PDA

View Full Version : Looking for...

Typhoon Willy
June 3rd, 2013, 14:01
Hi all,

Been working on a European Theater install for CFS2 and am in need of some frame rate friendly B-17F and G's for my Luftwaffe to attack. I've found an AI specific Lancaster and Wellington, so I'm all set there.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

TW

_486_Col_Wolf
June 3rd, 2013, 14:25
Wily,

There are some Lo/res B-17's available here but I tried them and they were frame hogs. I replaced them with the FDG B-17s (E,F and G versions) which are more detailed and my framerate went up...go figure. They are available here in the add ons but I can't find them. Make sure tyou use them with the AI bombs.

Rami
June 3rd, 2013, 16:39
He's exactly right...the AI bombs make all the difference. Who knew?

achim27619
June 3rd, 2013, 22:24
Hi,
I don't know where to find them but here they are.

Cheers

Achim

Typhoon Willy
June 3rd, 2013, 23:29
Thank you all for your suggestions! After some comparison testing, I have to declare Achim27619's offering the winner as they offer the best frame rates on my raggedy, old-a$$ laptop. I will, however, modify the dps and go with the AI bombs.

Very kind regards to all,

TW

kelticheart
June 4th, 2013, 02:32
Hi TW,

besides William Dicken's AI B-17F/G, I am also using HerbieG's B-17F, which is not that bad for fps and its shape is still very nice, even if it dates back to 2001. The only preblem is with the blurred prop textures, ugly transparent discs that cannot be replaced because there's no texture mapping to them.

Sopwith Chameleon did few nice repaints of this model and I conjured up a "Memphis Belle" skin for it. SC also did a Pacific repaint turning it into an earlier "E" variant just by changing the nose canopy framing.

You can find HerbieG's Fort over at simviation.com and SC's repaints for this model here in the CFS2-US skins section.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Typhoon Willy
June 4th, 2013, 05:39
Hi Kelti,

I did find HerbieG's B-17, and it did get pretty good frame rates, but once Achim introduced me to WD's AI planes, it was done. I think I'll keep Herbie's plane around as like you said it has a pretty nice shape to it, maybe I can still use it when I get a newer computer.

By the way, nice prop disk and paint job upgrade for WD's B-17F and G.

TW