PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Some questions

lightningbolt
July 4th, 2013, 17:16
(Have been away for awhile as pointed out in this thread, replied to slipstreams announcement of E.V.A. files for the skyrocket thinking it would bring the thread to today's threads but it didn't or it's not showing up for me, in any case here are my questions, sorry if I made two threads.)

Does anyone know where the download for the skyrocket is? I bought it from AH even before it became freeware years ago but can't find the download anywhere, it's not on what's left of Aeroplane Heaven's site and none of my old links work.
I want to say hello to everybody as I have been away for awhile. Still don't have a computer of my own but I'm trying to get cfs3 and as many addons as I can back. Ordered cfs3, OFF, and downloaded ETO, PTO, Korea, MAW, and some other things. Would like to get them all together so when I do get a computer I will be ready.
Also have a question for the smart guys here. Would it be easier to just get XP so I don't have all the converting problems or are they pretty much been taken care of and can get Windows 7? Also what would be a good computer and graphics card to get to run cfs3 on high graphics?
I really love this game and can't wait to get back into it.

Thanks for any help.

MajorMagee
July 5th, 2013, 05:22
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=149&id=15586

lightningbolt
July 5th, 2013, 06:31
Thanks for the try Major but that link says file not found. Looked all through the american aircraft but it's not in there either. Could somebody just send it to me? Message me and I will give you my email.

Thanks

grizzly50
July 5th, 2013, 09:09
(Have been away for awhile as pointed out in this thread, replied to slipstreams announcement of E.V.A. files for the skyrocket thinking it would bring the thread to today's threads but it didn't or it's not showing up for me, in any case here are my questions, sorry if I made two threads.)

Does anyone know where the download for the skyrocket is? I bought it from AH even before it became freeware years ago but can't find the download anywhere, it's not on what's left of Aeroplane Heaven's site and none of my old links work.
I want to say hello to everybody as I have been away for awhile. Still don't have a computer of my own but I'm trying to get cfs3 and as many addons as I can back. Ordered cfs3, OFF, and downloaded ETO, PTO, Korea, MAW, and some other things. Would like to get them all together so when I do get a computer I will be ready.
Also have a question for the smart guys here. Would it be easier to just get XP so I don't have all the converting problems or are they pretty much been taken care of and can get Windows 7? Also what would be a good computer and graphics card to get to run cfs3 on high graphics?
I really love this game and can't wait to get back into it.

Thanks for any help.

Lightningbolt,

They somehow got placed under Donationware. They are freeware now, along with the CFS3 Corsairs.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php

There was also a mod done for them.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php

I hope this helps.

XP is best for CFS3, BUT I hear M$ is going to stop supporting XP in 2014.

Win 7 is MUCH better than Win 8, as Win 8 is showing problems with this and other sims.

I would also like to draw your attention to:

CFS3 ETO Expansion.
CFS3 PTO Rising Sun
The Battle of Britain for CFS3

These are all available for download at: www.aussiex.org (http://www.aussiex.org)

PTO_Solomons is also there now as well.

Oh and the entire Korean Skies catalog is now right here at SOH.

I hope this all helps

:D

lightningbolt
July 5th, 2013, 10:52
Thanks Grizzly. I knew they were somewhere just didn't look in the right place.:isadizzy: I already downloaded everything from the aussiex page. Thanks also for the info about which operating system. Now I just have to get the right computer.:jump: