PDA

View Full Version : Enders Game Movie

aeromed202
July 8th, 2013, 17:11
Anybody else waiting for this? I read Speaker for the Dead first then Enders Game. I actually thought reading them in that order was more interesting, at least for me. I really hope a decent movie effort is made because I enjoy Card's work. I just now read that GeeksOUT is raising a ruckus due to Card's stance on gays and marriage, calling for a boycott. I have no words.

paiken
July 8th, 2013, 20:15
More than likely the producers/director will end up treating it like Heinlein's Starship Troopers. What was (still is) a good book will likely get turned into another bug smashing 3D extravaganza that bears only a slight resemblance to the book.

p3aewguy
July 9th, 2013, 12:29
Anybody else waiting for this? I read Speaker for the Dead first then Enders Game. I actually thought reading them in that order was more interesting, at least for me. I really hope a decent movie effort is made because I enjoy Card's work. I just now read that GeeksOUT is raising a ruckus due to Card's stance on gays and marriage, calling for a boycott. I have no words.

Never read the books, but the trailer looked interesting at the movies this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Dave

n4gix
July 10th, 2013, 09:00
I really like the entire series of books based on Ender's universe. It will be interesting though to see how they managed to recreate the weightless battle training these young boys and girls went through...