PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th Of July!

aircav1970
July 3rd, 2013, 08:38
Here's hoping everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July holiday, if you have a few beers or cocktails please don't drive and lets all party!

aeromed202
July 3rd, 2013, 10:24
Echo that. Drink responsibly, dodge the DUIs, cook up a storm and take a moment to reflect and thank all those who made today possible. :applause:

Jagdflieger
July 3rd, 2013, 10:53
A day to celebrate to be sure and to also remember the fathers and heroes of this great nation.

Daveroo
July 3rd, 2013, 13:44
im dreading this year,just for the fact that this new cat is so scared and skittish still ,and im so close to the fairgrounds i fear the fireworks show is going to panic her to no end...

Rami
July 3rd, 2013, 13:46
A day to celebrate to be sure and to also remember the fathers and heroes of this great nation.

Amen and Amen. :USA-flag: My whole family is going up to Boston tomorrow to enjoy the 4th at the Esplanade. My wife and I feel very strongly that it's the most patriotic thing we can do after the events here in April.

aeromed202
July 3rd, 2013, 14:43
Ahh the Esplanade. Used to work near there for many years. Can't forget the smell of the Charles River after a long heat spell, wish I could.
Hang in there Daveroo. Our two cats were nearly feral when we adopted them. One turned out a mush ball and the other took 2-3 years to lose her nervousness but finally did. Takes only he loudest bangs and any vacuuming to make her run under a bed now.

Dain Arns
July 3rd, 2013, 18:53
I only have to go as far as the back deck to enjoy the local fireworks show tomorrow.

Daveroo
July 3rd, 2013, 18:54
my Haley...god rest her soul..would accually lay in my rear window here and look at the big colorfull bursts..i have no idea if she could see the colors or not,but when they sent up what we used to call a dude,which i later found out were a signal to the ground guys to light a segment of their show..Haley would turn and look at me like..what the?..then lay there and wait..soon as the first big burst came again..she would stand with her paws up on the glass again....this new girl is scared whenever a train passes or a jet inbound to sacramento or beale AFB passes over..

ViperPilot2
July 3rd, 2013, 19:08
Here's hoping everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July holiday, if you have a few beers or cocktails please don't drive and lets all party!

+1

And, if you have fireworks PLEASE be VERY careful!

papab
July 4th, 2013, 03:20

Reading this now and highly recommend .... it really opens ones eyes to how much planning,equipment,personnel that it took to pull this off...
I stand humbly before all the fallen Heroes, on our Nations Day, with a thank you for your sacrifice to help keep this World a safe place....

Rick

kikas
July 4th, 2013, 03:41
Happy Birthday America!!!

beana51
July 4th, 2013, 06:28
Thanx To Him,George Washington,Our First And very best President Of The United States Of America....:USA-flag:

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/257450_zps976ee73d.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/beana51/media/257450_zps976ee73d.jpg.html)

limjack
July 4th, 2013, 06:51
I lift my glass to George Washington and all that followed and believed....:USA-flag:

Jim

Dain Arns
July 4th, 2013, 08:18
Theodore coulda taken him! :icon_lol:
I say "Bully!" for Teddy! :USA-flag:

Willy
July 4th, 2013, 11:48
Happy 4th of July everyone! We're getting ready to fire up the grill in a few hours and then shoot off some fireworks once it gets dark.

robert41
July 4th, 2013, 13:05
Happy 4th to everyone.

Rami
July 4th, 2013, 14:25
Ahh the Esplanade. Used to work near there for many years. Can't forget the smell of the Charles River after a long heat spell, wish I could.

Aeromed202,

I have to tell you, this was the first year I packed it in. The new restrictions in the wake of the Marathon bombing are so intense that for a family with young children; not being able to carry a backpack and having to put everything in clear plastic bags is a ludicrous proposition, especially with diapers, snacks, and other essentials you have to have if you're going to be in the sun virtually the entire day. We were trying to get through the security checkpoint for more than ninety minutes, and not only having to go through searches, but also metal detectors.

Plus, they would only let you carry in up to two liters of water, which is not enough when you have a wife and four small kids. You could always buy some, at $5 a liter. Food was the same way...no coolers! My wife and I told the security people that if this is what it's come to, it's just not worth it. If we really want to respond to the events in Boston and NYC properly, don't change the security, give the buzzards a giant middle finger, and go on with life as if nothing ever happened. Making us jump through flaming hoops proves their point, and makes Benjamin Franklin's words echo louder than ever.

We walked around and thanked all those in uniform we could see, said thanks to any military personnel we encountered, turned in our wristbands, and came home.

Plus, it was 90+ degrees, with a dewpoint near 75.

ThinkingManNeil
July 4th, 2013, 15:33
Best wishes for a great 4th of July to some great neighbours on the other side of Lake Ontario and the rst of the border!

N.