PDA

View Full Version : Dominion vs Borg - Who Wins?

Panther_99FS
June 15th, 2013, 15:14
http://www.startrek.com/boards-topic/33351946/dominion-vs-the-borg?page=1

Meshman
June 15th, 2013, 17:07
Humph, don't think I'll ever recover those 45 seconds reading that thread.... :costum:

pilottj
June 15th, 2013, 17:19
Interesting question. If the Borg attacked right after the Dominion war, while the Dominion was still recovering, the Borg might be victorious early, but in a long drawn out war, I think the Dominion would win. The Dominion would have superior numbers of ships and soldiers while the Borg may hold an advantage in technological knowledge. I believe in warfare, especially in a long drawn out war, greater numbers will ultimately beat better technology.

Actually I would think the Dominion would have been a possible ally with the Borg. They both shared a similar vision of bringing order to 'chaotic' universe. The Founders were sort of a 'collective' themselves with their great link. Had the Dominion allied with the Borg, I think the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance (even with Cardassian resistance movement) would have been over matched. Their only hope would have been to ally themselves with a 'god like' race such as maybe the Prophets, Q Continuum, Traveller...etc. :mixedsmi:

Cheers
TJ

ViperPilot2
June 15th, 2013, 19:39
Interesting question. If the Borg attacked right after the Dominion war, while the Dominion was still recovering, the Borg might be victorious early, but in a long drawn out war, I think the Dominion would win. The Dominion would have superior numbers of ships and soldiers while the Borg may hold an advantage in technological knowledge. I believe in warfare, especially in a long drawn out war, greater numbers will ultimately beat better technology.

Actually I would think the Dominion would have been a possible ally with the Borg. They both shared a similar vision of bringing order to 'chaotic' universe. The Founders were sort of a 'collective' themselves with their great link. Had the Dominion allied with the Borg, I think the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance (even with Cardassian resistance movement) would have been over matched. Their only hope would have been to ally themselves with a 'god like' race such as maybe the Prophets, Q Continuum, Traveller...etc. :mixedsmi:

Cheers
TJ

It's like Ahdar Ru'afo of the Son'a said in Insurrection... everyone could smell blood coming from the Federation; the Dominion War weakened Starfleet and the Fed considerably and would have turned into a war of attrition for the Fed if the Dominion hadn't surrendered.

A Borg-Founder hybrid? A cybernetic shapeshifter? That's a scary thought!

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/stock/smiley-character0081.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

EasyEd
June 16th, 2013, 07:43
Hey All,

I think all that would need to be done is to beam tribbles aboard enemy ships and the federation would be safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ6LC-olw9Q

They would have no tribble after that! :icon_lol:

-Ed-

Tom Clayton
June 16th, 2013, 20:08
Once the Borg assimilated one Vorta, that new drone's military intelligence would be spread throughout the collective. At that point, the Borg would know they need to shift their priority to the cloning and Katracel-white facilities. Without their white, the Jem-Hadar will die, and unless the Borg nanites were capable of ridding them of their genetic addiction, they would be useless as drones. I suppose that Borg tech could conceivably be configured to form sub-cutaneous Ketracel-white synthesizers, but I believe that this would be considered too much of an imperfection to the Borg, making them an undesirable assimilation candidate.

The next question is what would happen when the Borg finally set foot on the Founders' home planet. Remember, they already have the Vorta's knowledge and technology. There's really nothing they need on the Founders' planet, so I'm guessing they look around and leave.

Daveroo
June 17th, 2013, 08:19
.................................:isadizzy: