PDA

View Full Version : A little cheatin' going on at Daytona already

eddie
July 5th, 2013, 14:04
These are the Cup teams that were caught, there are a few Nationwide teams busted too!

The cars involved included all three Joe Gibbs Racing entries (Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth), all three Roush Fenway Racing entries (Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.), all three Michael Waltrip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/nascar/cup/driver/michael-waltrip/439363) Racing entries (Clint Bowyer, Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip) and both Roger Penske Racing entries (Joey Logano and defending series champion Brad Keselowski). Cars driven by Jamie McMurray, Trevor Bayne, Casey Mears, Marcos Ambrose and Aric Almirola also failed inspection.

This is what they did-The roof-flap spacers had been illegally machined down to reduce weight

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-confiscates-roof-flaps-from-31-cars-sprint-cup-ricky-stenhouse-jr-michael-waltrip-070413#!gJZOn

PRB
July 5th, 2013, 14:17
This makes no sense. Why would any team machine down the roof flap spacers to reduce weight? At most they would save 0.0000001 grams. There has to be more to this story. I can't believe this was done to save weight.

Panther_99FS
July 5th, 2013, 15:02
Well, all this happened yesterday & qualifying is now over.....no word yet on if/if not repercussions...

eddie
July 5th, 2013, 15:06
I can't believe you would save that much weight either. Not on the spacers

Panther_99FS
July 5th, 2013, 16:32
46 Laps To Go:
So it appears that Logano hasn't had to swap positions with Hornish Jr. due to heating problems.

Since:

Hornish Jr. is in competition for the Nationwide Championship

And:

Logano is isn't in the above competition

Then:

I wonder if Logano is running less tape on his grille & the "plan" is for him to push Hornish Jr. to a win :ques:

Daveroo
July 5th, 2013, 18:02
all those teams,,both cup and nationwide were supplied the roof flap kits by rousch industries..i personally feel this was a manufacturing mistake rather than cheating...why would it be so wide spread other wise?...

ViperPilot2
July 5th, 2013, 18:43
Didn't know Travis Pastrana was running as pack fodder in the Nationwide!

Three crashes in his last three events... punching bag for sure. :isadizzy:

eddie
July 5th, 2013, 19:32
all those teams,,both cup and nationwide were supplied the roof flap kits by rousch industries..i personally feel this was a manufacturing mistake rather than cheating...why would it be so wide spread other wise?...

I'd have to agree with that Dave.

Terry
July 6th, 2013, 04:40
Jeff Hammond said it was cheating but he did not believe it was related to weight. But sometimes Hammond is full of it. The few ounces they may have saved is not worth the fine they will get next week.

Daveroo
July 6th, 2013, 18:17
after i saw what they showed on tv today...wow..they were CHEATING.....lol

Panther_99FS
July 6th, 2013, 18:29
Gordon as usual :isadizzy: