PDA

View Full Version : fixing mesh voids

UncleTgt
June 13th, 2013, 14:04
Paging Mr Rhumbaflappy, please pick up the white paging phone ...:sheep:

Dick,

I've come across some small mesh voids whilst finishing off the volcanic islands at the west end of New Britain (for CFS 2). There are a couple of localised spots where the mesh goes below sea level. They look like cloud/ steam/ ash cloud shadows(?), & I've managed to fix most of them with some neat A16N flattens from FSSC that look pretty realistic, but Tolokiwa Island (S6* 18.82', E147* 35.66') is just too large a feature to "fill" realistically without a lot of work - see the screenie.

Any help/advice gratefully received.

UT

rhumbaflappy
June 14th, 2013, 13:26
Hi UT.

I made an LOD9 elevation BGL. It seems to take care of the problem. It is from ASTER elevation data ( ASTER GDEM ). The LOD9 over-rides the LOD8 mesh. It can go into the same folder as other mesh, or in a project folder. ( Now you know why I never made an LOD9 mesh set. You can use LOD9 to correct LOD7 or LOD8 data errors ).

Dick

UncleTgt
June 15th, 2013, 12:05
Dick, :salute: Thanks so much!

I really didn't expect a complete LOD 9 fix :greenbo: Cheers, I owe you a beer :guinness:

UncleTgt
May 5th, 2014, 12:18
Just logging this one for future reference.

Whilst flying North from Victoria Australia on a long range recon of Jap held Papua New Guinea (trying out a port over of AF Scrubs P43 Lancer in CFS 2), I came across 3 distinct spikes in the LOD 8 mesh.

The attached screenie gives the latitude & longitude.

If you ever get to looking at the LOD 8 for eastern PNG ...:encouragement:

rhumbaflappy
May 6th, 2014, 09:42
Looks like Jaws 3.

UncleTgt
May 6th, 2014, 23:58
...cue music...:black_eyed: