PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Petty vs Danica Patrick

Panther_99FS
June 29th, 2013, 16:22
-> http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/06/27/kyle-petty-comments-danica-patrick-nascar-kentucky.html
-> http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/06/28/danica-patrick-responds-to-kyle-petty-criticism.html

In defense of Danica, Kyle didn't exactly have a stellar NASCAR career....

Daveroo
June 29th, 2013, 18:03
i know i never did get to nascar,but i started at 17,in the summer of 1980,well when the season started in mid april,i was still in high school..in 1983 i was "invited" to move to Charlotte to join a busch team,people called me a "natural' from the git go,i was sitting on the pole and setting new track records from the first night of competition,literally, the first night out,as a rookie,i set a new track record,won the dash,my heat and with the inverted starts on dirt tracks back then for the A main,with 35-40 car fields on a 1/4 mile track ,with a 20 lap A main mind you..i finished 2nd.
i didnt have time in go carts or quarter midgets or any of that stuff..i went out..i raced..i raced hard,clean and i won races right away and through out my time as a driver...my point to my seeming braggarting...

i sort of agree with Petty...not that shes not a race car driver...they all are...they were all champions in theyre lower classes,whereever they came from.but just like Dale Jr..she certainly is not what the hype makes her out to be..in no way shape or form..people hate kyle busch..but why?..he can be an ass yes..mouthy.selfish.childish..ect...but he can wheel a race car..he IS good no mater what you think of him..as is Jimmie Johnson,Jeff Gordon,Tony Stewart...but theya got guys like dale jr..he dominated the busch series...made keneth almost look foolish at times...but he just fell flat in cup...mainly after his crash n burn in the corvette on the road course...

who knows..i may well have fallen on my face too....but petty was ( if you watched the interview) compairing danica to his father,darrel waltrip,cale yarlboro,david pearson....and that is what he meant when he said she wasnt a race car driver... end of rant...

trucker17
June 29th, 2013, 18:44
i know i never did get to nascar,but i started at 17,in the summer of 1980,well when the season started in mid april,i was still in high school..in 1983 i was "invited" to move to Charlotte to join a busch team,people called me a "natural' from the git go,i was sitting on the pole and setting new track records from the first night of competition,literally, the first night out,as a rookie,i set a new track record,won the dash,my heat and with the inverted starts on dirt tracks back then for the A main,with 35-40 car fields on a 1/4 mile track ,with a 20 lap A main mind you..i finished 2nd.
i didnt have time in go carts or quarter midgets or any of that stuff..i went out..i raced..i raced hard,clean and i won races right away and through out my time as a driver...my point to my seeming braggarting...

i sort of agree with Petty...not that shes not a race car driver...they all are...they were all champions in theyre lower classes,whereever they came from.but just like Dale Jr..she certainly is not what the hype makes her out to be..in no way shape or form..people hate kyle busch..but why?..he can be an ass yes..mouthy.selfish.childish..ect...but he can wheel a race car..he IS good no mater what you think of him..as is Jimmie Johnson,Jeff Gordon,Tony Stewart...but theya got guys like dale jr..he dominated the busch series...made keneth almost look foolish at times...but he just fell flat in cup...mainly after his crash n burn in the corvette on the road course...

who knows..i may well have fallen on my face too....but petty was ( if you watched the interview) compairing danica to his father,darrel waltrip,cale yarlboro,david pearson....and that is what he meant when he said she wasnt a race car driver... end of rant...

That may be true, in regards to the legends of NASCAR.....But Kyle is not in their class either, he is not doing any more then riding his fathers name.... Richard was instrumental in developing the rules for NASCAR....Richard Petty is and always will be the KING of NASCAR, Kyle is more along the line of the court jester.....
Every driver goes through that phase where they stumble and fall, and Kyle has made his share as has all the drivers in NASCAR.
I'm just waiting for the day Danica starts dishing all the crap these little boys have been doing to her on the track right back at them.....To Quote, Pay back is a BITCH...

Panther_99FS
June 29th, 2013, 18:53
She's in the spotlight with more pressure on her to perform than what's on Ricky Stenhouse Jr. - So I will also give her that too.

EasyEd
June 29th, 2013, 19:24
Hey All,

What exactly is Kyles problem?

Danica in my opinion is generally a bit too timid - think the opposite of Marcos Ambrose aggression on a road course. I've seen her in Indy flat wheel a car - there is none zero zip nada doubt in my mid she can wheel a car (like Tim Richmond? no but probably no man ever born could wheel a car like Richmond) - and Kyle says Danica can wheel a car too.

I really like how she takes care of her equipment but she just doesn't say "Time to go and GO!!" I keep waiting for it and I think it is there but... I don't know why it isn't "ovaries to the wall" as the sayin goes nowdays :icon_lol: (especially when referring to Kyle:bump:) when the time comes. I expect to see some of that this year and more next or maybe just maybe she is a bit timid or perhaps having the GoDaddy car in the face of the viewers matters more - I don't know but we shall see I think the next 18 months will be telling.

-Ed-

Terry
June 30th, 2013, 03:27
Bowyer summed it up best when he told Kyle he best surround himself with chicken wire. :icon_lol:

PRB
June 30th, 2013, 04:00
Is it my imagination, or does there seem to be an inverse correlation between the success of a NASCAR driver and his hostility towards Patrick...? Hmm...

Daveroo
June 30th, 2013, 07:19
what i was getting at in my usual nonsense is...kyles point was..danica will never be in the class his father,darrel,dale,cale,david were in...he NEVER said any thing about he,himself being a good driver,if anything he put himself down..he called himself a "journeyman" which i took to mean,he had done the apprenticeship (rookie) and passed on to journeyman just as have so many other drivers,who were just "drivers" not "RACE CARS DRIVERS" ...im a huge Carl Edwards fan,but i dont believe he will be remembered in 30-50 years from now for much more than being a good interview and his backflips.got to remember...as i was saying,kyle never said he was a race car driver either...he never claimed to be any better than she is..

also if any of you watched trackside ..he said he was sorry for his comments,that he shouldnt have made the comment she wasnt a driver..she is one and allways will be..but he just stopped short of says she wont win a race...i dont think she will either...unless she gets lucky and gets a rain shortened race because of track position.