PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft CFG. tweak?

Hanimichal
January 12th, 2009, 06:57
I need change new dinamic flight and add afterburner, and more force too airplane
how can I understand the Aicraft CFG.?

harleyman
January 12th, 2009, 07:07
Hi...Although I never have done this there are some good guides as to how its done..... Sorry...this is a pay tweaker..I'll get more info...hang on

Here is one of them...
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1152

If you need better or more help please just ask....

Here is a tool that can help locate what you are after..i do not know what changes you need to make for what you are after though...sorry.....http://www.download-provider.com/download-k:FSX%20Aircraft%20ToolBox.html?aff.id=1330 and you need to regester

Dangerous Beans
January 12th, 2009, 10:18
If you have the deluxe or gold edition of FSX install the SDK.
All the info you need is in there.

(I assume the gold edition comes with the SDK, someone correct me if it doesn't)

harleyman
January 12th, 2009, 11:17
You are right ..The gold is Exaztly as the other,it just includes Acceleration with it in the box...

Sorry I'm not more help ....

Shylock
January 12th, 2009, 11:19
For what plane are you looking to do this and what type of changes would you like to see?

Hanimichal
January 12th, 2009, 13:59
Thanks for this information

For what plane are you looking to do this and what type of changes would you like to see?

Boeing_T45C http://a.imagehost.org/0094/Boeing_T_45C.jpg

my video
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyUoz3l0S4

I need more estability for this airplan and afterburner

harleyman
January 12th, 2009, 14:51
Hey Hanimichael.....Sorry I came up with nothing better on this...Be patient as there are some builders here that will respond hopefully that really know what they are doing.....:wavey:

N332DW
January 13th, 2009, 08:34
carrier ops / unassited deck takeoff ? ;; formation flight with good performance in the vertical?

be specific or do you just want this to fly like an f-18?

fliger747
January 13th, 2009, 10:18
If you want to get into this I think a good first step is Jerry Beckwith's Airwrench. He does charge a small fee, about $20 or so for full activation, but you can download and look at your planes charcteristics and see what features it has for free.

mudpond.org is his site.

T.

Hanimichal
January 13th, 2009, 15:11
carrier ops / unassited deck takeoff ? ;; formation flight with good performance in the vertical?

be specific or do you just want this to fly like an f-18?

This plane seems an amusement park
but it is easy to fly, so I want stability in dinamic flight and strength in the jet for take off without catapult in Carrier in multiplayer game

Shylock
January 14th, 2009, 13:52
Can you post the aircraft.cfg file here. You can tweak up the cfg alot. Here's a example.

Some people found it could make for better flight in formation by tweaking the [flight_tuning] section. What we did seeing the real Blue Angel F/A-18C Hornets use a big old 40lb spring attached to the flight stick to enable them to fly much tighter. Which in some cases is the reason we have yet to see a female pilot in the Blue Angels. Imagine trying to hold 40lbs in one hand for over a hour during the demo.

Here's what the flight tuning we were thinking of using to achieve this feel

[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0
parasite_drag_scalar = 1.5
induced_drag_scalar = 1.5
elevator_effectiveness = 2.0
aileron_effectiveness = 2.0
rudder_effectiveness = 2.0
pitch_stability = 2.0
roll_stability = 2.0
yaw_stability = 1.5
elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

Everything before was pretty much all at number 1. We found that by adjusting these numbers a bit were able to get close to having that feel of a 40lb spring added. But after some testing we have gone back to the standard cfg flight tuning.

Tooling around with the Elevator, aileron effectiveness might give you better response. Now to make the plane fly faster try editing this one

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain = 0.006 //Gain on fuel flow
inlet_area = 4.2895 //Square Feet, engine nacelle inlet area
rated_N2_rpm = 16728 //RPM, second stage compressor rated value
static_thrust = 11000 //Lbs, max rated static thrust at Sea Level
afterburner_available = 6 //Afterburner stages available?
afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.80 //Percent of throttle range where a/b begins
reverser_available = 0 //Thrust reverser available?
ThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 0.81 //Thrust specific fuel consumption (Jets)
AfterBurnThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 1.74 //TSFC with afterburn/reheat engaged

Make sure you back up your original cfg some where first before you change anything. Hope this helps

fliger747
January 14th, 2009, 19:05
Some adjustment of flight parameters is possible through the above mentioned sliders in the cfg file, but the real handling is still mostly controled by the tables and entries in the air file. Aired, and Aircraft Airfile Manager are two of the several programs to access and modify such files directly.

Page down the forums at SOH and you will find a flight dynamics forum specifically for discussion and resolution of such issues.

Cheers: T.