PDA

View Full Version : AI Engine Failure...

Tango_Romeo
January 11th, 2009, 17:43
I have a new F-104G posted that I did for CFS2 from an old source file by Massimo Taccoli. For some reason the AIs and wingmen crash, if airborne, and fail to takeoff, if on the runway. It appears that their engines are not starting... at least it appears that way...I have an animated turbine keyed to the prop_0 animation, so get a visible indication.

I'm using slightly modified CFG and AIR files from the FS2002 version of this aircraft. I have noticed extremely high MOI settings in both of these.

Any thoughts as to the root of my problem? :help: :faint:

Tango_Romeo
January 12th, 2009, 15:37
...so much for this route! :rapture:

pstrany
January 12th, 2009, 19:15
Seems to me this was specifically related to jet aircraft. I'm fairly certain that the VB Planes Me 262 had a similar problem when it first came out. I know that it was worked out, but can't for the life of me remember how.

I would be very interested in the solution to this as well.......

Paul

Tango_Romeo
January 13th, 2009, 20:10
:wave:
Seems to me this was specifically related to jet aircraft. I'm fairly certain that the VB Planes Me 262 had a similar problem when it first came out. I know that it was worked out, but can't for the life of me remember how.

I would be very interested in the solution to this as well.......

Paul

...certain it is some simple switch entry in the FS2000 Turbine Engine series. I'll probably have to go through them one at a time to find the culprit. :faint:

I was hoping someone would have run into it before and give me the quick fix. :kilroy:

Anyhow. it's good to hear from you, Paul. I trust all is going well. :wave:

sparks
January 15th, 2009, 15:42
Add air file section 600.

pstrany
January 15th, 2009, 18:13
All it takes is one guru.....

Thanks!

Paul

Tango_Romeo
January 15th, 2009, 21:56
...sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees. :kiss: