PDA

View Full Version : this happened to me

hurricane3
May 30th, 2013, 15:01
I had just finished rebuilding CFS2 after a crash ,I had about 330 aircraft with the overload patch and no problems,I could fly QC and missions no problem.But I understand CFS2 can still become unstable with that many planes ,even with the Overload patch so I used ACman to get the number of planes down to around 100 .
I had three hangers made and I think I may have over filled them,because the next day I had lost over half the planes in the hangers.The ones in the sim were fine but suddenly I was looking for planes that I knew I downloaded but weren't there.
The good news is I could just download the planes and not any of the files with them.Everything I had put in Objects DP ,SceneDP,gauges etc..was still there since none of that had been moved so other than planes like those I had from Alapasim which required sound to show in the sim or those which required panels ,all I had to do was open the plane file and just download the plane it's self not redownload everything in Ojects DB ,gauges etc.
So I made another hanger (number 4) and spreadout the planes.
So if you have a lot of planes backup the planes files and don't overload ACMan if your using it,at least this is what I think happened unless someone else has any other ideas.

Cody Coyote
May 31st, 2013, 05:49
Never heard of a problem with ACMan like that before. I manage around 500 planes per ACMan install with some individual hangers having up to 150 planes and have never experienced a problem like that. Been using ACMan for a decade or more without a glitch. I'd suspect something else is at the root of your problem. Will be interesting to see if it crops up again.

hurricane3
May 31st, 2013, 07:41
The day before that happened I had installed the Hurricane and Bf109 paks and also some other planes ,maybe a total of 20 or so and checked each one as I installed it ,could that be the reason?I too have been using ACman for years although never had this many planes installed and never had this problem.
I checked today and so far all my planes in the hangers seem there,.Could it be a Windows 7 64 bit problem?I just don't know but so far so good.

Cody Coyote
June 1st, 2013, 05:19
I'm running Win 7, 64-bit with no problems and ACMan if functioning fine.

hurricane3
June 1st, 2013, 07:10
I've been checking ACMan everyday since that happened and so far I haven't lost any planes,matter of fact I have added about ten more.
I can't explain what happened ,I guess just a one of those computer things that happens(I hope).

Cody Coyote
June 1st, 2013, 08:07
I guess just a one of those computer things that happens(I hope).

I agree. If I could explain every anomaly I've seen in CFS2, I'd be the smartest man in the world! :icon_lol:

arfyhun
June 1st, 2013, 08:26
Greetings chaps. I have not heard of an overload patch nor ACMan. I have seperate installs for different years/theatres etc. It makes my hard drive weigh a ton but it keeps everything simple, (by being complicated, if you get my drift!).

Graham.

hurricane3
June 1st, 2013, 13:16
The way you did it arfy ,is the smart way of doing things.But no one has ever accused me of being smart.I have everthing from all theaters in one sim,maybe easier on my HD but makes it harded to maintain all those planes.
The scenery doesn,t matter cause I don,t move it from the sim.
I guess I'am just lazy ,cause I have a one TB internal drive and a 2 TB external drive and want to get another 2 TB internal drive since I have the 1 TB internal drive almost 3/4 full ,any more and I'am afraid I won't be able to defrag it.

Fibber
June 1st, 2013, 16:45
... a quirk with one of those utilities where the .cfg file suddenly will become a .cgf file and make a a/c unavailable and/or unworkable. may not be relevant to this but just felt like reminding everyone of it.