PDA

View Full Version : Can't get P3 Orion Aerostar to show up in FSX

CrisGer
June 24th, 2013, 13:47
I am trying to get the fire bomber repaint of the P3 Orion Aerostar to show up in my FSX install and the plane wont show for selection.

it is the p3_au_as.zip FS9 version that was made by Daisuke Yamamoto. of the P3 A ..i have all the files in the SimObjects folder and the effect in the effects folder but for some reason the plane wont show up in the selection choices.

any suggestions? or any other FSX Orions painted in the distinctive red nose fire fighting livery? i know Mike stone did an old Orion for FS9 but could not find any fire paints for it....but i would be happy to try other models of the P3 if there are any made for FSX.

I found a P3C package that is 70 MB that i am downloadiing but dont know if there is a fire bomber paint for it. Also would like to get the retardant drop effect if possible.

UPDATE: ah i may have been trying to load just the update, i may not have had the entire file yet. will see how it goes.

skyhawka4m
June 24th, 2013, 21:19
I know there is f xi for it...I installed it almost a year ago and frankly I can't remember what it was. I do know that the P-2C fix is needed fo the windows and props for all variants. Check you aircraft.cfg file to make sure its set up for FSX

[fltsim.0]
title=P-3A Orion Aero Union noVC
sim=P-3
model=AU NoVC
panel=
sound=
texture=AU
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N920AU
atc_airline=Firefighter
atc_flight_number=AU
atc_heavy=0
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
ui_manufacturer=Lockheed and Kawasaki
ui_type=Civilian
ui_variation=P-3A Aero Union NoVC
description=
atc_parking_codes=M002,P-3
prop_anim_ratio=0.6
[fltsim.1]
title=P-3A Orion Aero Union VC
sim=P-3
model=AU VC
panel=
sound=
texture=AU
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N920AU
atc_airline=Firefighter
atc_flight_number=AU
atc_heavy=0
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
ui_manufacturer=Lockheed and Kawasaki
ui_type=Civilian
ui_variation=P-3A Aero Union VC
description=
atc_parking_codes=M002,P-3
prop_anim_ratio=0.6

skyhawka4m
June 24th, 2013, 21:29
also...place this in the texture file.....