PDA

View Full Version : Canada's PM's Aircraft

CG_1976
June 8th, 2013, 16:16
Now this is a Canada One.

mgchrist5
June 8th, 2013, 21:24
I like it. The A300/A310 are (IMHO) the only aesthetically pleasing Airbus designs. Those colors compliment the plane well.

gradyhappyg
June 8th, 2013, 21:40
It's a beaut alright but IMHO it needs more maple leafs or leaves, how ever you pluralize that word.

Naismith
June 8th, 2013, 23:22
Is this serious? I demand :ipepsi2:to know where my taxes are being spent! :kilroy: In the past he has always just hoped on a grey air force Airbus. I've seen nothing in the news, On the other hand a smart looking livery not as fetching as AF1 but getting there. :cool:

Aha 'tis true enough http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/06/07/colourful_paint_job_on_prime_ministers_plane_spark s_criticism.html
and since the opposition are bitching about it, I find myself all for it.

"But in the eyes of the opposition it’s a little too much “Conservative” blue. NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair accused the Tories of blurring the lines between government business and partisan interests."
If Mulcair had his way he lop off the Maple Leafs and insert Hammer & Sickle.

Now who will take on doing a MSFS repaint,,,,,,,,,,,,

magoo
June 9th, 2013, 07:27
...how ever you pluralize that word.

....I believe the plural is,"Maple LeafZ."

Ickie
June 9th, 2013, 08:05
just this past week i seen a history of Canada planes, they were always ahead of the times. I really enjoyed the program seeing them fast jets from the 50's, the fastest, then they scrapped them ??
I seen the sauser and the pre osprey vertical takeoff, wow I didn't know the people from the north woods invented them.

Daveroo
June 9th, 2013, 08:14
just this past week i seen a history of Canada planes, they were always ahead of the times. I really enjoyed the program seeing them fast jets from the 50's, the fastest, then they scrapped them ??
I seen the sauser and the pre osprey vertical takeoff, wow I didn't know the people from the north woods invented them.
i belive i may have seen the same show..the man who flew the osprey type plane said he wishes he could still fly it,and his name is still on the fuselage to boot.he told a story of the wing tilting up mid flight when the tilt trim button on the control stick was just moving on its own...he was funny as he described that..

EasyEd
June 9th, 2013, 08:44
Hey All,

It would be leaves not leafs - that refers to a hockey team disliked by a large part of Canada.

-Ed-