PDA

View Full Version : OT - air file name change

Pepere
October 4th, 2008, 16:06
Dont know how this happened but all my air files for aircraft are now called "Installer Package" type file? all the aircraft are working so I don"t know whats going on. anybody ideas how to change the file "type" back?

David

GeorgeM
October 4th, 2008, 16:25
Perhaps you installed Adobe Air (or had it installed for you). There's some information here:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/op-ed/ed417.htm

You could manually associate .air files with something else, like AirEd, but I think that would break Adobe Air. Apparently Adobe Air gets installed automatically with certain versions of the Acrobat Reader. I don't know if it's possible to uninstall just the Air component.

Bottom line is that it's harmless, though annoying.

Pepere
October 4th, 2008, 17:49
Yep thats what happened. thank you - at least I know the cause etc....

David

CG_1976
November 22nd, 2008, 21:56
Ok i just check some of my Aircraft in the hanger and found the airfile. the logo looks like a box and taged airfile installer package. Is this going to cause me a headache useing airwrench???

sparks
November 23rd, 2008, 05:19
Is this going to cause me a headache useing airwrench???
No, it shouldn't change anything with respect to AirWrench.

I now have the same icon associated with air files on my system, but it didn't change my default 'file open' association for .air files - it's still AirEd.

AirWrench doesn't change the 'file open' association for .air files. It wasn't designed to, and won't, open .air files using a double click, so as far as AirWrench is concerned, it really doesn't matter what application is associated with .air files.