PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Gotha is at Reg's

seacondor
October 4th, 2008, 16:17
Alpha Gotha is at Reg's this is for OFF. If you want to use it in CFS3 you will have to change the sound file for one of the default ones.
I have given it a very quick cockpit paint this morning. Basicly stood back and throw a few buckets of paint at it. :d Don't expect a John job. Maybe in the future.

pachi
October 4th, 2008, 17:13
Awesome, downloading now

pilotsden
October 4th, 2008, 17:15
this is very much appreciated

PD

SLIP STREAM
October 4th, 2008, 17:55
thank you sc and captian for another off treat. :ernae:

Capt. Winters
October 4th, 2008, 19:17
Thank you Greg,

I know a lot of people who will enjoy this greatly.
thank you too for taking the time to give the VC a coat of paint.

:ernae:

regards Rob.

wsmwsm
October 5th, 2008, 04:47
Perhaps I've done something wrong but. . .

After installing the Gotha, starting OFF, choosing the aircraft, choosing the loadout and then hitting "Go to Hangar", the game hesitates, then crashes to desktop.

I believe I've followed the install instructions to a "T". I note, however, that the instructions indicate that you should delete the BDP file. The aircraft (GOTHA) itself does not contain a BDP file.

Any help would be great.

Stickshaker
October 5th, 2008, 10:55
There is indeed a bdp folder in your aircraft folder (bdp is the extension). Remove it. The aircraft works with my OFF installation. If there is no bdp I suggest you re-download.

wsmwsm
October 5th, 2008, 12:54
Re-downloaded. Several times. No BDP.

The files are:

Model
Sound
Textures
60Sq_GOTHA (Air file)
60Sq_Gotha (XDP file)
Aircraft (CFG file)

No BDP.

wichner
October 5th, 2008, 12:59
no bdp

Stickshaker
October 5th, 2008, 13:19
Do you have a bdp after having started up OFF at least once?

By the way; thanks so much for this plane Greg. It really a valuable addition.

wsmwsm
October 5th, 2008, 13:36
Yes.

And it's not there.

Capt. Winters
October 5th, 2008, 15:49
Hi Guys,

Forget about the bdp file its not your problem (I think I actually deleted it before zipping teh files up), and you wont see a new one generated yet as the plane hasnt beed activated in CFS3/OFF yet CTD.

I would bet my life its the weapon loadout, it seems there is an error with the placement of either the pylons, or the weapons.

just double check that the pylon files went into the plyon folder (they should be lose files not in there own folder inside the pylon folder)

and make sure the weapons went into the weapons folder. (these are in there own folder inside the weapons folder)

then firstly try to fly the gotha with a clean loadout. if it gets into the game, then try to fly it with a loadout. if it fails to get into the game from there then we definately have a install issue of weapons or pylons.

HTH's

regards Rob.

sp1t2
October 6th, 2008, 04:14
I've had a few flights with the Gotha. No problems. Destroyed an airfield with the bombs. Landing was straight forward although it took a while to rub off the speed and not stall before finally touching down. First attempt was successful. It would be helpful if that front gunner would duck his head down during approach.

Old Tiger
October 6th, 2008, 07:28
Alpha Gotha is at Reg's this is for OFF. If you want to use it in CFS3 you will have to change the sound file for one of the default ones.
I have given it a very quick cockpit paint this morning. Basicly stood back and throw a few buckets of paint at it. :d Don't expect a John job. Maybe in the future.

:ernae:Great lookin and nice to fly, everything works fine fo me in off. But in :isadizzy:cfs3 I can'nt get her to show up . I used the stock b26 sound file.

wsmwsm
October 6th, 2008, 13:28
Finally installed and flew it.

It flies, but shakes like crazy. So much so, it's dizzying. Is that an intended effect?

Old Tiger
October 8th, 2008, 05:28
Finally installed and flew it.

It flies, but shakes like crazy. So much so, it's dizzying. Is that an intended effect?

:wavey:wsmwsm did get this bird to fly in cfs3? :applause:I had no problem in off,:banghead:but In cfs3 I can't get it to show up.

:ernae:

wsmwsm
October 8th, 2008, 05:31
Only in OFF. I didn't try CFS3. I guess I'm the only one with a shaking issue.

jaycee
October 8th, 2008, 06:37
My Gotha shakes a little bit, but not to much, it is quite a good effect as it looks like those large wings are getting buffered by the wind,

Capt. Winters
October 8th, 2008, 06:47
Hi guys,

wsmwsm,

I too get a very minor shake every so often (hardly ever really), but mostly at stall speed. its only just noticable.

Old Tiger,

I used the stock ju88 sound but it shouldnt make a differance, the b26 sounds should work as well. when you say it wont show up, do you mean you cant see it in the aircraft list? do you get any error messages whilst the game is loading saying this aircraft has issues and wont be used?

it should appear in the German list just under the Stock Go229, assuming you have no other german aircraft starting with G in your install.

I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt show?? very stange, I'll think some more about it and get back to you.

regards Rob.

Capt. Winters
October 8th, 2008, 07:08
Hi Guys,

you will need to download some extra files from regs hanger and place them into your gotha texture folder. these are:

gc_gauges_d1.dds
g_stock_gauges_1.dds
gc_gauge_glas_t.dds

these are available at Regs hanger they are part of the GC shared files.

this will enable basic guages for flying.

regards Rob.

Old Tiger
October 8th, 2008, 10:54
Hi Guys,

you will need to download some extra files from regs hanger and place them into your gotha texture folder. these are:

gc_gauges_d1.dds
g_stock_gauges_1.dds
gc_gauge_glas_t.dds

regards Rob.

:wavey:Rob here's what in my textures folder

bambsite.dds
Gotha_Bomber_t.dds
gothacockpit_t.dds
Zep_Gunner.dds
g_stock_gauges_1.dds
gc_gauge_glas_t.dds
GC_gauges_d1.dds

Sound [fltsim]
alias=ju_88\sound

The plane still not showing up.
The only one different is GC_gauges_d1.dds, the one you had is gc_gauges_d1.dds the gc is lower case. I have all those gc shared files, could not find gc_gauges_d1.dds

wsmwsm
October 8th, 2008, 10:54
The shaking phenemenom is not subtle. It's more as if the screen is shaking than the aircraft.

However, I've noticed that nothing shakes IF I take off from a runway, then reach altitude. If I start a free flight at 2500 feet or above, the screen shakes so much that there's no point in flying.

Addendum: I've tried the Gotha on computers with both Vista and XP. Same result. So it's not a Vista issue which has occurred on occasions with CFS3.

gaw
October 8th, 2008, 11:22
HEY..............thanks, your Gotha's gorgeous.....slow as molassas but great fun to barge around the sky and drop a bomb or two.....my bombs are all white....any textures I'm missing for those??? Thanks!

Capt. Winters
October 8th, 2008, 15:38
Hi Guys,

Hi Gaw, no mate your bombs are supposed to be white thats the colour they have been textured, there is a slite change of colour for the nose of th ebombs but very subtle.

Hi Old Tiger,
please PM me you email address, I will send my Gotha through to you that works in CFS3 and we'll see if that one is showing up in your game. the upper case lower case shouldnt make a differance, just a typo on my part in the thread.

Hi wsmwsm,
That is a stage one, it may be that the plane is in a stalled state at start up. have you tried diving to increase air speed and see if the stutter/shakes stop. I have started in the air with out seeing this.

regards Rob.

wsmwsm
October 8th, 2008, 15:59
I've noticed now, that when the nose is pointed up, especially when I get the "near stall" and "stall" messages, the plane flies well and without shaking. (Again, the shaking is not subtle.)

When the nose is level with the horizon or below, then it starts.

Dutch_P47M
April 25th, 2009, 11:11
Hi Guys,

gc_gauges_d1.dds
g_stock_gauges_1.dds
gc_gauge_glas_t.dds

regards Rob.

Maybe on old topic but I can't find any GC shared files (Groundcrew or Garage Corner) at regshangar. Where to find them or what is the name of the download file?????

grizzly50
April 25th, 2009, 13:49
Maybe on old topic but I can't find any GC shared files (Groundcrew or Garage Corner) at regshangar. Where to find them or what is the name of the download file?????

:kilroy:Dutch_P47M, here is what you're looking for. http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS3/aircraft/He111/H2/Ground%20Crew%20He%20111H-2%20for%20CFS3.php Where it says
Download shared files - 1.344 KB (http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS3/aircraft/He111/He111%20share/gc_he111h_share.zip)

It's best to just set up a dummy install folder and then run the self-installer into it. Then you access what you want without difficulty.

Garage Corner is here: http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/Garage/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20Garage.php

Groundcrew @ Regs is here: http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20Group%20Official%20Websit e.htm

Here is Regs homepage: http://www.regshanger.com/

Good luck.:d

Dutch_P47M
April 25th, 2009, 22:24
thanks!!!! :applause:

lewis11777
April 29th, 2009, 09:07
Pardon me for asking stupid questions, but I downloaded the Gotha from Regs long before this post ever came out, so did something change with the one that was already on that site?