PDA

View Full Version : well,shes gone

Daveroo
June 24th, 2013, 08:48
had to put her down this morning,she went at 9:40am....mom called at the time..i couldnt go..im sittin here just an emotional wreck..ive had a girlfriend die in my hands, watched a friend die in a crash..and other things that were traumatic,but losing my Haley i just cant handle....im a grown man and here i sit in tears...

Quicksand
June 24th, 2013, 08:57
Daveroo, I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it will sound very cliché, but you must know that you did all you could for her. You had seventeen wonderful years together, and I'm sure you must have tons of memories of your time together. I mourn with you as I have been through it too... They become a part of us, and as long as she is in your heart, she isn't really gone. She will live on as a part of you.. I pray the Lord will grant you peace, and ease the pain you are feeling..

WarHorse47
June 24th, 2013, 09:01
Sorry to hear, Daveroo. You have my heart felt sympathies and prayers.

Odie
June 24th, 2013, 09:07
had to put her down this morning,she went at 9:40am....mom called at the time..i couldnt go..im sittin here just an emotional wreck..ive had a girlfriend die in my hands, watched a friend die in a crash..and other things that were traumatic,but losing my Haley i just cant handle....im a grown man and here i sit in tears...

Dave, so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. It's been 5 years since we lost Whitey the cat and I still catch a glimpse of him from time to time out of the corner of my
eye and then he's gone. I think they drop in to see us from time to time, just to let us know they are still with us in spirit. Haley will never leave your heart.

Daveroo
June 24th, 2013, 09:23
thanks guys...yer a great bunch..

ColoKent
June 24th, 2013, 09:36
....I'm sorry.

Kent

Rudyjo
June 24th, 2013, 09:49
Sorry to hear this.
We had to put Katie, our 10 year old Tortie, to sleep two weeks ago. She was 8 when we got her from the shelter.
Everything seemed fine up until the day she quit eating, turned out she had a large mass that was discovered with a "Catscan".
Most people who take a cat from the shelter will pick a young kitten, many older cats remain at the shelter for a very long time.

We take comfort in knowing that the last two years of her life were very happy ones for all of us.
"

Firekitten
June 24th, 2013, 10:03
I remember when I was a little girl, we lost our Yellow Labrador Lucy. She'd been the best friend a kid could have... faithful, doting, caring, and one of the family. The day she was put to sleep, my sister and I had been shunted off to watch tv to distract us. To this day, 15 years later, I still can't watch the Jungle Book... Too many memories of that day. Losing a pet, is doubly hard, because not only ate they a member of the family, but they depend on you, and it feels as though you let them down. Its inescapable, but you can only remember the good times and that their suffering is over.

*hugs*

Rami
June 24th, 2013, 10:17
Daveroo,

I pass along my deepest sympathies. They really do become members of the family, and when you have to make that decision, it hurts. Everyone else in this thread has echoed my other sentiments, so the best I can say is cherish the good memories and keep your chin up. God bless.

beana51
June 24th, 2013, 10:28
Sorry,We All feel your Pain!...I have found our lives are measured in our pet family and friends...nature plays a cruel trick on us..in most instances we out live them.Many years ago,I Buried the family dog,since then that plot of grass ,under a big maple tree is a grave yard..So many,now increased by kids pets,and their kids pets..Of course thinking of them they live on in memories eye...Forget? they are gone..such is life..I found that the Worst word in our language is .." CLOUSER "..God How I hate that word. Its .not for caring ,loving people..And will not be for you!

Navy Chief
June 24th, 2013, 10:42
So, so sorry, Dave. I'm definitely thinking of you and truly understand the pain you are going through....... Pete

glh
June 24th, 2013, 11:11
Dave:

My sincere condolences in this time of your loss. Only time will make the pain ease but you will
never forget her.

Bruce Thompson
June 24th, 2013, 11:20
Sorry to here of your loss Daveroo, nothing more I can say that will help really
but our thoughts are with you and if you need to talk we are here.

Bruce.

SSI01
June 24th, 2013, 11:27
I am so very sorry to hear this, even though it was more or less expected - it's still heartbreaking when it does occur. My deepest sympathies to you for your little friend's passing.

Gdavis101
June 24th, 2013, 12:16
Sorry Dave.. Its never easy and it just gets more difficult as we get older.

Typhoon Willy
June 24th, 2013, 12:45
Dave,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you provided her with a loving home during her time here.

Kind regards,

Bill

arfyhun
June 24th, 2013, 12:55
Standing with you at your time of great sadness my dear friend. I hope peace comes to you soon.

Graham Sullivan.

StormILM
June 24th, 2013, 13:14
Sorry for your loss Dave. I know it hurts, been there myself a number of times and back in February of this year. You're in my thoughts and prayers Sir..... :engel016:

ThinkingManNeil
June 24th, 2013, 13:24
So sorry to hear about your loss, Dave. I have a thirteen year old gray tiger-stripe and fawn coloured tabby named Molly, who, when I brought her home from the shelter, was small enough to fit in the palm of one hand. Has the softest fur of any cat I've ever known or touched; more like rabbit fur than anything else. But she's getting on now, moving slower, pauses and thinks whether she can jump the 2-foot gap from my bed to my desk. She's been very healthy so far, but I know the day is coming when she'll be gone...and I hate that.

N.

TARPSBird
June 24th, 2013, 13:32
Dave, you have my sincere condolences on the loss of Ms. Haley. Our dog Joker has been gone for over a year now and we still miss him, as I'm sure we always will. Hang in there.

Daveroo
June 24th, 2013, 14:08
thanks to everyone....yoour words and thoughts sure help

Sascha66
June 24th, 2013, 14:24
Vicky my great dane died 23 years ago and I still think of her almost every day and miss her! Such a sweet and kind soul she only growled twice in her life ... Never bit anyone ...

I know how you feel and wish you all the best!

Sascha

mikezola
June 24th, 2013, 14:29
Dave-

I've been where you're at, and know the pain- it doesn't seem as long ago as it has been, but I still miss that cat... Don't worry, at the right time her replacement will come along, and you will make new memories with it. I was just doing that today- bonding with the new cat while we chased a chipmunk around my laundry room...

Hang in there... Mike Z.

N2056
June 24th, 2013, 14:46
Dave, I am very sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers head your way in this difficult time.

Javis
June 24th, 2013, 15:57
Very sorry to read this, Dave. I know what you're going thru, been there many times. Don't feel ashamed about sitting there in tears. It's a normal reaction that just shows how much you loved her. The best thing to do is to get yourself another furry friend asap. It will never make you forget your beloved Haley but it will help to ease the pain of losing her more than anything else. They are waiting for you outthere..

I wish you lots of strenght in this difficult time, my friend.

Jan

papab
June 24th, 2013, 18:03
Dave,
I am so sorry for your loss...
The Rainbow Bridge poem has helped me in the past
Your little guy is in a better place now,Dave

My prayers are with you...
Rick

HouseHobbit
June 25th, 2013, 08:39
Dave,
My sincere condolences for your loss, I do understand..
God bless you..
:engel016:

mgchrist5
June 25th, 2013, 09:00
Dave, so sorry to hear of your loss. In a sad coincidence, my fiancee and I had to put down Pearl - our precious stinky little 11yr old kitty - this past Friday. Cancer. It absolutely slayed both of us having to euthanize her at such a relatively modest age. As you said, it hurts every bit as much, if not more, than the loss of some humans.

And I agree 100% with Javis: get yourself another furry buddy ASAP. We're still mourning, but already adopted a 14 week old kitten. There are so many animals out there who're deserving of a good loving home like yours. Time eventually heals all wounds. Good luck to you.

Roger
June 25th, 2013, 10:26
Really sorry to hear this Dave. I've buried too many to have another one...maybe when I get to retire I'll have a nice playful kitten.

burcham8
June 25th, 2013, 10:42
All of us, at least in an emotional sense, have your back on this. I think we're better off by far to have them in our lives even to love for only a little while. Simply expressing the love we have for our pets makes us better people.

Marc

nigel richards
June 25th, 2013, 11:19
We've never spoken before, but I've seen you so many times around here - kinda life and soul.

It sounds like that kitty sure had someone who really cared - she knew that (animals always do!).

So rest assured that you made her life something really special.

Take heart friend!

Nigel

Daveroo
June 25th, 2013, 14:13
again..a heart felt thanks to everyone whos posted here,ive really appreciated it.im nost sure if i posted this last night or not,but we had a pet funeral home come get her little body yesterday afternoon and she will be cremated,she will be returned to me (estimated) this next monday July 1st,and will be in a black cherry wood box,with a brass plate engraved with her name on top.

today i got a call from my sisters boss,we all grew up together,he and his brother are the sons of my mom and dads best friends,,well eddies wife owns/runs a animal rescue in my area and she has arranged to get me a 4 year old female short hair "tuxedo" cat who needs a home..named Dori..no cost to me...ill go get the cat saturday...the way things work out sometimes huh?...

Quicksand
June 25th, 2013, 15:57
Im very happy for you, my friend. Prayers have been answered. :mixedsmi:

robert41
June 25th, 2013, 16:35
Sorry to hear Dave.

Obie311
June 25th, 2013, 18:57
It brought tears to my eyes to read of your loss. Our animals know us and love us in a special intuitive way that humans cannot. In the last 6 years I have lost three wonderful cats and a beautiful German Shepherd. None of it was unexpected and they all had a full life but that realization doesn't make it any easier. The last thing I do each night before I go to bed is look at their pictures and say good night.

Their passing is one more valuable lesson in understanding that we get from them. You are not alone in your grief. Haley will not be forgotten every time you post.

Regards,
Obie

Typhoon Willy
June 25th, 2013, 22:24
Dave,

I'm so glad you've decided to open your home to a cat in need! You have to post a picture of Dori once she gets settled and acquainted with you! Just awesome news!

Bill

mrogers
June 26th, 2013, 01:08
So sorry, my sympathy and condolences. Kind regards, Mark

Great that you're getting a new cat. A new chapter has opened for you. Haley will be very much missed I am sure.

jbtate
June 26th, 2013, 06:49
Daveroo, you have my sympathies in your loss of Haley. I have had similar experiences in 2012 with the losses of my 19 year old soulmate cat Amelia, and young adopted cat Claire. Both taught me that I can only love more. Took in a young grey tiger tabby cat from the local shelter in February this year -- she bopped the brim of my cap from her cage while I was looking at some younger kittens in the cage below her. I'll give Chennault some pets for Haley.
jbtate

Cirrus N210MS
June 26th, 2013, 07:13
sorry to about your loss you will find a cat to love again just like after my dog charles passes i found our current dog dasiy you will ind a new friend aswell