PDA

View Full Version : A few questions?

rayhere48
June 19th, 2013, 19:28
I am thinking about getting Prepar3d and have a few questions. Does it have any atc, such as FSX? Also what kind of license I should get. I am not a developer so that one seems pointless. I guess it would be the $49 one, but I was thinking that I should I should try the monthly first to see it P3D fits me. Thanks for any help.

AussieMan
June 19th, 2013, 20:21
Try the monthly version if you have doubts otherwise the Academic version is the way to go.

And yes it does have ATC as basically P3D is a much improved version of FSX.

Lionheart
June 19th, 2013, 20:31
You can do the one payment only, 30 days. That will answer all your questions.

rayhere48
June 20th, 2013, 08:44
Ok you are probably going to hate this next question but, there was a discussion at p3d forums about when there is an update to 2.0, that we would have to buy it over again. Now that is how Xplane works. Has any one heard this (I do not want to spread rumors and am not a troll) just want to know if this is right? That is like buying FSX more than one time. I did get the monthly lic and so far it seems ok.

Meshman
June 20th, 2013, 09:29
That is like buying FSX more than one time.

No, it's like having FS9 and having to pay for FSX. Any incremental updates have been free, so far. Full-dot releases, ie 1.x to 2.x are considered new products. And you do not have to buy them, the 1.x would still work.