PDA

View Full Version : i had fun today

Daveroo
June 30th, 2013, 19:03
9am to 4 pm in the ER.........with only a yogurt to eat in the morning...and a half bottle of water....man was i dry n hungry when i got home..plus the temp got to 105F/16%RH in my yard today..and was 87 in the rv this was at 4:15 pm when i got home...poor Dori...my new adopted cat...was left alone on her first full day here...all that time and all the dr had to say was...you have a bad sprain..stay off ya feet for a week...the weird thing?..i could not put any weight on it at all yesterday..i mean it HURT!!! but its not so bad today...feels pretty good right mater of fact...waisted my entire day....got to visit with some nice people though...and one funny thing....

one of the youngmen who was a young rookie firefighter when i was his "boss"....he walks into the waiting area for the ER to talk to a dr who was there for a man who fell down a cliff in the canyon while on the western states 100 endurance race and he looked over and saw me sittin in a wheel chair..yelled across the over crowded room..capt'n dave!!!! what are you doin?..you ok?....bad knee?..how long ya been here?..oh my god..that long??...then about 5 minutes later i was taken in the back and processed...and everyone was callin me capt'n dave....sometimes its good to be a fireman...lol

Typhoon Willy
June 30th, 2013, 20:13
Dave,

Hope you're feelin' better, I'll be looking for you to post some pics of Dori in the future.

TW

Daveroo
June 30th, 2013, 20:52
i will post some of her..i tried just now...i have a bed for her on my subwoofershes all spralled out,hanging off it...soon as i moved to get my camera..she bolted to the bedroom...lol.....

Typhoon Willy
July 1st, 2013, 08:07
Yeah, it may take a while for her to get used to you, you know how it is with some cats. My one cat, Harry, stayed under my bed for over a month when I first took him in off the streets. The only time he came out was to eat and use the litter box, which went on for well over a month, but one day he decided I was ok and we've been best buds ever since. The really great part was when my other two "guys", Julius and Boots, accepted Harry into "our litter!"

TW

Odie
July 1st, 2013, 09:17
i will post some of her..i tried just now...i have a bed for her on my subwoofershes all spralled out,hanging off it...soon as i moved to get my camera..she bolted to the bedroom...lol.....

Yeah, my wife tries to pose our cat and I always laugh because with him, you may have about 4-5 seconds before kitty A.D.D. kicks in and he's moving again.

arfyhun
July 1st, 2013, 11:29
Chin up daveroo, (or should it be 'feet up'). Shows, when you suddenly got seen to; it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Graham