PDA

View Full Version : U.N.

misson
June 4th, 2013, 17:48
they need our support! lets start for understand! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egjBqs3o6XY

arfyhun
June 5th, 2013, 10:21
They are brave people misson. Very brave to put yourself in harms way for others. I applaud them all.

Graham.

aeronca1
June 5th, 2013, 14:08
Like Somalia was a better place after the US pulled out and turned it over to the UN. The UN is one of the most corrupt organizations there is. Like the UN asking Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe, accused of ethnic cleansing and bankrupting his country, to champion tourism. My country, Canada formalised its withdrawal from the UN tourism body after that fiasco. and it goes on and on and on.

Many of the Peacemakers are to be commended, but they actually do very little. Look into Rwanda and read what Canadian General Roméo Dallaire (the Force Commander of UNAMIR, the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda) has to say about the UN in his book......

misson
June 5th, 2013, 15:46
Like Somalia was a better place after the US pulled out and turned it over to the UN. The UN is one of the most corrupt organizations there is. Like the UN asking Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe, accused of ethnic cleansing and bankrupting his country, to champion tourism. My country, Canada formalised its withdrawal from the UN tourism body after that fiasco. and it goes on and on and on.

Many of the Peacemakers are to be commended, but they actually do very little. Look into Rwanda and read what Canadian General Roméo Dallaire (the Force Commander of UNAMIR, the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda) has to say about the UN in his book......I have respect for your opinion. But here is where i can not give my opinion without get in politics. for the moment is better than nothing. the lasst year a friend since the high military school died in Congo , and i lost others. but thank u , you make me think .

beana51
June 5th, 2013, 17:34
EXCLUSIVE: U.N. Elects Iran to Commission on Women's Rights
NEW YORK — Without fanfare, the United Nations (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/united-nations.htm#r_src=ramp) this week elected Iran (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iran.htm#r_src=ramp) to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest.

IRAN?...Rights commission??WOMEN'S RIGHTS?...Whats That? You Gotta be Kidding!....The UN is no friend of The USA...I Find Your Stuff Here on a Flight Sim Hobby Offensive!

misson
June 5th, 2013, 18:03
EXCLUSIVE: U.N. Elects Iran to Commission on Women's Rights

NEW YORK — Without fanfare, the United Nations (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/united-nations.htm#r_src=ramp) this week elected Iran (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iran.htm#r_src=ramp) to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest.

IRAN?...Rights commission??WOMEN'S RIGHTS?...Whats That? You Gotta be Kidding!....The UN is no friend of The USA...I Find Your Stuff Here on a Flight Sim Hobby Offensive!

I do not know about who is friends with whom. it is not my intention to offend anyone. I apologize if I did.

Naismith
June 5th, 2013, 23:07
No politics

huub vink
June 6th, 2013, 03:17
Guys this is not going anywhere. You are all entitled to have your opion on everything even about politics. But please share those over a beer in a place suitable and not here.

The UN is a large body and perhaps not that effective, like many other large bodies aren't very effective. As its name says these are the United nations. This includes those who are with you but also those who are not with you and even those who are against you. Please realise: When the UN is a failure, it is your country's failure as well, as your country is part of it.

Please behave as mature and reasonable people and discuss things in a civilised way, otherwise I will be forced to close this thread.

Huub

KellyB
June 6th, 2013, 03:39
Generally, I see the UN as a larger, and somehow less competent version of the US Congress.

I shudder to think what will happen when there actually is a Federation of Planets...:icon_eek:

stiz
June 6th, 2013, 04:28
they may not be "effective" in terms of going in with a mass amount of weapons, shooting everything that doesn't agree with their views, then telling everyone left to behave or they'll do it again. But they do do some valuable work that others cant or just simple wont do. But as always, its the bad stuff that gets the most attention as it sells papers.

Also they've been far more effective than the league of nations was ;)

beana51
June 6th, 2013, 05:53
Yes Close this thread..Please...Last time I had anything to do with the UN was The Koren War...It Was The UNs War...Pres Truman did not declare that War...The UN did..Pres. Truman Bypassed The Congress. President Truman’s actions involving the United Nations represented a major break with precedent. Korea became the first major American war with a foreign power in which Congress did not declare war. Truman’s actions set major precedents virtually assuring American involvement in major conflicts for the next century. Thus Needing no Approval before allowing Kids to get Killed . ..There is a beautiful Statue there,I lived near the UN,,Seen it Built...A Russian Work of art..It Declares. In stone "Let Us Beat Swords into Plowshares" and was a gift from the then Soviet Union presented in 1959....What Hypocrisy.As witnessed by the Cold war,and one Button Push away from destruction of the human race...As a matter of Policy.Any and All Politics,as well as religion should be monitored ,and Carefully before Being allowed on a Flight Sim Forum,and a Great Site.!..For Its Here One can prsue Our Walter Mitty Dreams.Ever so briefly,.and not be involved in the Potential Horror of Today's world...Vin!

TARPSBird
June 6th, 2013, 10:58
I was surprised to see that this thread had not been locked yet, so I just wanted to drop in and say hi. :wavey:

Jagdflieger
June 8th, 2013, 14:48
No matter what our corporate opinion of the UN is, the servicemen from the various countries that support the peacekeeping mission are all to be thanked and congratulated. They operate extra-political and do the jobs that they are assigned to do without question.

I have seen soldiers from much of South America, South Asia and Europe at places most of us would not go to and they do a thankless job for often unthankful residents.

So Mission, I don't think that you offended anyone as your "soldados" from Uruguay have always been on the front line of support for some very needy people.

Willy
June 8th, 2013, 16:52
This isn't going anywhere.

If you want to discuss it further, I recommend talking it to the Quarter Moon Saloon. There's folks there that would love to discuss the finer points of the issue.

http://quartermoonsaloon.com/forum/forum.php