PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Aerosoft Huey

griphos
June 18th, 2013, 06:53
I'm hoping someone here can help with this since Aerosoft support has been considerably less than helpful. So, sorry for the detailed wall of text, but I want to clearly explain the problem.

I have the Aerosoft Huey. I got it because next to the Dodo, it seems to have tried to create a realistic FDE for a helicopter. I've been pleased with it. But a few months ago I bought an Xbox 360 controller for some other games (TS2013 mostly). I tried to fly the Huey again recently and the cyclic (joystick) wouldn't work. I noticed that I could control cyclic with my Xbox controller, even though it is not set up as a controller in FSX in any way. The rudder worked fine with my rudder pedals.

So, I looked on the Aerosoft forum, and found a thread where others had this problem and Aerosoft explained that they intercept the controller inputs so they can inject realistic dynamics. They created a joystick config tool in their Launcher to try to fix problems this method of intercepting controls creates for some users. I tried the tool in Launcher but it didn't work. So, I unplugged my Xbox 360 controller and tried again and the cyclic (joystick) now worked as it should but the rudder pedals did not. The brake axes of the pedals worked (x and y...but not the z axis). I tried plugging back in the Xbox controller, but neither the joystick nor the rudder pedals worked. I tried setting up the CH pedals in the config tool from the launcher, but that didn't change anything. I can control the rudders with the Z axis of my joystick as long as my Xbox controller is not plugged in, but I DO NOT have the Z axis of my joystick assigned in FSX, so I'm not sure why that is happening, and I DO NOT want to control the rudder that way. I have very expensive rudder pedals for that. Besides, using the z-axis on my joystick also seems to affect collective (since the needle on the indicator moves significantly when I twist the joystick), so that's not a solution anyway.

What I asked Aerosoft, without an answer, was how to delete whatever changes were made by the joystick config tool in Launcher so that I can try again with just FSX assignments and the Xbox 360 unplugged? I tried unassigning all axes in the tool, but that made no difference. Reassigning axes in FSX didn't make a difference. Everything works fine will all other aircraft. No axes are assigned in FSUIPC (every axis and controller I rescan and move in FSUIPC's assignment screen shows "report directly to FSX"). Anyone have any knowledge about this? Anyone have this problem and find a solution?

I have to say that after many, many Aerosoft purchases, I'm pretty disappointed in their customer service and am not sure I'll be getting anything else from them. I appreciate that they have to go to great lengths to create a realistic flight experience for a helicopter within the confines of FSX, but if the method they use to do that creates problems for some users and some normal system/controller setups, I expect them to work with those people to resolve the problem.