Mach3DS
May 29th, 2013, 17:04
Looks awesome. Congrats to Milviz on that visual stunner! :D

Ian Warren
May 29th, 2013, 17:38
Ooo Crikey :cool:

ColoKent
May 29th, 2013, 18:23
...talk about gorgeous. Selectable external stores, I hope.

Another NO BRAINER purchase from MilViz...

Jeez!

K

krazycolin
May 29th, 2013, 18:29
yes. yes. yes.

Ian Warren
May 29th, 2013, 18:40
One thing i never notice , and for what reason but understand why - the offset tail-hook housing :cool: the attention to the detail .. WICKED ! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ColoKent
May 29th, 2013, 18:48
Was the refueling probe a stock part of the -D, or was it installed and removed based on need?

Edit: Went online re: the refueling probe...looks like it was optional (the Danish Huns didn't have them, for example...), although most (but not all) US -Ds seem to have them...will it be togglable too?

Different topic/observation: While we often see camo -Ds in Vietnam or ANG colors, Until I went online to look at the refueling probe deal, I had forgotten about the plethora of GREAT, colorful schemes that were used in the USAFE, stateside, and in the non-Vietnam PACAF realm in the late fifties to mid-sixties....this should be a repainters dream!

Kent

krazycolin
May 29th, 2013, 18:58
The refuel probe was added as necessary and will be something you can add if you wish. Sometimes, the probes would break off in combat. Sometimes, this plane would do the death dance (as many of you may know). It would also go into burner with a large BANG and a heck a push... BUT, the burner petals were notorious for closing at different speeds, thereby causing, inadvertently, vectored thrust. This could and did, in fact, kill pilots...

A hard plane to master this one and we do intend to do it justice.

Coming sometime...

ColoKent
May 29th, 2013, 19:03
...."Sabre Dance"? Apparently R.A. "Bob" Hoover did one on purpose in front of an audience at an airshow....balls of steel, man!

Kent

Sundog
May 29th, 2013, 21:24
Boyd certainly enjoyed kicking butt in this plane. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Nice preview shots. :)

Montie
May 29th, 2013, 21:38
Nice, its number one on my list:salute:

dhazelgrove
May 29th, 2013, 21:49
Sign me up.

Dave

yankeeromeo
May 29th, 2013, 22:14
Hi di oh Folks,
when looking at this kind of tremendous work, i'm dreaming of several new Aircrafts projects...:pop4:
:ernae:

hschuit
May 29th, 2013, 22:49
Thanks for sharing, this one is in the top 3 of my wish list :applause:

StormILM
May 29th, 2013, 23:01
...."Sabre Dance"? Apparently R.A. "Bob" Hoover did one on purpose in front of an audience at an airshow....balls of steel, man!

Kent

That was due to a loss of hydraulic pressure. Turns out the primary hydraulic accumulator was 50% smaller in fluid capacity than it needed to be and when the power was set for approach speeds(especially after lowering the gear), enough control inputs would cause a loss of pressure. All he had was throttle which he slammed into burner which dampened the sink rate somewhat before he hit. It still nearly killed him and he had a prolonged hospital stay. What did he do after he recovered, went right back to testing the Hun!
:salute:

DaveQ
May 30th, 2013, 03:04
Different topic/observation: While we often see camo -Ds in Vietnam or ANG colors, Until I went online to look at the refueling probe deal, I had forgotten about the plethora of GREAT, colorful schemes that were used in the USAFE, stateside, and in the non-Vietnam PACAF realm in the late fifties to mid-sixties....this should be a repainters dream!

Kent

You can say that again...!! I did a few for the old SOH Donationware one and can't wait to slap them on this beautiful creation!!:icon_lol:

DaveQ

ColoKent
May 30th, 2013, 03:21
....the AF equivalent of the Navy's hi-viz markings glory days!

Kent

Francois
May 30th, 2013, 04:29
Very nice clay renders !!! Awesome model ! :applause:

findus
May 30th, 2013, 06:46
Wow, what a perspective to virtually fly this iconic jet!
I´m just reading "Hangar Flying" by Merill A. Peak, who describes the flight dynamics of the real thing as very challenging.

fsafranek
May 30th, 2013, 08:44
Already looks like a "must have" for me. I'm looking forward to adding this gem to the hanger.

Have a whole shelf of reference materials collected when at Rockwell - North American Aircraft and more recently when painting the model canceled twice by Alphasim and later again by Virtavia. Beautiful repaint subjects waiting for a new canvas.

By the way, those "bent" refueling probes were also known to spin around at inopportune times.
:ernae:

DagR
May 30th, 2013, 09:15
Looks like a nice model.

Best
DagR

JimmyRFR
May 30th, 2013, 10:17
Gorgeous model; thanks for sharing. Will be on the top of the 'to purchase list'!

Odie
May 30th, 2013, 10:19
Clearing room in the hangar for this one! I remember seeing the Thunderbirds fly in the F-100 several times as a kid at Barksdale AFB. Truly a sight!

ColoKent
May 31st, 2013, 19:13
....about Milviz's F-100D, here's a link to an electronic version of the Super Sabre Dash One (flight manual):

http://www.supersabresociety.com/f-100-1.htm

let's start studying! :jump:

Kent

Mach3DS
May 31st, 2013, 19:57
I've been studying this for the last 3-4 months....on and off! ;)

krazycolin
June 1st, 2013, 04:57
Is it just me or is this one just not that interesting?

MDIvey
June 1st, 2013, 07:03
I'm very interested. Only Jet in development for FSX I'm more interested in is your F15C. Both must haves for me.:icon_lol:

Matt

ColoKent
June 1st, 2013, 07:59
...was talking about the F-100D flight manual....not the aircraft itself.

Kent

falcon409
June 1st, 2013, 08:10
...was talking about the F-100D flight manual....not the aircraft itself.
Kent
Boy. . .I hope so, lol.....Been waiting for this a Looooong time, just have stayed out of the comments because it's got a long way to go. Wait til the textures start going and and I'll bet the comments will start flying, lol.

MDIvey
June 1st, 2013, 08:27
ok that makes sense... Over 1300 views in a weeks seems a pretty good level of interest for a project with a ways to go before we can get our grubby hands on it...:icon_lol:

Matt

ColoKent
June 1st, 2013, 08:31
...the variety of color USAFE schemes will be AWESOME!

kent

Bob.sc
July 23rd, 2013, 14:01
You guys are Sick! I mean really...the detail on the wing-fence is spot on too. GOD I love this 'Sled!
Bob