PDA

View Full Version : SOH VN PBY5a

hurricane3
June 12th, 2013, 12:44
I am rebuilding CFS2 after my latest crash and am trying to put in the SOH VN Pb5ya from here.It keeps going to black screen and I get an error message about modules. I tried deleteing the DP file but then I only get guns as ordenance and it doesn't rebuild the DP file.
Also deleting the DP file only seems to work for a while ,then I get the error message again.
Funny thing is I had no problems with the first install.
I tried downloading and installing the newer version from here That said it had a newer DP to prevent lockups on Windows 7 which I run) but the same thing happens.
I have installed the Blackcat version with no problems other than I had to put in a panel in and new sound.
I wanted a PBY from that time period,(1942) but can't get this one to work.
Anyone know what I can do?

Allen
June 12th, 2013, 13:00
A DP file shoundn't cause lockups. The update of the VN pby I did an update of the panel to stop Win7 PC lockups. The DP is a edit of the B-25D. You soun't have any probs with it as I tested it onb my Win7 and it worked just fine.

Maybe it is the model it self. Change the model to something else and see if the prob quits. If the prob quits after the model is changed than it is somthing with the model it self.

hurricane3
June 12th, 2013, 14:42
I already changed to the newer rmodel and got the same thing.

hurricane3
June 12th, 2013, 14:45
I have since downloaded other planes with no problem

hurricane3
June 12th, 2013, 15:28
I tried copying your new dp text to my DP file and at first it worked ,but had two wep error messages. Then next time I got the same error message. So I can't use this PBY.Shame cause it's a nice plane.

hurricane3
June 12th, 2013, 17:26
I found two PBY's on FlightSim that have the correst markings,I had to find a panel for both since they used P-38 panel's .
The only problem is they won't take off from water.They move ok but the speed gets to a max of 80 ,at 80 they take off from land but not water.
I usually go to the engine section of the config file and up the power and prop scalor to about 1.1,or what ever it takes to get seaplanes off the water,but there is no engine section in these to increase the power,can someone tell me what to change to give them more power to get off the water?

Allen
June 12th, 2013, 18:20
What dose the two wep error messages say?

The only wep error message you could get is if you forgot to copy the US_Pilot folder into your AIRCRAFT folder along with the PBY-5.

hurricane3
June 13th, 2013, 06:20
Went to bed earlier than usual last night so sorry I didn't reply earlier,The two error messages I got ,were "model_wep_db_us_13_a,not found in the library and model wep_db_us_mk_13_b, not found in the library.
They couldn't be from the pilot because I have all U.S. and axis pilots installed and put the one in for the PBY letting it overwrite just to be on the safe side.

The one I get when the plane crashes the sim concerns Module ,I don't remember just what it said.
Like I said if I delet the DP file the plane will fly one time without any ordanance then the sim will crash again ,and the Dp file doesn't regenerate.

I found two on Flight Sim which don't crash the sim but won't takeoff from water,the third ,the "Blackcat" does take off from water.There isn't anywhere in any of the three cfg files that say anything about engine power scalor so I can't up the power.
Thanks( sorry for the spelling)

Typhoon Willy
June 13th, 2013, 07:48
Hi Hurricane3,

You get those two error messages because CFS2 is looking for two types of torpedoes found in DBolt's weapons pack, (DB_us_weaponsV2.zip) which you should be able to find here in the SOH library.

Kind regards,

TW

hurricane3
June 13th, 2013, 10:44
Thanks for clearing that up,I thought I had those weapons but I guess not.Anyway It's kind of immaterial because for some reason the VN PBY won't fly on my computer (which is very High end) while it did before it crashes the sim now. Thanks again.

Allen
June 13th, 2013, 10:58
My update of the VN PBY dosn't use the DBolt weapons pack.

kwb737
June 13th, 2013, 17:58
I am rebuilding CFS2 after my latest crash and am trying to put in the SOH VN Pb5ya from here.It keeps going to black screen and I get an error message about modules. I tried deleteing the DP file but then I only get guns as ordenance and it doesn't rebuild the DP file.
Also deleting the DP file only seems to work for a while ,then I get the error message again.
Funny thing is I had no problems with the first install.
I tried downloading and installing the newer version from here That said it had a newer DP to prevent lockups on Windows 7 which I run) but the same thing happens.
I have installed the Blackcat version with no problems other than I had to put in a panel in and new sound.
I wanted a PBY from that time period,(1942) but can't get this one to work.
Anyone know what I can do?

I had to delete my original post because I spoke too soon and I had not solved your problem but now I believe I have!:jump: First start with a fresh install of the "updated" PBY5A. Open up the PANEL folder then open up the PANEL.cfg file. Go almost to the bottom of the file till you reach this section "[Vcockpit01]" below that you will find a list of gauges numbered 00 through 17. "gauge00=SPERRY.MARKIII, 555,441,233,130" is where your problem lies. What I did was delete "gauge00=SPERRY.MARKIII, 555,441,233,130" then starting with the next gauge "SCHWEIZER!SPOILERS, 117,540,30,82" I renumbered them 00 through 16. Saved my changes and the problem you were having is fixed!! :applause:

hurricane3
June 14th, 2013, 08:44
To repeat myself ,thankyou so very much.Although I did take the easy way out and installed a different panel ,because I couldn't find an older version of the VN PBY it now works like a charm,and this one even takes off from water!.
So I'am deleteing the other two PBY's I found on FlightSim which wouldn't take off from water.
I can't thankyou you enough,since I haven't gotten a printer yet I hand copied all your directions down ,if I ever might need them,but putting the new panel in solved everything.
You are amazing ,as all who haved helped me in the past,I'am sure I'll be yelling for someone to get my six again.

kwb737
June 14th, 2013, 09:10
To repeat myself ,thankyou so very much.Although I did take the easy way out and installed a different panel ,because I couldn't find an older version of the VN PBY it now works like a charm,and this one even takes off from water!.
So I'am deleteing the other two PBY's I found on FlightSim which wouldn't take off from water.
I can't thankyou you enough,since I haven't gotten a printer yet I hand copied all your directions down ,if I ever might need them,but putting the new panel in solved everything.
You are amazing ,as all who haved helped me in the past,I'am sure I'll be yelling for someone to get my six again.

You're very welcome! :salute:

Shadow Wolf 07
June 15th, 2013, 11:42
Hurricane: I found this a while back and use it in several missions and in my Desperate Battles campaign: http://simviation.com//cfs2aircraft71.htm The updated panel is there too and only the aircraft dp needs fixing - just convert and change the mph posted speeds in minimum and maximum speeds to kph.

She is very stable, takes off and lands on land or water and is frame rate light. You can even come in on water with wheels down, hold speed at 30-40 knots and roll up onto the beach. In reverse, you can roll into the water from the beach, put the throttle on max, raise the wing floats and take off before sinking. It has several load outs to include bomb and torpedo mixed, or just bombs or just torps.

hurricane3
June 15th, 2013, 16:43
I already have a Blackcat PBY but didn't have to change anything.Flys great ,not sure if it's the same one ,been so long ago I'd have to go back through my backup disks to find what it is,I put it in when I first started to rebuild. Thanks for the Heads up though.

Shadow Wolf 07
June 15th, 2013, 17:31
I already have a Blackcat PBY but didn't have to change anything.Flys great ,not sure if it's the same one ,been so long ago I'd have to go back through my backup disks to find what it is,I put it in when I first started to rebuild. Thanks for the Heads up though.

Oh, this PBY-5A Blackcat flies great without changing anything until you try to set the speed at above 90 knots in Mission Builder. Then you'll see the need to make the changes in the dp I mentioned.

hurricane3
June 16th, 2013, 06:12
How do I change the dp file ?What line do I change and to what value?

Shadow Wolf 07
June 16th, 2013, 06:25
How do I change the dp file ?What line do I change and to what value?

Open the dp using notepad and scroll down to the Miscellaneous Data paragraph. Mine may be a bit high, but it looks like this:

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=2
category=5
allegiance=3
max_group_size=8
min_speed=7
cruise_speed=210
max_speed=275
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=5000
max_alt=15000
entered_service=1/1/42
crew=9

Save and close the file then delete any cdp in the plane's folder.

Note: The speeds listed on the dp should always be in kilometers per hour not miles per hour.

hurricane3
June 16th, 2013, 18:34
Thanks so much for showing me how to edit the file, now I have another problem,mostly with Burnage's Typhoons,and that is they won't move even with full throttle and brakes off.
Any ideas on how to get these planes to move? Thanks for your input.