PDA

View Full Version : Cool Gun Effects !!

EgoR64
October 4th, 2008, 17:03
:wavey:

Hi All,

Was playing around with the Spitfire from AF Scrub from Simviation, has some Gun effects on it(fx_Wing_Guns.fx) that can be mapped to your Joystick Fire Button. Anyways Great Bird, but wanted these effects on Piglets OH-6A, LOL - Is very cool indeed, Main Gun fires with the Landing Lights and the M-60- Pig fires with the Strobe and is mapped to my Joystick Fire Button ->

Fun, been slowly converting all military birds with this capability,

Here is the addition aircraft.cfg file for OH-6A ->

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.6=5, 3.90, -3.47, -2.31, fx_Wing_Guns
light.7=2, 1.70, 3.40, -2.40, fx_Wing_Guns

Oh yea, Can even have your AI shooting at Ya in Mission using SimVar by Jim Kier using the FXTRACK Function, Oh Baby Super Fun, Have AI Chase ya Down and be Shooting at ya.............

May be fun for some -

pics ->

MCDesigns
October 4th, 2008, 17:14
very cool! Wonder if I can attach those as an effect to an object in Gmax and have them randomly shoot at me when flying over from the jungle, hmmmmmmmm...........

Piglet
October 4th, 2008, 19:10
Cool! But that M-134 Minigun needs a cool high-speed gun effect. With a real deep tearing sound...:wavey:
Same goes for other planes with Gatling-type cannons/guns..

EgoR64
October 5th, 2008, 03:45
Cool! But that M-134 Minigun needs a cool high-speed gun effect. With a real deep tearing sound...:wavey:
Same goes for other planes with Gatling-type cannons/guns..

I agree, however cool the effect is, it does lack the proper sound effect, I may be able to create somthin better. I did notice you had the correct attach points though, hope some future gunning is possible !!

Thanks and Many Cheers !! :ernae:

chinookmark
October 5th, 2008, 04:19
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/Chinookmark/Flightsim/Dr1guns3.jpg

//------------ Guns ----------------------uses strobe
light.0=2, 2.0, 0.5, 0.5, fx_Wing_Guns
light.1=2, 2.0, -0.5, 0.5, fx_Wing_Guns

EgoR64
October 5th, 2008, 17:55

MC - Yepper you can have the Object Shoot at You given an Area rectangle using a Proxy Trig in a Mission if you want.

Mark, Great shot, looks like WWI from Abacus Correct ?? Want to get this.

Remixed my Chop Attack - LOL - Bored and the Rum be a Plenty - Arrrghhh,

Piglets OH6A and RazBams Skyraider with the Guns Effects Ripping it up !!:d

http://www.simtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=66b805ba50e42ad71574

Cheers !!

N332DW
October 6th, 2008, 06:01
why not use the FXtool and edit the effect to include a looping .wav of a gatlin ?. i've added a humming sound to my gun effect. the only problem is that when someone else in multiplayer comes in with the same plane and has his lights turned on,, (my guns are gauge controlled cabin lights) i hear the guns constanly. also there is a significant doppler effect dependng on where there are pointing , it either goes to a low rumble or a high pitched whine, so i only put the guns on planes i know people seldom use.

chinookmark
October 6th, 2008, 07:31

Mark, Great shot, looks like WWI from Abacus Correct ?? Want to get this.

Cheers !!

No, it's the freeware Dr1 everyone keeps talking about.

http://www.neoqb.com/fokker/