PDA

View Full Version : filelist

stoney
July 2nd, 2013, 14:11
What would cause a new filelist to not be generated when starting the sim after a change? I made a change to my SCENEDB/World/scenery and deleted the list as usual. But it did not regenerate on start up. I was installing the New Britain scenery. Thanks if you can help.

Rami
July 2nd, 2013, 14:43
Stoney,

Did you make sure to add the scenery to the scenery.cfg or use the "add scenery" feature in the game?

stoney
July 2nd, 2013, 15:01
Neither, the BGLs were added directly to the World/scenery folder, as was advised in the read me. Luckily I made a back up copy of that entire folder, so I can go back and try the add scenery way.

stoney
July 2nd, 2013, 17:18
Well, I've got these mesh's so messed up now I'll never get it back straight again.:censored:

Sarg Willy
July 2nd, 2013, 17:55
Did you try a reboot ? Xp sometimes pulls from mirror copy , and see,s the file is still there ,

UncleTgt
July 3rd, 2013, 03:43
Stoney,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. The only bgl to be added directly to the CFS2/SCENERY folder are the single LOD9 mesh file.

You can add the stock airbase excludes, ONLY IF ADDING THEM THRU CFS2's OWN "ADD SCENERY" DIALOGUE & positioning in the hierarchy as described in the readme doesn't get you the desired results (everyones hardware is different).

The other scenery bgls (Reefs, Rivers, Islands) should be added as discrete scenery layers using the "Add Scenery" tool & arranged as /RIVERS on top of /REEFS on top of /ISLANDS.

I should make this clearer in the Readme. :redf:

Hope this helps

stoney
July 3rd, 2013, 11:56
Thanks UncleTgt, but the fault is mine alone, your Readme was fine. I'll eventually get it sorted out. I always do. I'm working with Windows 8 and a new PC and that's been a trial with CFS2 in it's own. I would stick with XP if you have a choice.