PDA

View Full Version : Want To Relive The Moon Landing?..

kilo delta
June 3rd, 2013, 04:22
http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/

:cool:

jimjones
June 3rd, 2013, 05:48
Excellent, detailed coverage. I remember watching this on a rented TV when out of town at a summer cottage. Exciting!

beana51
June 3rd, 2013, 07:06
Thanx for The Memory!....Certainly a milestone in the life for those around then...it was a Highlight of 1969,an otherwise dismal year..Most thought this was the Begining,a JFK dream come true,whats next? America waited..other than some other spectacular NASA missions,none could exceed the world interest in this,Save Apollo 13,a saga in human Drama, Our Space Program Is Over in this Generation!And Humanity is poorer for it!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/leonardo_da_vinci.html)Leonardo Da Vinci

Daveroo
June 3rd, 2013, 08:50
POST OF THE MONTH!!!

that is just awesome..great history....i was pretty young and have no memorys of it at all...but the visual of watching and reading the text as you heard the accual voices and also seeing the moon surface onthe center screen...AWESOME!!

thanks for that!!!

:jump: :applause:

Dain Arns
June 3rd, 2013, 10:17
Great find, thank you. :applause:

Many years ago, I remember NASA had a display of a LM interior.
What I can't remember was if it was at Kennedy Space Center or the National Air & Space Museum. :isadizzy:

Anyway they had a video loop, with the monitors right outside the LM's windows, so it looked like you were seeing the Apollo 11 landing as Buzz and Neil would have.
That was pretty cool.

I actually like this presentation through the website better, as you get to hear what was going on in Houston as well.

burcham8
June 3rd, 2013, 17:58
Absolutely fan-damn-tastic!!! :jump:

Marc

kilo delta
June 4th, 2013, 08:50
I'm glad you all enjoyed it. The landings were a bit before my time however! :p :icon_lol:

Paul Anderson
June 6th, 2013, 10:24

stansdds
June 7th, 2013, 02:57
Awesome link! I well remember the days of the Apollo program, cried when it ended. I so wanted to be an astronaut and go to the moon.