PDA

View Full Version : Something strange

hurricane3
June 24th, 2013, 11:20
I've found I now have two gauge files,one doesn't have as many gauges as the other and some are duplicates and some not.
I tried to merge them ,but that was a big mistake because I had over a thousand copys ,which I deleted one by one since I didn't want them using up disk space.
Could this have been caused by me having over 450 planes and it ran out of room and created another gauge folder,and why all the copies when I tried to merge them.
Also if I put any new planes it, (doubtful) which gage file would I use ,or doesn't it matter?

hurricane3
June 24th, 2013, 15:47
Doesn't anyone have any ideas why I have two gauge folders?

Rami
June 24th, 2013, 16:45
Hurricane,

You should be able to combine them with no problem.

UncleTgt
June 24th, 2013, 23:56
Hurricane3,

I think the rest of us assume there must be a difference in the folder names (as it's not possible to have two folders with the same name in the same place in the windows "tree" :isadizzy:).

It would also help us in helping you if we had some idea of the operating system, whether you are working in the "default" game location etc. etc. Random problem descriptions that aren't really comprehensive won't get you too many replies ....

Regarding the "copy" gauges I remember an old thread about this, it's something like the game creates them itself - why I don't know...

hurricane3
June 25th, 2013, 07:14
The gauges folders both have the same names.I'am running Windows 7 Home premium Edition ,out side of program files for CFS2.So the path is C:/Combat Flight Simulator2.I'am afraid to try and combine them again because I don't want to have to delete all those copies.
I also am running under administrator under Windows XP compatability mode with UAC turned off.

UncleTgt
June 25th, 2013, 08:26
H3 Sorry, just not possible - there has to be a difference in the names. Could be a . or _ or just a (space)

I just tried it ... (see screenie)

hurricane3
June 25th, 2013, 08:42
What I didn't notice was one was spelled GAUGES and the other was GUAGES ,so I changed the name and it asked if I wanted to merge them and change 44 gauge names to something else ,so I did and I now have one gauge file.Many thanks.
The changing of the gauge names didn't seem to make any difference as I had no choice ,it wouldn't merge them if I didn't let them change the name and it still seems to regognise the gauages for what they are.
I can't figure out where the misspelled GAUGE file came from.

kelticheart
June 26th, 2013, 23:27
Hi TW!

If the duplicates you talk about above have ....001, ....002 ect. in their filenames they are created by CFS2 in order to display working gauges in VC mode. Since I don't like file duplication eating up HDD room myself and I do not like to fly in VC mode, I simply deleted all VC gauges from every panel.cfg file I have.

I then cleared out all of those duplicate gauges that create confusion when building 2d panels and I never saw gauge clones ever since.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

hurricane3
June 27th, 2013, 07:36
Although I prefer to fly in VC mode if avalible your right about the gauges having 002 etc. beside them ,so I'll leave them be.
But thankyou for the info ,I learn so much in these forums because of people like you.
Thankyou so much.