PDA

View Full Version : Jason Leffler dies after wreck

eddie
June 12th, 2013, 21:36
Jason Leffler dies after a wreck at a race. Sad to hear, may he rest in peace.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/jason-leffler-dies-after-sprint-car-wreck-bridgeport-speedway-061213#!fVGpD

stansdds
June 13th, 2013, 02:47
Sad news.

Daveroo
June 13th, 2013, 05:17
this hit me hard this morning,lefturn was one of my favorite open wheel dirt car drivers,this really bothers me,if you look at the car....its not what you expect to see..i just hope he was strapped in tight.and it was a freak deal.

Panther_99FS
June 13th, 2013, 15:10
Sad news.

Agreed....
On a bigger picture perspective, I wonder if this will have any effect on the Cup folks that run in Stewart's dirt races....:ques:

stansdds
June 14th, 2013, 02:31
Agreed....
On a bigger picture perspective, I wonder if this will have any effect on the Cup folks that run in Stewart's dirt races....:ques:

Perhaps they will take measures to improve driver safety. It took the death of Dale Earnhardt to make head restraint devices mandatory in NASCAR. NASCAR now fields some of the safest race cars the world has ever seen.

Daveroo
June 14th, 2013, 09:00
From Jayski.com and UStoday,

Jason Leffler died from a blunt force neck injury, an autopsy revealed Thursday. The Delaware County (Pa.) Medical Examiner ruled Leffler's cause of death was the neck injury he sustained when his car impacted the wall at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey during a Wednesday night sprint car race

stansdds
June 15th, 2013, 04:44
Shades of Dale Earnhardt. :frown:

Panther_99FS
June 15th, 2013, 13:26
Perhaps they will take measures to improve driver safety. It took the death of Dale Earnhardt to make head restraint devices mandatory in NASCAR. NASCAR now fields some of the safest race cars the world has ever seen.

Hopefully...

EasyEd
June 16th, 2013, 07:56
Hey All,

Very sad... No 5 year-old boy deserves to lose his dad that way.

RIP Jason.

-Ed-

Daveroo
June 16th, 2013, 08:42
Hopefully...
sprint car drivers i know...even "local yokels" as some of you might call them use head and neck devices now,we used a thing i dont recall the name of which had a loop went arounf our left shoulder,and snapped to the left side of the helmet to keep your head upright,which helped with fatigue,but when the hanns and other devices came out,associations like WOO ,NARC , north vs south,Kings of the Dirt .and others all use a something simular to the nascar type head and neck restraint...

lefturn,from what i have heard, went end over end several times and then landed on the wall.the photos ive seen of the car though,it isnt too torn up.but as my prevous post stated,the ME said it was basically a basil skull injury,which we all know is what tool dale ,so if lefturn was wearing a head n neck restraint..he wasnt wearing it correctly..