PDA

View Full Version : Question for AFX users.

binarkansas
July 8th, 2013, 04:59
I am only a beginner in scenery design and placement. I am currently interested in FSX. For years I have used AFX, in both FS9 and now FSX (yes I have the current AFX program). I would like to know what texture file and from what location does AFX get it's texture for grass runways. When building runways with AFX you have a choice between grass, grass 2, and grass 3. All of which look the same to me. I also have FSGenesis landclass, REX and Ultimate Terrain loaded, as well as a lot of addon scenery including several FTX regions. Outside of FTX, I fly mostly from a fictitious airstrip of my own design located close to where I live. Recently the grass has lost all of its' 3d quality. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I have already searched and tried the support forums for Flight 1 products. SOH forums have always been friendly and helpful.

To sum up, my questions are: What programs will take precedent over the stock Grass Textures? Which one does AFX use for runway grass? (I've tried different detail.bmp files, but no change.) These are my two questions. If anyone has some ideas, I would be glad to email pics showing what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Meshman
July 8th, 2013, 08:06
All of the runway textures reside in the primary \Texture folder of FSX and are named runway##.bmp or DDS.

FSX will use these depending upon what it called for. There are add-ons that will replace these default with revised files, but they will be named the same.

binarkansas
July 16th, 2013, 14:24
All of the runway textures reside in the primary \Texture folder of FSX and are named runway##.bmp or DDS.

FSX will use these depending upon what it called for. There are add-ons that will replace these default with revised files, but they will be named the same.

Meshman: Thanks for the reply. I think either REX, Ultimate terrain, or one of the Orbx addons, fouled up my grass runway textures. I've regressed back to my saved textures from February. They are still not as good as before the foul up, but better than what they were the other day.

Thanks again

Barry