PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Tracks Problem

expat
June 20th, 2013, 02:27
Had the Nimitz and Ike in all the right places previously but somewhere along the line they have disappeared - strangely with the one exception of the Maui carrier.

Have tried just about everything, e.g., different times of the day, fresh reload of Javier's Nimitz v2, fresh reload of Carriers 1 and 2 bgl's; placing bgl's in their own folder activated in Addon Scenery vs. Scenery/World/Scenery etc; ships traffic slider at 100%. I have other AI aircraft where they should be so I don't think it is a stray FS9 traffic file wiping out the FSX AI, but it seems like something else is suppressing them from appearing. They are of course hard to find visually but I have also tested in proximity of tracks with the RFN TACAN gauge and no trace, though the TACAN picks up the SDB Big E on its tracks (and all boats in AICarriers).

Nimitz models work normally in AICarriers but not with David's tracks. Also, I also reloaded all of the saved mission/flights that came with the Carrier Tracks download and I had hovering aircraft with no boats in any of them - except oddly for Corpus Christi and Tokyo (day).

Any suggestions?

fxsttcb
June 20th, 2013, 03:44
I had problems with the Carrier Tracks too. I found that putting all of my traffic files(including the defaults) in Alpha-Numeric folders, and use the menu to activate/disable them, allowed me to troubleshoot.
I don't remember exactly what files conflicted, but, now I simply disable all of my traffic, except "Carrier Tracks", and those work when I want them. Might be worth a try...Don

expat
June 20th, 2013, 04:56
Makes sense. Will try that - thanks Don!