PDA

View Full Version : TWA 800 coverup

Landman
June 19th, 2013, 07:55
Just read this story and all I could say is why? Some former NTSB retirees have come forward after retirement when their bosses can no longer threaten them and said that multiple eyewitness accounts of a missile ascending from the ground to TWA 800 are correct and the investigation did turn up evidence of an explosion and that the official version of fuel vapors in a tank simply reaching their flash point and igniting was all a lie and coverup. They claim the CIA intimidated them into covering up the real evidence. If this is true then who is really responsible and what is the reason for the coverup? If it was an act of terrorism then why cover it up?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/twa-flight-800-crash-investigation-ntsb-141624708.html

pfflyers
June 19th, 2013, 08:32
When I read something like this it makes me wonder about the producers of this documentary. Have they long believed there was a coverup involving flight 800 and they've just now compiled enough evidence to make their movie, or did they uncover this evidence unsolicited and find it so compelling that they decided they had to share it?

beana51
June 19th, 2013, 08:35
A Volatile subject....While it has become a controversy,its those family's who at once want to accept the cause,and now have to relieve the horror.We of course have Can only believe what we heard was the truth!...It seems lately one can no longer believe our Government..as witnessed by the days news....And That is the Real tragedy!.....conspiracy theory's Sell Books,always have and always will...Our 1st Amendment allows us that right...but Government involved in cover up ,or lies?..Yes it has happened! so it begs the Question What Is Truth!

Lawman
June 19th, 2013, 09:38
(...) It seems lately one can no longer believe our Government (...)

In that case you should be just as much (or even more) worried about the press.

Terry
June 19th, 2013, 09:45
There were responsible and respectable people such as cops and a pilot that claimed to have seen a missile of some type streak up from the water and hit the plane. Who knows, we will all have to decide for ourselves who we believe.

mgchrist5
June 19th, 2013, 10:06
I trust the government and the media about as far as I can throw them (which unfortunately isn't very far :mixedsmi:)....however I'm also very suspicious of conspiracy theorists. That being said, there's always been some compelling evidence to call into question the NTSB findings. The article mentions that most of the parties involved in this latest movie have stepped forward recently only after retirement in order to avoid damaging their careers. However, this also begs the question that if these people genuinely believed there was a government cover-up, do they honestly think they're "safe" just because they're now retired...if ya know what I mean? I'm not doubting their version of events, but I'm curious to see what new revelations this show reveals.

beana51
June 19th, 2013, 11:09
I Remember The Head FBI Investigator Kallstrom,at the time I thought he did a great job,, He Had Friends in that Plane,...The List of all involved were out standing men and women.Who gave us the explanation,..now we have other outstanding Men and Women bringing up charges..17 yrs later...It begs the Question why the Silence? Any one of them ,like a Man ,Stand up and Ask those questions then?..but no,they filled their time ,got paid,and now retired...With Pay.

Now a Film comes out,Everything is now being done to raise interest..The People involved in real life,now can be compensated for their 17 yr old memories....At First its a Plausible Possible thing..but then it seems Plausible Impossible....It Stinks Hollavood style.. And the tradition of Distortion,Lies,Character Assignations, and for what??? The good Ole Yankee Dollar Of course.... today Our Government is under some scrutiny for Lying under oath...Having temporary Amnesia!..Cannot remember yesterday much less 17 yrs ago....Add to that Eye Witnesses who are the worst source for facts....Sorry for those family's...Dragged thru this horror again,left now with a doubt for the rest of their lives

like A Titianic Movie This will gross well at the Box office!

SSI01
June 19th, 2013, 11:11
MGC - Agree with you, looking forward to what the documentary says. Knowing the system like I do, if you're a fed and you've got something like this you want to talk about, you wait until that retirement rolls 'round to talk so your pay is no longer governed by your organization or agency, but rather by the Office of Personnel Management - a separate and distinct agency, a very complex administrative rabbit warren. If you're a disgruntled agency head worried about this sort of thing, and those pesky question-askers begin talking and it's upsetting you or your prospects, it's a lot harder to screw around with someone's retirement through OPM than it is with their pay, bonuses, advancements, step increases, and so forth while they work for you. So, for them to wait until they're retired makes a lot of sense, actually. There were people with LE, aviation and scientific backgrounds who did see something unexplained occur near the aircraft at the time/place of its loss - this is a matter of record. Also, consider the exact wording of the FBI summary of the incident - I believe they said this was not the result of a "criminal event" or "criminal activity." Could it therefore be the result of an "accidental" or "inadvertent" event or activity? Gotta parse those statements carefully - remember the controversy over "is"?

Naismith
June 19th, 2013, 11:33
Does the US not have something akin to the Official Secrets Act (UK)? Even post retirement the OSA is binding, not that I have any secrets worth talking about of course. I'm always suspicious of whistleblowers way after the event when they think they are safe. What ever happened to having the courage of your convictions? This is why all these conspiracy theories fall flat, they have no substance other than in the imagination of the imaginer. I put them in the same box as UFO's and paranormal activities. It's all hokum. Governments and their agencies aren't that clever that they can maintain cover ups. Ockham's razor applies in all these cases. :stop: :sleep:

srgalahad
June 19th, 2013, 13:29
Relax!
It's all a promo exercise for the planned 2018 release of another installment of the on-going adventures of cryptologist Benjamin Franklin Gates. An ageing Nicholas Cage will discover a clue that sets him off on a quest for Amelia Earhart, the missing Flight 19, Howard Hughes' killer and probably the watery grave of Jimmy Hoffa and ends up with him unlocking a sealed underwater vault that houses the true map of Wrong-way Corrigan's intended flight plan to Stalin's secret island base off Murmansk.

National Treasure 6: Secrets of the Skies! Coming to a smartphone near you!

Daveroo
June 19th, 2013, 14:51
Relax!
It's all a promo exercise for the planned 2018 release of another installment of the on-going adventures of cryptologist Benjamin Franklin Gates. An ageing Nicholas Cage will discover a clue that sets him off on a quest for Amelia Earhart, the missing Flight 19, Howard Hughes' killer and probably the watery grave of Jimmy Hoffa and ends up with him unlocking a sealed underwater vault that houses the true map of Wrong-way Corrigan's intended flight plan to Stalin's secret island base off Murmansk.

National Treasure 6: Secrets of the Skies! Coming to a smartphone near you!

cynic.............:icon_eek:

Allen
June 20th, 2013, 16:50
Does the US not have something akin to the Official Secrets Act (UK)? Even post retirement the OSA is binding, not that I have any secrets worth talking about of course. I'm always suspicious of whistleblowers way after the event when they think they are safe. What ever happened to having the courage of your convictions? This is why all these conspiracy theories fall flat, they have no substance other than in the imagination of the imaginer. I put them in the same box as UFO's and paranormal activities. It's all hokum. Governments and their agencies aren't that clever that they can maintain cover ups. Ockham's razor applies in all these cases. :stop: :sleep:

If what they say is true. The US Equivalent of the UK Official Secrets Act can't help the US governmen once they talk. Infact it helps the whistleblowers if the US government tries to use it against them. No they are not safe but given they are retired this means they are likely in there late 50s to 60s and unwilling to take a government coverup to there grave.