PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft over Big Wake Weekend,Sacramento

Daveroo
June 2nd, 2013, 14:07
Big Wake Weekend is/was a hydro plane boat race at Folsom lake,east of Sacramento,seems to have been a success according to the news reports and from what little im hearing on the scanner fire/police wise..

but......

ive also been hearing alot of aircraft traffic working its way over and around the lake,C39 for the Folsom Lake seaplane base if you want to fly to it in FSX or FS9,of interest i heard the colling foundation B17 as it returned to McClellan saying they have been over flying the lake while doing their flights,i dont know about the B-24.i also heard a C206 call in on 122.900 as he made a water landing on the lake..that is the first time,in all my years of monitoring my scanner ive heard a pilot say he was on final ect for folsom lake.im easily excited anymore..and that deffinanltly did it....lol

Howellerman
June 2nd, 2013, 17:24
Yeah, they were here @ Moffett last weekend, and you could hear that Liberator plowing the skies for miles around as they flew low ad slow on the donor flights ... I think it was $400 for the flight?

I did a walk-through several years ago. 6'1" and 190 lbs do NOT fit well in a B-17!!! Amazing how small they are - dwarfed by a 737.

Daveroo
June 2nd, 2013, 19:13
Yeah, they were here @ Moffett last weekend, and you could hear that Liberator plowing the skies for miles around as they flew low ad slow on the donor flights ... I think it was $400 for the flight?

I did a walk-through several years ago. 6'1" and 190 lbs do NOT fit well in a B-17!!! Amazing how small they are - dwarfed by a 737.

before i got hurt..i was a little over 6'5" like 1/2 inch to 5/8ths and a bit over 220.....went to walk through the B24 when it was still the dragon and her tail,i couldnt..i accually got stuck and had to have people help me get out through the bombay ,i had gotten down onto the little catwalk thing..and couldnt move..lol..people around me thought it was hislarious...good thing i laugh alot at myself...