PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Air Force for old geezers?

sp762
June 29th, 2013, 23:55
Hi all,

I fly FSX and prefer old jets, preferably British but I also love the F4, Skyhawk etc.

Is there a virtual air force that meets my particular needs? All the ones I've looked at seem to be very focused on the newest and most complicated airplanes - I can't be the only old geezer stuck in the 1980s, can I?

Love to hear thoughts and if anyone knows of an organisation, please point me to it.

Cheers,

Mike

dhasdell
June 30th, 2013, 07:19
:jump: Sorry - the 80's are much too recent for me.

JAllen
June 30th, 2013, 07:30
Much too recent. LOL:salute:

strikehawk
June 30th, 2013, 07:48
FSX Miramar, Warhawk 1130, myself, Storm, Warchild and a few other SOH denizens are members. We fly when we can, there is no set schedule but I'm trying to put together a few interesting flights. Most of the membership are Navy vets with a few from the other branches thrown in for good measure. The web address is here.......

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

Front page states our time frame 1965-95, mostly NAVAIR but that won't stop us from flying something cool like a Buccaneer or similar.

ThinkingManNeil
June 30th, 2013, 08:10
1980's? OLD?!?!? Hell, I remember as a kid visiting my aunt in Ottawa seeing a formation from an RCAF auxiliary squadron fly over her house in de Havilland Vampires!

N.

modelr
June 30th, 2013, 09:12
I can't sign up. Keeps saying my request timed out. ????

falcon409
June 30th, 2013, 09:45
Hadn't heard of this. Nothing against flying Navy, so I'm in. Thanks for the HU.:salute:

Paul Domingue
June 30th, 2013, 10:41
FSX Miramar, Warhawk 1130, myself, Storm, Warchild and a few other SOH denizens are members. We fly when we can, there is no set schedule but I'm trying to put together a few interesting flights. Most of the membership are Navy vets with a few from the other branches thrown in for good measure. The web address is here.......

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

Front page states our time frame 1965-95, mostly NAVAIR but that won't stop us from flying something cool like a Buccaneer or similar.

I signed up with the Miramar Flying Club and although I have not spent much time there due to real world commitments that have been taking all my time I have to say they seem to be one of the best military VAs to appear in quite a while. The people running it are very nice and have it well put together. If you want to fly 80s era aircraft or any other era in multiplayer, they have my vote as the place to be.

strikehawk
June 30th, 2013, 13:06
modelr, keep trying, it's a bug in the host's server, it took me 3 times to log in as an admin there. As soon as I see your request, if has not been okayed automatically I'll add you and set you to member.

Falcon, you are now a full member

Anyone else that has joined and is not a member vice limited member PM me and we will get you set right. If you have not figured it out I'm the Operations Officer/Gunner and work for Pappy(CO) and Warhawk1130(XO) so it's their ideas that I put into gear when we have an idea for an OP. Anyway welcome aboard and have fun, we're open 24hrs a day and no cover charge.

sp762
June 30th, 2013, 14:47
Looks interesting... Thanks for the pointer.

falcon409
July 2nd, 2013, 17:12
Anyone know where the Server Info is? I see the channel guide, but have yet to find any information on how to connect to the server or to TS3.:isadizzy:

daisan
July 4th, 2013, 12:08
Vampyres from VAAFSE could be your choice

http://www.vaafse.org

kurt190
July 4th, 2013, 23:52
I think UKMil run a VA as well.

kurt

Warhawk1130
July 5th, 2013, 14:27
Old geezers.... INDEED! (as Dr. Smith would say).

Vietnam era up to desert storm...some WW2 and classics on the side. Most of us are over 50, none of us considers ourselves old, cept for strikehawk...he has more aches and pains than a 90 year old. Come on over and have some fun..we talk shop while we fly, and then some. We have alot of Navy vets;

one LT (surface warfare type blackshoe)
two Army types, one is a woman, highly harrassed ;)
one A-4 pilot from the USMC
one airforce refueling jock (storm)
one AZ
one AMS
one AC
one AO
one AME
one AD

And a couple of civvys. Hell, we have almost all the rates in a real squadron LOL

strikehawk
July 5th, 2013, 16:04
Old geezers.... INDEED! (as Dr. Smith would say).

Vietnam era up to desert storm...some WW2 and classics on the side. Most of us are over 50, none of us considers ourselves old, cept for strikehawk...he has more aches and pains than a 90 year old. Come on over and have some fun..we talk shop while we fly, and then some. We have alot of Navy vets;

one LT (surface warfare type blackshoe)
two Army types, one is a woman, highly harrassed ;)
one A-4 pilot from the USMC
one airforce refueling jock (storm)
one AZ
one AMS
one AC
one AO
one AME
one AD

And a couple of civvys. Hell, we have almost all the rates in a real squadron LOL

You know I may have my share of problems but I can STILL READ WHAT YOU POST AZ1:isadizzy:

Warhawk is correct in that we have enough NAVAIR rates for a squadron, I have double rates ABF in the Fleet and AO in the Reserves, so a session can be as correct Navy wise as possible. We also have a Royal Army vet as well. All are welcome since we are not listed in our name on the FS Open site here's the IP for the FSX server

For the TS server password PM either me or Warhawk here or if you have joined up on the club's website.

Warhawk1130
July 5th, 2013, 17:04
[QUOTE=strikehawk;817509 I have double rates ABF in the Fleet and AO in the Reserves[/QUOTE]

what he means is he wasn't content on starting fires with JP5, so he graduated to blowing stuff up instead...LOLOLOL ;)

See how much fun we have?

warchild
July 5th, 2013, 22:43
You know I may have my share of problems but I can STILL READ WHAT YOU POST AZ1:isadizzy:

Warhawk is correct in that we have enough NAVAIR rates for a squadron, I have double rates ABF in the Fleet and AO in the Reserves, so a session can be as correct Navy wise as possible.

Nooowwww.. Dont go liein to the poor folks giving them the wrong ideas.. theres no way we can be correct.. We may have everything exactly correct, but there is no way in hell we could ever hope to lay on the amount of military bull**** we've all had to deal with::Chuckles::.
We have a great time. I love these guys :)..

UKMIL
July 5th, 2013, 23:29
I think UKMil run a VA as well.

kurt

Indeed, our Fleet has some vintage as well as new

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/vms/index.php/fleet

PS, the VA is only open to club members though:salute:

SkippyBing
July 6th, 2013, 00:26
Indeed, our Fleet has some vintage as well as new

Much like real life then, just with the word 'some' in front of vintage rather than new...