January 11th, 2009, 11:01
http://www.defiancemovie.com/

chrisf36
January 11th, 2009, 11:08
Looks good!

Chris

Ferry_vO
January 11th, 2009, 11:16
Interesting! As soon as I saw the Bielski name on the site I knew what this was about. Will be interesting how realistic they will make it, as some of the actions of the Bielski partizans have been controversial.
First point that slightly worries me is how the site talks of three brothers, while in real life there were four Bielski's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielski_partisans

Lionheart
January 11th, 2009, 11:38
Looks awesome... I can hardly wait to see it.

Bill

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2009, 11:46
I definitely want to see that movie. Anyone remember a documentary called "Shoah"?

Kind of expensive in dvd format: http://www.amazon.com/Shoah-William-Lubtchansky/dp/B00005JM8V/ref=ed_oe_dvd

But it is the best of it's kind I have ever watched. I wish PBS or some network would run it again.

Pete

stiz
January 11th, 2009, 12:04
saw it the other day, its BRILLIANT!!!!!! defenitly worth the money, the accents are great, not one english one anywhere! I'd easily put it in the same league as band of brothers, prolly a bit higher because it deals with a subject which hasnt been told over and over again. I actually never that a group of Jews hid out in the woods.

All in all, a brilliant moive!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Snuffy
January 11th, 2009, 12:05
When I saw the ads on TV I was immediately drawn to it ... a whole hell of a lot faster than I was drawn to what's his face's movie about killing Adolf.

This is definately more appealing to me.

Ferry_vO
January 11th, 2009, 12:09
BTW Another amazing WW2 movie that I saw recently was the German 'Die Faelscher' (The Counterfeiters). Hope you can see it somewhere, as it tells another unknown but quite amazing story.

Lewis-A2A
January 11th, 2009, 12:14
Is that aout the SS plan to flood Britain with fake money using Jew's in a special camp to make the money?

I watched a documentary on that the other day most interesting and very surreal. How these 'skilled' jews were kept as special people and almost became friends with there ss guards.

Ferry_vO
January 11th, 2009, 12:20
Is that aout the SS plan to flood Britain with fake money using Jew's in a special camp to make the money?

That's the one!

Fascinating to see them deal with a big dilemma: Do I help the enemy win to save my own life?

Cazzie
January 11th, 2009, 13:46
Being a true redneck I doubt I shall pay to see that in theaters (Too costly and theaters these days are the pits), but you can bet I shall be seeing it at home on PPV. May get the DVD even. Craig looks better in that than the JB movies.

Caz

Boomer
January 11th, 2009, 13:51
Looks great!

I will definitely see it when it hits my area.

stiz
January 11th, 2009, 14:37
Craig looks better in that than the JB movies.

i dunno why but he tends to look better the more bloody and muddier he is :173go1: :d

demorier
January 12th, 2009, 00:36
Seems very gloomy.....but I agree the trailer at least does look very interesting.

wombat666
January 12th, 2009, 00:57
Gloomy?
Should watch the 'Battle of the Somme' tonight (Monday) on ABC1.
Brilliant but depressing.
:kilroy:

demorier
January 12th, 2009, 20:34
We have cable tele here wombat....never stop with that kind of stuff on history channel.