF

True, No biggie....que sera sera!!!:icon_lol:

rdaniell
July 16th, 2013, 16:21
Hey if all you that voted for something other than the top three, throw in with me and vote for the T-37. That will give it a good lead.
I promise to put everyone of you'll to work for me. You know those kind of jobs that Tony Soprano used to get his guys on those construction jobs.

RD

N2056
July 16th, 2013, 16:28
Well, since the Boxcar is a big flat tire I'll go with the F3F-2. :wiggle:

FSX68
July 16th, 2013, 17:22
Well, since the Boxcar is a big flat tire I'll go with the F3F-2. :wiggle:

Hummmmm.......Nice choice.....I'll may just hold my current vote (Noorseman) in abeyance. I'll be Vatching dees,,

Butcherbird17
July 16th, 2013, 17:22
One plane that has not had one mention yet is the Japanese KI-43 Oscar. Would be great to see one in native FSX.

That's 2 votes for a KI-43.:salute: I did put it in my post (16) of this thread along with a A6M Zero.

Joe

Javis
July 16th, 2013, 17:41
http://sectionf8.com/f86files/ottyman.jpg

Yeah, it's me again, Otty...

Well, it looks like i've got the plague... :p:

Seems now there's a good chance that the winner of this contest is going to be a highwing taildragger workhorse with a P&W R-1340 powerplant that can land on ground, water, and snow.

OK Then!!!!! : DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter !!! Yiiiihaaaa!!!!!.... :applause:

Uhhhhh...hold it, hold it, not so fast Sir, afraid not.... Out of the undercroft of international aviation development they managed to come up with something else, another cousin of yours : the Noorduyn Norseman..... Sorry.....

Well, what the heck.... But sorry if i say so myself i DO look quite a bit more sophiscated than that hookey norsey, don't i.....

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/norseotter.jpg

And i can do atleast a 10 knots higher cruise and max speed and much higher rate of climb.

Still *You guys* know best....

Dissapointed

Otty

mmann
July 16th, 2013, 17:44
Well I told my wife about the possibility of having a native FSX Norseman and she said "Whatever."; so it seems to me that should represent another vote for the Norseman, by proxy. :jump:

Naki
July 16th, 2013, 18:01
No no!...the Chipmunk

http://http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/Naki_04001/220px-Tamias_minimus.jpg (http://s96.photobucket.com/user/Naki_04/media/Naki_04001/220px-Tamias_minimus.jpg.html)

FSX68
July 16th, 2013, 18:24
Hey if all you that voted for something other than the top three, throw in with me and vote for the T-37. That will give it a good lead.
I promise to put everyone of you'll to work for me. You know those kind of jobs that Tony Soprano used to get his guys on those construction jobs.

RD

I won't "throw in" for something that's not my cup of tea.

I remember when those planes would land here at KNQA and how LOUD the shrill from those engines...sounded like whistling $h*t cans. :icon_lol:

expat
July 16th, 2013, 22:45
I vote for the Grumman F3F-2 Barrel!

expat

Paul Domingue
July 16th, 2013, 23:00
Paul is there some way you can check the ISPs of some of these people voting for the Norseman. I don't recognize their names. I think it is a conspiracy and the same two guys are making up new names and opening accounts here at the Outhouse. Probably from Chicago..."Vote early and vote often."

RD

It must be a Canadian conspiracy!

This latest news, the Barrel has jumped into second place over the Defiant!

<tbody>

Noorduyn Norseman

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Boulton Paul Defiant

Cessna T-37 Tweet

</tbody>

Naismith
July 16th, 2013, 23:12

<tbody>

Noorduyn Norseman

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Boulton Paul Defiant

Cessna T-37 Tweet

</tbody>

We are nothing if not persistent

rdaniell
July 16th, 2013, 23:25

<tbody>

Noorduyn Norseman

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Boulton Paul Defiant

Cessna T-37 Tweet

</tbody>

I'd like to thank all my supporters as well as my campaign staff for all your efforts but, looks like I must concede the race. I'm waiting to see what offers I get before I endorse either of the top two candidates. This has been fun!

RD

TheGrunt
July 17th, 2013, 00:06
I already started to "get in the mood" by reading latest FlyPast magazine's Plane In Focus -articles about Defiant. Now it starts to seem, that I can't fly it virtually after all :a1451:

Well, other possible options aren't bad, so maybe my mind will settle :wiggle:

FSX68
July 17th, 2013, 03:30
Changed my mind.

I think the Norseman will win and it's a nice looking A/C and if it should win that's O.K. by me; although the F3F looks to be in a distant second place,
I still choose the F3F Barrel as my choice (vote). :salute:

Bjoern
July 17th, 2013, 03:43
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37

There, twelve votes for something less rustbuckety.

Sieggie
July 17th, 2013, 05:10

RD

Your thinking of Cincinnati, Chicago has the dead vote, but only once. :)

Dave

Jozef Košík
July 17th, 2013, 05:16
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37
T-37

There, twelve votes for something less rustbuckety.

Here is already done http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2218/fsx-usaf-cessna-t-37-dragonfly/

FSX68
July 17th, 2013, 05:25
Here is already done http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2218/fsx-usaf-cessna-t-37-dragonfly/

Yeah, what he said ^ :icon_lol:

skyhawka4m
July 17th, 2013, 05:29
I think if the T-37 were to be done I would hop that the OA-37 variant would be part of it.....

Love me some PA ANG....

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/8/6/0949681.jpg

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 05:38
I wish people would stop putting suggestions down saying 'oh well its been done'... Yes, this is going to be an FSX NATIVE freeware project...

NONE of the aircraft people have said 'are done' are fsx native, or vaguely recent models. All are rather dated in fact hailing either from fs2002 or fs2004. Good in their times in most cases, thats not the point of this thread. Sure, argue the pros of your suggestion or vote, but quit with the 'oh some guy once made a 5 poly version of xyz airplane, thus we dont ever need one again'.

rdaniell
July 17th, 2013, 05:54
I think if the T-37 were to be done I would hop that the OA-37 variant would be part of it.....Love me some PA ANG....

Now that's one bad "Tweety Bird." Sylvester you better look out ole buddy. This little bird can kick your:pop4: butt.

RD

FSX68
July 17th, 2013, 06:41
Now that's one bad "Tweety Bird." Sylvester you better look out ole buddy. This little bird can kick your:pop4: butt.

RD

I think we will have your Tweet over a Barrel :icon_lol:

mmann
July 17th, 2013, 07:17
We are nothing if not persistent

We Canucks sure are! If this had been an offer for an FSX aircraft carrier, we would all be behind the HMCS Bonaventure. :icon_eek:

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 07:24
Did someone say Canadian aircraft carrier?

Walter
July 17th, 2013, 07:31

Time for some extreme STOL! Who wants to try? Step right on up!

mmann
July 17th, 2013, 07:50
The Swiss have the same problem!

Paul Domingue
July 17th, 2013, 09:31
I wish people would stop putting suggestions down saying 'oh well its been done'... Yes, this is going to be an FSX NATIVE freeware project...

NONE of the aircraft people have said 'are done' are fsx native, or vaguely recent models. All are rather dated in fact hailing either from fs2002 or fs2004. Good in their times in most cases, thats not the point of this thread. Sure, argue the pros of your suggestion or vote, but quit with the 'oh some guy once made a 5 poly version of xyz airplane, thus we dont ever need one again'.

At first I thought you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed but then......

I saw this and fell out of my chair.

Don't forget, I'm Canadian.

-------------------------------------------------
Defiant and Tweety struggling for 3rd place.

<tbody>

Noorduyn Norseman

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Boulton Paul Defiant

Cessna T-37 Tweet

</tbody>

FSX68
July 17th, 2013, 10:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os19XiWGDjs

huub vink
July 17th, 2013, 11:05
Paul, I really think it is time to exclude the Canadians from this poll!

:running: And back to my trench!

Huub

<tbody>
Noorduyn Norseman

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Boulton Paul Defiant

Cessna T-37 Tweet

</tbody>

dhasdell
July 17th, 2013, 11:07
On balance I think a Chipmunk, but the F3F is a close second.
If the Chipmunk has lost ground, I'll move to the F3F.

nio
July 17th, 2013, 11:20
to honour of the flightcrews, and in particular the gunners whose vulnerability to an attack from below or head on resulted in substantial losses , in this early WWII aircraft, I would vote for the BP Defiant.

best

nio

Paul Domingue
July 17th, 2013, 12:04
If the Chipmunk has lost ground, I'll move to the F3F.

Unfortunately once you vote it is counted and you can not vote again. But wait! there is more bad news. :icon_eek: See the news flash.

Paul Domingue
July 17th, 2013, 12:08
This news just in.
The mud slinging has started. In an attempt to destroy each others credibility some candidates have resorted to low level comments about each other. Defiant came out with this statement in a press interview. "Where was Nerdy Noorduyn when trouble was brewing? Playing in the snow in Alaska and Greenland and hobnobbing with Bob Hope and his friends. That's where." In rebuttle Noorduyn said about Defiant; They took your turret off and invited you into the fray of the BoB but did you show up? No!" The Barrel said; "I'm staying out of the mud slinging. It's all in bad taste." and then did an immelman, his idea of an about face. We caught up with T-37 and when asked what he thought, T-37 said; "I tawt I taw a puddy tat." The Chipmunk said; "I'm taking my nuts and going home. I'm done and concede the race." So we are down to just four candidates battling it out.

<tbody>

Noorduyn Norseman

Boulton Paul Defiant

Grumman F3F-2 Barrel

Cessna T-37 Tweet

</tbody>

Matt Wynn
July 17th, 2013, 12:10
alright who's been buying votes? :icon_lol:

no amount of produce could buy my vote for the Norseman... well that's not true... a Diemaco C8 will buy my vote :icon_lol:

but come on, let's pull for the Defiant, it's an underdog, not massively known, but a very capable and adaptable aircraft, used by a fair few air forces RAF, RCAF, USAAC/F, RAAF..... besides with a Norseman you can't return fire if you're being chased across the Bush :icon_lol:

back to seriousness *clears throat*.... anything that gets done Paul i'm likely to fly... prefer to have my aircraft with spinning blades OUTSIDE the engine nacelles though :icon_lol: and boy is it good to see the community having a bit of a laugh!

FSX68
July 17th, 2013, 12:19
alright who's been buying votes? :icon_lol:

no amount of produce could buy my vote for the Norseman... well that's not true... a Diemaco C8 will buy my vote :icon_lol:

but come on, let's pull for the Defiant, it's an underdog, not massively known, but a very capable and adaptable aircraft, used by a fair few air forces RAF, RCAF, USAAC/F, RAAF..... besides with a Norseman you can't return fire if you're being chased across the Bush :icon_lol:

back to seriousness *clears throat*.... anything that gets done Paul i'm likely to fly... prefer to have my aircraft with spinning blades OUTSIDE the engine nacelles though :icon_lol: and boy is it good to see the community having a bit of a laugh!

I think what this all amounts to is, if you are from across the pond i.e. Europe you will be more inclined for planes made over there, that is understandable and
if you are from US of A (where I live) you will favor something made in US of A - at least most of us will. So this Tug of War ensues and it will not surprise me
who will win. As Sargent Schultz of Hogan Hero's would say I know Nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

Matt Wynn
July 17th, 2013, 12:40
yup... and to think this is what the Defiant was fighting to stop landing on British soil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duX4tIFocvY

truly frightening (Gotta love 'Allo Allo' was a great show, still is :icon_lol:)

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 12:48
Americans do seem to prefer 'American made' but I think us Europeans are more pragmatic... I will remind you I voted for the Norseman :P or is Canukistanian not American enough?

FSX68
July 17th, 2013, 13:05
Americans do seem to prefer 'American made' but I think us Europeans are more pragmatic... I will remind you I voted for the Norseman :P or is Canukistanian not American enough?

Ya know, I am tired of all this. I am OUT of this contest and I really don't care about this.

I don't like the "DRAMA" here and it is all that I can do to bite my tongue and not say what I really would like to say. It is not worth raising my blood pressure
over this. I have enough real life problems of my own, for instance my father has lung cancer with 6-10 months to live!!

My 35 year old Daughter is Bi-polar and lives with me. My Wife is Type II diabetic... I put it all in God's hands and hope to hear an answer from him.......AND SOON!!!!

Thank you maam for your kind comments.

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 13:12
Yes, to clarify, that was in jest... Some of my best friends are Canadian.

mmann
July 17th, 2013, 13:23
..... besides with a Norseman you can't return fire if you're being chased across the Bush :icon_lol:

With the Norseman on floats, I can land on a lake and remove the anti-aircraft gun from the cargo area and blow your Defiant to (United) kingdom come. :running:

Matt Wynn
July 17th, 2013, 13:34
With the Norseman on floats, I can land on a lake and remove the anti-aircraft gun from the cargo area and blow your Defiant to (United) kingdom come. :running:

it's a possibility.... but in unloading i'm sure the Defiant would pull a tight enough turn to do a spooky number with the turret :icon_lol:

mmann
July 17th, 2013, 13:48
Admit it, you Brits are just ticked off because it was a Norseman that crashed into King Alfred's tower in 1944 and you didn't get around to repairing it (the tower not the Norseman) until 1986. :icon_eek:

CP1207
July 17th, 2013, 14:00
Yes, to clarify, that was in jest... Some of my best friends are Canadian.

Half of me is Canadian and I went with the BP. I remember reading stories of how it was decimated in WWII and have always been interested in how it might fly in our little virtual world.

That said, Paul did indicate he had been looking at several projects. Perhaps he will take on more than one:jump:
(Please. Worthy candidates all).

Paul Domingue
July 17th, 2013, 14:02
Be careful, we don't want to rehash 1812. It's looking like only a few people are beating there gums so to speak/type and no more voters are showing up so I think it may be time to declare the winner. What do you think?:wiggle:

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 14:03
I'm more annoyed that Glen Miller, one of my big musical heroes got taken out in one...

Daveroo
July 17th, 2013, 14:12
Be careful, we don't want to rehash 1812. It's looking like only a few people are beating there gums so to speak/type and no more voters are showing up so I think it may be time to declare the winner. What do you think?:wiggle:

yes please declare....end the maddness

Bushpounder
July 17th, 2013, 14:13
Call it, Paul!! Let's wrap this up! And the winner is ..............................

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 14:47
yes please declare....end the maddness

maddness?

THIS

IS

SOH!

*Kicks barrel into bottomless pit*

Pips
July 17th, 2013, 15:24
Has to be the Defiant for me!

TeaSea
July 17th, 2013, 15:32
Okay,

Since I can see that my choices are not going to go anywhere and will fall by the wayside, I hereby announce that my vote is in fact for sale.....

I'll take anything.... a new Harley Davidson....5 Gals of 100LL....birth control advice....a kind word....whatever.....

Firekitten
July 17th, 2013, 15:34
Okay,

Since I can see that my choices are not going to go anywhere and will fall by the wayside, I hereby announce that my vote is in fact for sale.....

I'll take anything.... a new Harley Davidson....5 Gals of 100LL....birth control advice....a kind word....whatever.....
A Harley Davidson and 5 Gallons of Avgas would seem to be adequate birth control.

Walter
July 17th, 2013, 15:35
Okay,

Here... Have a beer. :ernae: :guinness::icon29: Now vote Defiant! :engel016: Haha

p14u2nv
July 17th, 2013, 16:21
I'd like to see an actual Cessna T-41C Mescalero...beyond just a set of textures I mean or is there one I missed? Is there a decent air file somewhere?

:USA-flag:

stovall
July 17th, 2013, 19:14
Looks like the competition is at an end. The winner will be announced by Paul in another thread. Thanks for participating.