PDA

View Full Version : Disney park prices going up....

Odie
June 3rd, 2013, 12:19
Just an FYI for folks that may be headed to the FL or CA Disney parks....

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ticket-prices-rise-disney-theme-parks-182505826.html

The last time we went was Disneyland in 1977 and I think the all-day ticket was about $40 or so.

b24_witchcraft
June 3rd, 2013, 14:32
Looks like the Happiest places on Earth just got a little bit unhappier unfortunately!

ST0RM
June 3rd, 2013, 14:47
Hmm, pay $90 per person per day to wait in lines for 2+ hours? No thanks. We went a few times in the past but they wont get my money again.

Gdavis101
June 3rd, 2013, 15:04
I was invited to go this last year, but after looking at ticket costs and motel room costs I decided against it. Personally, I would rather go on an Alaskan cruise..

Panther_99FS
June 3rd, 2013, 15:33
Hmm, pay $90 per person per day to wait in lines for 2+ hours? No thanks. We went a few times in the past but they wont get my money again.

The unfortunate downside to tourism. If you're a local, I'm confident that an annual pass would pay for itself in 3-5 visits. And you wouldn't have to spend a whole day there - just a few hours here and there.

TeaSea
June 3rd, 2013, 15:59
For U.S. Military and Retiree's, get a room at The Shades of Green AFRC Hotel, on the Grounds at Disney Orlando. Buy your passes there (4-day Park Hopper for $154 -- you don't pay tax at the hotel -- you will at MWR or at the gate). Park fee for each day at the hotel is $5 (in the garage). Bus departs for the various parks every 20 minutes from the Hotel, and certain days you get "Magic Hour" where you get in an hour early (rides aren't open, but you get into the park before the crowds and get to the rides just as they open). So, you get in the park at basically $40 per day, all day, and multiple parks....can't beat it if you have to make the "Haj" to the Mouse.

Hotel is excellent, two restaurants offer the best food for the money (the Italian restaurant is my family's favorite), there are multiple pools and a spa as well as a sports bar. There's also a PX/BX in the facility, laundry rooms, a Starbucks, a regular grill, and lots of other things...

I live about an hour away, and when I must make the "Haj", I spend the night at the hotel....far less stress and parking for two days in the regular spots WILL PAY for the hotel room.

Dain Arns
June 3rd, 2013, 16:11
You go off season, maybe one or two minor attractions might be closed. Hardly any lines, however.
You open the place in the morning, have them usher you out at closing time.
That's what we always have done. Get the most bang for the bucks. :costum:

kilo delta
June 4th, 2013, 08:48
I've only been to the Paris based one. The cost of eating out,within the confines of the park, was very expensive...but the hotel/park pass combo was reasonable enough.:)

TeaSea
June 4th, 2013, 16:30
Prefer the Jules Verne themed "Space Mountain" ride at the Paris park. We went years ago when we lived in Europe. Spent the rest of the time traipsing around Paris.

kilo delta
June 5th, 2013, 08:08
Prefer the Jules Verne themed "Space Mountain" ride at the Paris park. We went years ago when we lived in Europe. Spent the rest of the time traipsing around Paris.

I really enjoyed that one too. My family almost had the ride almost to ourselves for a good 30/40 minutes one morning as we were one of the first into the park!:)

yank51
June 5th, 2013, 09:44

You can now get a "time" by dropping by the ride you want, then just show up at your alloted time, and you only wait a few minutes. This cuts way down on wasted time....:applause: