PDA

View Full Version : Remarkable Photos

Worthless
June 28th, 2013, 12:48
I don't know if anyone has seen these before. What got my attention were the aerial views circa WWll, specifically on page 4 of this photo forum; posts #32, #35 and #40. There is one of La Spezia harbor and more then a few of Normandy and the artificial harbors off the beaches. Since both have been mentioned in threads here at SOH, I thought these might be useful to you who know how to create scenery for CFS2.

http://www.histomil.com/viewtopic.php?f=338&t=9571

kelticheart
July 1st, 2013, 02:25
Thanks Worthless for the h.u!

The picture attached on page 4 of this photo forum is, once again, of the La Spezia Arsenale, the most important Italian navy dockyard for the western Med operations, during WWII.

The picture was taken after the spring 1943 RAF raid, which Rami will turn into a CFS2 mission in the future.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Worthless
July 1st, 2013, 05:22
My pleasure Kelti. I've been getting a great history lesson following SOH, reading the various threads about places around the world I have never heard of and will likely never see. So, when I discovered the aerial photos and remembered your discussions with Rami and Fibber about La Spezia and new scenery for CFS2, it just jumped out at me.