PDA

View Full Version : Prop settings on the Aircraft.cfg

OleBoy
June 30th, 2013, 12:14
I'm working on animation of the prop on my Aeronca K model. The prop is animated and works fairly well in sim. In the situation of shutting the engine down, what setting in the aircraft.cfg will stop (or slow) the rotation of the prop sooner. Is it the MOI setting I need to adjust?

PutPut
June 30th, 2013, 12:51
I'm working on animation of the prop on my Aeronca K model. The prop is animated and works fairly well in sim. In the situation of shutting the engine down, what setting in the aircraft.cfg will stop (or slow) the rotation of the prop sooner. Is it the MOI setting I need to adjust?

Yes, The bigger the MOI the longer it takes to spin down. The smaller, the quicker it stops.

Best, Paul

OleBoy
June 30th, 2013, 13:28
Thanks Paul.

That little bit of info narrowed things down for me right quickly. I got the prop dialed in nicely.:salute:

The project is coming along. Well actually after going through a few "scratch the head" bouts. The fellas that are more experienced in things have helped me resolve issues I've been having several times. It's nice to have people who know, respond.