PDA

View Full Version : Bomb splash Animation to torpedo Splash

ElsnerMarkus
July 5th, 2013, 08:41
Hello @all

I am a german CFS 2 player and i have a question.

I Play CFS 2 with nannis Updates.

I will add Nannis Bomb Splashes animations to the Torpedo Explosions animation. Both from Nanni http://web.tiscalinet.it/Nanni/CFS/

But why can i make this?

in German:

Guten Abend zusammen.

Ich bin ein deutscher CFS 2 Spieler und habe eine Frage:

ICh würde gerne die Bomben Animationen von Nanni bei der Torpedo explosions animation einfügen, weil ich der ansicht bin, dass so die Wassersäule einer Torpedo explosion doch besser aussieht.

Kann mir hier jemand helfen, welche einträge ich in den dp bzw effekt files der zuständigen einträge ändern müsste?

misson
July 6th, 2013, 17:03
Hello @all

I am a german CFS 2 player and i have a question.

I Play CFS 2 with nannis Updates.

I will add Nannis Bomb Splashes animations to the Torpedo Explosions animation. Both from Nanni http://web.tiscalinet.it/Nanni/CFS/

But why can i make this?

in German:

Guten Abend zusammen.

Ich bin ein deutscher CFS 2 Spieler und habe eine Frage:

ICh würde gerne die Bomben Animationen von Nanni bei der Torpedo explosions animation einfügen, weil ich der ansicht bin, dass so die Wassersäule einer Torpedo explosion doch besser aussieht.

Kann mir hier jemand helfen, welche einträge ich in den dp bzw effekt files der zuständigen einträge ändern müsste?sorry, I dont understand your question ElsnerMarkus , you are asking WHY or HOW.
How the update could be done or you are looking for a tutorial or explanation about efects?
Mit besten grüßen.
Mario

bearcat241
July 6th, 2013, 17:24
He wants to merge the visual blast of a bomb explosion in water to the typical geyser splash explosion of a torpedo, in effect creating a larger, wider splash. It can be done with some experimenting. By editing two separate FX files in the EFFECTS folder -- fx_tpdexpl_l.fx and fx_wtrexpl_l.fx -- to merge them into one and renaming the combined file as fx_tpdexpl_l.fx. It will take a few attempts to get it just right. Of course, backing up the original FX files before editng is a good idea.

ElsnerMarkus
July 14th, 2013, 04:37
in shadow wolfs exellent essex campaign i have seen by the attack on yamato big torpedo splashes when they hit the super dreadnought.

Shadow Wolf 07
July 14th, 2013, 05:40
Great... if you can improve the effect, please keep us posted. I made a mistake: the campaign is too long. I should have broken it up into 2 parts. as it is, the player can find himself being "sent home" for losing too many wingmen to easily. I could and should have made it two 25 mission campaigns.

BTW: Where are you in Deutschland?

misson
July 14th, 2013, 07:10
Great... if you can improve the effect, please keep us posted. I made a mistake: the campaign is too long. I should have broken it up into 2 parts. as it is, the player can find himself being "sent home" for losing too many wingmen to easily. I could and should have made it two 25 mission campaigns.

BTW: Where are you in Deutschland?I think that u shadow did not make a mistake. I think that anyone here could open a pilotlog and change the wingman lost entries.Btw, it would be a good utility , to have a tool for that. when i start a new campaign, i feel like "well..., there i go again...fighting a new war and ..bla...bla..." I mean to follow the thread of a campaign is better one no two.
Cheers
Mario

Shadow Wolf 07
July 14th, 2013, 07:34
I think that u shadow did not make a mistake. I think that anyone here could open a pilotlog and change the wingman lost entries.Btw, it would be a good utility , to have a tool for that. when i start a new campaign, i feel like "well..., there i go again...fighting a new war and ..bla...bla..." I mean to follow the thread of a campaign is better one no two.
Cheers
Mario

Yes Mario, I agree, making a change on the PILOTLOG is what a player can and should do, but not something everyone knows how to do.

ElsnerMarkus
July 17th, 2013, 19:17
hello all. i have make 2 videis with fraps. the splashes can only seen in the esdex campaign. i have installed nannis torpedo wake and bpmb splash and ghostponys modified bomp splash but in pearl i have NOT this torpedo animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fonqKbvSk5c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvEt7TLFng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

why can i make all torpedo splashes are large?

Talon
July 17th, 2013, 20:11
Part of the problem is the ship DP file.Yamato torpedo explosions are all fx_wtrexpl_l while the ones in the Pearl ships are mostly fx_wtrexpl_m and,fx_wtrexpl_s.If you changed all to fx_wtrexpl_l you will get bigger effects.Remember to backup the DP file and delete the CDP file.

The best effects I've seen for ships are by Pen32Win.I have used them for about 10 years now.

ElsnerMarkus
July 18th, 2013, 01:28
I have add the x_wtrexpl_l but no bigger splashes :-(.

when i add all hull files in the Effekt from ship dp with the

[EFFECTS.16]
; System = hull_port_4
effect.0=20,LIBRARY,fx_tpdexpl_l,
effect.1=40,LIBRARY,fx_tpdexpl_l,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_tpdexpl_l,
effect.3=80,LIBRARY,fx_tpdexpl_l,
effect.4=100,LIBRARY,fx_tpdexpl_l,

( this entries from yamato)

i can see the new effekt by the PHP ships.

This idea is bad. the new animation works but

the California and Oklahoma are sinking after 2 Torpedo hits with the new DP entries.

I'll probably leave it as it is original.

Where can I find the effects of Penwin32?

In the Libray's nothing in effect directory.

Shadow Wolf, i life in South Germany, near the Lake Constance.

Talon
July 18th, 2013, 08:08
You were to replace these two lines in the original DP file
fx_wtrexpl_m
fx_wtrexpl_s
With this line fx_wtrexpl_l.

Next delete the CDP file

This way the ship should not sink.I took out all the lines for the ship to sink in the original DP file.

If you use the Yamato lines like you did you loose all the other effects.They are derbis,oil slick and some others.