PDA

View Full Version : Blank addon scenery folder.

jjdc
June 27th, 2013, 06:12
In the last couple of days I have noticed that when I go to settings, scenery library the list area is blank, check boxes ticked but no text. All the scenery I have added is there when I go to edit and all the scenery shows up in the sim. I have not added any scenery, I have rebuilt the FSX cfg but it persists. While not a major drama it is a problem for turning off scenery etc.

Has anyone seen this before / know how to correct it.

Cheers

JJDC

fxsttcb
June 27th, 2013, 09:15
In the last couple of days I have noticed that when I go to settings, scenery library the list area is blank, check boxes ticked but no text. All the scenery I have added is there when I go to edit and all the scenery shows up in the sim. I have not added any scenery, I have rebuilt the FSX cfg but it persists. While not a major drama it is a problem for turning off scenery etc.

Has anyone seen this before / know how to correct it.

Cheers

JJDCI helped another simmer with this same issue not too long ago. It seems that a recent scenery addition rewrote the scenery.cfg without any titles!
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX is the location of the "working" scenery.cfg. There is a default copy in the main FSX folder that will show you the titles for the defaults.
Royal PITA, adding them all back in. You could start fresh by replacing the working version with a copy of the default...Don

[Area.115]
Title=Addon Scenery
Local=Addon Scenery
Layer=116
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

dandog
June 27th, 2013, 12:07
I had a similar problem. You will not need to start from scratch. My FSX install with Win XP has three different copies of the scenery.cfg. My FSX install uses the scenery.cfg in my "all users/application data..... " folder when FSX is running. You should also have a scenery.cfg in your FSX main folder. I also have one in my "administrator/application data...." folder. See which one is most complete and build on that one. That's what I did. I then put the rebuilt copy from the "all users/application data...." folder into the other two folders as well. It also stopped FSX from rebuilding the scenery every time I started up FSX. Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a similar file tree (My other three desktop PC's have Win 7 Ultimate, so I am remotely sure of this).

Good Luck, Daniel

jjdc
June 27th, 2013, 16:17
Many thanks to you both. I will look at both solutions and decide a way ahead.

Cheers

JJDC

ncooper
June 27th, 2013, 21:23
Now might be a good moment to start using Scenery Config Editor.
http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Nick