PDA

View Full Version : can't find Emma Field in airport directory

Obie311
July 9th, 2013, 07:57
I've thoroughly enjoyed Falcon409's Emma Field_2 (thanks Ed) but lately it doesn't show up in the Select Airport window as a selection.

I seem to remember originating flights there in the past but don't know why I can't find it anymore. The odd thing is it shows up on the Map function perfectly including the NDB. I even deleted the file I was using from Addon Scenery and reinstalled a fresh download last night but it's still missing. I am using the default FSX scenery not PNW.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening? Is there anything I can scrutinize in the bgl thru ADE to enable KEWL? What is the determining factor that allows an airport to show up in Select Airport?

Confused,
Obie

GaryGB
July 9th, 2013, 08:43
Hello:

Perhaps Ed Wells (aka "falcon409") might wish to offer some ideas on this ? :ques:

But, until Ed replies, I'd suggest making sure the installation location of Ed's Emma_KEWL add-on folder chain is at/near the top of the FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers. :iidea:

FYI: Ed's airport BGL in question (aka "AFX_KEWL.bgl") might best be maintained in ex:

[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\[Emma_Kewl_V2_by_Ed_Wells]\Scenery\

NOTE: Ed's Emma_KEWL add-on airport file (created IIUC, in AFX rather than ADE) does use the same "KEWL" ICAO as the original LAGO Emma Field, and if that (FS2004) version is also installed and active in in FSX, it is possible that it may conflict with FS' ability to resolve and display that airport name / ICAO in the FS list of installed airports.

If you do have both the original LAGO Emma Field for FS2004 and Ed's Emma_KEWL add-on installed, active, and positioned at/near the top of of the FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers, you could try temporarily disabling the LAGO FS9 KEWL airport file by archiving a copy of its AFCAD2 BGL into a ZIP file, and deleting the original:

[FSX install path]\Lago\EmmaField\Scenery\EMMA_AF2.BGL

One should then be able to see if Ed's Emma_KEWL add-on airport is able to appear in FSX' airport list.

PS: There are some great things still in active development ...to bring even more fun to the Emma Field area for FSX flyers (...and for FS2002 / FS2004 Emma Field flyers too) ! :cool:

For news, support, and other matters of interest to Emma Field enthusiasts, one can go to:

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/15-emma-field-flying-club/

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Obie311
July 9th, 2013, 13:23
Thanks for the help Gary. Yes Emma Field_2 is at the top of my FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers. I didn't have the FS9 version of Emma at any time. I ran Simple Airport Scanner and Airport Scanner 100 and didn't find any duplicate KEWL's.

Still puzzled,
Obie

GaryGB
July 9th, 2013, 14:50
Hi Obie:

Ed used the non-default Country / Region filter designator of "US" ...instead of "United States". :isadizzy:

Try setting your FSX Free Flight GUI "Select Airport" Country / Region Filter to "US" instead of "United States", or as shown in the screenie attached below.

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Obie311
July 9th, 2013, 15:28
By Jove that was it!!! Many thanks Gary.

I went into ADE and changed the parameter from US to United States and now it appears where it should be.

Don't hesitate to PM if there are any changes or upgrades to Emma Field. It is one of my favorite hang-outs. Unfortunately I don't do Multi Player.

Best Regards,
Obie

GaryGB
July 9th, 2013, 18:15
Glad that helped; happy flying ! :cool:

GaryGB