PDA

View Full Version : FSX is jaming my PC

VaporZ
January 12th, 2009, 04:44
I have a strong Dell Desktop with a top performing
Graphic Card and Windows XP.

It is scandisked and cleaned very often.

No problem with FSX. A very stable 20 fps without problems

The opening of FSX is by far longer than FS9 but it is
probably normal. The same for the downloading of a free flight or a
mission ie by far longer than FS9.

My problem is when I quit a free flight.
After using "Escape", I click "End of Flight" and bam !!!
My Pc is fully jammed including the keyboard.

The only option I have is to shut off manually my PC.
When reopenned, Windows XP set me an obligatory
ScanDisk exercise each time !!!!!

Can you help me ?
:help:
VaporZ

MCDesigns
January 12th, 2009, 05:37
As for the opening/start up. FSX loads more than FS9, so it is going to take a little longer. The more aircraft you have installed, scenery activates has am impact also.

Can't help with the lockup. does your PC not have a reset button? That would eliminate the ScanDisk deal.

Helldiver
January 12th, 2009, 05:49
One, do you defrag your computer at least once a week? Do you have a lot in your start up menu? Have you checked your registry for unwanted items? Finally, I find it helps by going through a restart before running FSX. For one reason or another you got FSX constipation.

cheezyflier
January 12th, 2009, 05:56
get alacrity pc and shut off any unneccesary processes running in the background.

harleyman
January 12th, 2009, 06:02
Your puter seems slightly out of tune...

Clean the regestry with this..
http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048

Defragg often........

Shut down all un needed processes ( as mentioned alacricy is great for that) by Ken Salter..

Try running memtest..You will need to burn it to a disk as its an ISO file and runs off boot up via the disk you make..Its easy to do....

Cazzie
January 12th, 2009, 06:20
If you have Vista, hit Ctrl > Alt > Delete and open the Task Manager, then shut down the Application, it will return to your desktop.

Clean the Registry and Defrag often after long flights. Also FSX is even worse than FS9 for trying to do several different flights in one sessions. You fps will start dropping drastically the further you go until you get a freeze. Plan your mission or flight and do it, then get out do a quick defrag using a freeware program such as Smart Defrag or Auslogics Defrag, both good, just don't hit the Optimise in Smart Defrag or you'll be hours. I have payware O & O Defrag 11 and I do what is called a STEALTH defrag in that for quick defragging. I do a SPACE defrag once a week at night while I am a bed and COMPLETE defrag once a month. It makes a world of difference, believe me.

Caz

Buddha13
January 12th, 2009, 11:01
Hi all,
Here is my two penneth.Have you tried closing by pressing Ctrl+C
I also suggest you try these 2 programs Advanced System Care free version and Smart Defrag.
Get them from here.
www.iobit.com (http://www.iobit.com)

Buddha13

SkippyBing
January 12th, 2009, 11:25
I had a similar problem on my laptop post SP2, I'm not sure if I've solved it as such, but if I run in windowed instead of full screen mode it no longer hangs up.