PDA

View Full Version : DCS Summer Sale!

arrowmaker
June 22nd, 2013, 02:28
I've been considering purchasing some DCS products recently, especially their P-51 Mustang. At these prices I don't think I can resist any longer.

The entire range of DCS products will be on sale between 20 and 30 June!

DCS: UH-1H Huey - $19.99
DCS: Combined Arms - $11.99
DCS: P-51D Mustang - $15.99
DCS: Black Shark 2 - $15.99
DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade - $11.99
DCS: A-10C Warthog - $15.99
DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.7 (English DVD box) - $15.99
DCS: Black Shark (DVD box) - $15.99
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 - $29.99
DCS: Black Shark - $7.99

Cirrus N210MS
June 22nd, 2013, 06:06
Goodies! lol

I pickup the P-51D and the UH-1 Both great addons i am Not sure about the A-10C yet

Some flying in the HUEY with a Friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8gMHM66mfM

Ickie
June 22nd, 2013, 07:03
wrong forum for this, i moved from newshalk

arrowmaker
June 22nd, 2013, 08:32
wrong forum for this, i moved from newshalk

I thought because DCS is a completely different sim to FSX that my post should go in Newshawks, rather the the FSX General Discussion. Thanks for moving my post to the correct forum. I'll remember this for any future DCS related posts.

Anyway I just downloaded the P-51 Mustang and had a quick play with the start up procedures. Excellent stuff. Really looking forward to learning how to fly this bird. General consensus, from what I have read, is that it's comparable to, but not as in depth as the A2A Accusim P-51, but with usable weapons.

For the price of $15.99 or just over £10 I think this is an absolute bargain.

Ickie
June 22nd, 2013, 08:41
DCS ? I thought it was an offspring of FSX, enlightnin me, maybe we need a new forum?

stovall
June 22nd, 2013, 08:50
Ickie, DCS stands for Digital Combat Simulator and is a Russian combat sim product. Started with the A-10C, Warthog and is now expanded to include the P-51D and several other products. This is the original Lock On site. You can visit their home page HERE. (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/)

Daveroo
June 22nd, 2013, 08:54
imma pion here...but i think DCS needs its own forum,,seems alot of members use it as ive seen alot of talk about it.

(its hard to type when leaned over to my extreme left....my sick kitty has the entier front section of the desk....lol

Ickie
June 22nd, 2013, 08:57
I put it in the staff forum so maybe we will add this new forum

Lionheart
June 22nd, 2013, 09:07
Ive never heard of it. Interesting.

Any screenshots?

IanHenry
June 22nd, 2013, 10:03
Don't forget you can download DCS World for free, which includes the SU-25, but that's one of their older models and no way near up to the same standard as the A-10, Mustang, FC3 aircraft and Huey (that's great, I bought it yesterday, but it's a bit of a learning experience). The models will take you a while to learn because all the systems are modelled, but note that the aircraft in Flaming Cliffs 3 are not as accurate as the individual modules.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

Ian.

Stefano Zibell
June 22nd, 2013, 10:12
Too bad the sale does not extend to Steam. Would have bought the warthog.

griphos
June 22nd, 2013, 10:43
Actually, I bought the Warthog A-10 through Steam when it was on sale, which it is occasionally. I got the rest through DCS directly though. Steam only has the early Black Shark, not Black Shark II.

I tried out the free DCS world with the Russian jet and wasn't impressed. Then I got the Warthog on a Steam sale and was blown away. The world graphics are nothing like the best FSX addons (Orbx), but they aren't terrible. The aircraft graphics are phenomenal. The virtual cockpits are lifelike. The lighting dynamics are incredible. I don't think DX10 in FSX is as good. It's hyper-realistic. The flight models are very, very good. I got the Huey and the KA-50. Don't have the P-51 yet, nor am I sure I will get it, since I'm quite happy with the A2A birds, but the possibility of dogfighting in her is tempting. There's no helicopter you can get for FSX that is as good as the DCS Huey (I have the Dodo and the Aerosoft Huey...which no longer works with my controls correctly anyway).

If you are into complex systems, almost completely modeled with full fidelity, excellent flight dynamics and unparalleled virtual cockpits, then you should check DCS out. They are still developing, and a new terrain engine is in process.

Stefano Zibell
June 22nd, 2013, 14:14
To be honest I am still waiting for something more versatile. There are many promising projects underway, to name a couple, the AV-8B and the Eurofighter Typhoon that are postponed in favor of jet trainers that are rather pointless in a combat simulator. I Guess it's the way the developers found to hone their skills before embarking on more complex projects, but it still leaves us lacking a modern multirole fighter.

I hear there's an F-18C coming from the in-house team, though.

arrowmaker
June 29th, 2013, 09:02
Just thought I'd make folks aware of the fact that tomorrow is the last day of the DCS sale.

Stefano Zibell
July 11th, 2013, 10:12
DCS: A-10C is 60% off on Steam. I Think I'll finally get it!