PDA

View Full Version : If Benny Hill were alive today...

Dangerousdave26
June 20th, 2013, 17:42
I think he'd laugh his **s off. :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ4hmKGKjbM

PRB
June 20th, 2013, 18:03
Ok, that's funny right there. I know funny, and that's funny.

FlameOut
June 20th, 2013, 18:13
Why, 'ol Benny is at the controls of that RC car himself ! :salute: ...for that little salute he always gave us.

Panther_99FS
June 20th, 2013, 18:36
:icon_lol::icon_lol::ernae::icon_lol:

dmaloof
June 20th, 2013, 19:19
:salute:miss him

AussieMan
June 20th, 2013, 19:38
Laughed so hard tears ran down my legs :salute:.

Terry
June 21st, 2013, 04:13
He was runnin all the flavor off them beeves! I take it he was not the owner, but it's funny.

arfyhun
June 21st, 2013, 06:14
Oh yes, brilliant. It's a shame we don't see Benny Hill on the tele here any more. The 'Lesbian Left' and other McCarthy-ist-ism subtypes have seen to that....for now.
You can add to the list those 'removed'...for now...Jim Davidson and Freddie Starr to name two. They have been pushed out by our new unelected promoters of equality; vision; sound and thought.
All we're left with is a load of 'token homosexuals' and unfunny people who think comedy is the free use of foul and insulting language, something anyone over ten years of age in G.B. already has mastered.

Bring back the 60's.

Graham.

Terry
June 21st, 2013, 08:42
Bring back the 60's.

Graham.

I hear that, everything was better back then, except no net.

AndyG43
June 21st, 2013, 09:50
Oh yes, brilliant. It's a shame we don't see Benny Hill on the tele here any more. The 'Lesbian Left' and other McCarthy-ist-ism subtypes have seen to that....for now.
You can add to the list those 'removed'...for now...Jim Davidson and Freddie Starr to name two. They have been pushed out by our new unelected promoters of equality; vision; sound and thought.
All we're left with is a load of 'token homosexuals' and unfunny people who think comedy is the free use of foul and insulting language, something anyone over ten years of age in G.B. already has mastered.

Bring back the 60's.

Graham.

Benny Hill's show wasn't pulled for reasons of political correctness, ITV cancelled it because it cost a fortune to make & his ratings were dropping like a stone. Hill's humour was unsophisticated, and audiences were looking for something more nuanced; his style just didn't fit anymore, he couldn't (or wouldn't) change that style, so a commercial decision was made not to commission a new series.

Now, with the passage of time, we can appreciate his humour anew; that's not to say that all modern comedy is bad (although you seem to think so), but it is nice to catch up with some of these old favourites - ITV4 pick up on some of these from time to time (they had a mini season of Tommy Cooper shows a few months back, much to my joy), so worth keeping an eye out in that direction.

I don't, however, share your opinion of Jim Davidson who I always found offensive; different strokes, I guess. And I would suggest that the reason neither Davidson or Starr are going to get anywhere near a TV screen at the moment is less to do with "leftie lesbians" and more to do with the fact that they are both being investigated by the police following some very serious accusations; innocent until proven guilty, obviously, but if they are found guilty I personally would be happy to see neither of them again.